• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Michiko and Hatchin also started very strong and seemed to have a lot of potential it squandered

KLK was very consistent though it's run, I feel like some people walked into it expecting TTGL2, saw it wasn't that and decided it was the worst thing ever. I can at least get why people like Gucci didn't like it due to the excessive fan service and over the top that was too much for him.

Uh if we're gonna talk about general consensus here it's pretty apparent that a lot of people feel Kill la Kill fell off after about the halfway point.

Line_HTX

I think the fact that M&H was so different is why people really tried to get invested, I know I did, I loved the setting, I loved the music, I loved the representation but the characters, story construction and pacing just wasn't very good.

I will concede that point.

Michiko and Hatchin also started very strong and seemed to have a lot of potential it squandered

KLK was very consistent though it's run, I feel like some people walked into it expecting TTGL2, saw it wasn't that and decided it was the worst thing ever. I can at least get why people like Gucci didn't like it due to the excessive fan service and over the top that was too much for him.

Don't lump me into the group that "hates it because its different from that thing that was better." KLK has some serious problems beyond the excessive fan service and the stupidity. KLK felt very inconsistent and felt like it was written week by week.

Both shows had Watanabe involvement, but he didn't share comparable roles between the two shows...

Eh. For reference, I haven't seen Champloo yet so I can't make any comparisons between the two.

It was consistently boring.

I agree.

Line_HTX

Don't lump me into the group that "hates it because its different from that thing that was better." KLK has some serious problems beyond the excessive fan service and the stupidity. KLK felt very inconsistent and felt like it was written week by week.

Eh. For reference, I haven't seen Champloo yet so I can't make any comparisons between the two.

Oh man, I hope you enjoy Champloo. It's pretty fun at least. If you enjoyed Michiko, then you'll definitely like this one.

Uh if we're gonna talk about general consensus here it's pretty apparent that a lot of people feel Kill la Kill fell off after about the halfway point.

Both M&H and KLK are clearly very decisive shows here, both of them and InuYasha The Final Act all squandered potential in one way or another. The Final Act is really the show we should consider the front runner for most disappointing considering it's a slapped together spark note summary that loses all impact on every major good story beat from the manga.

Crocodile

I couldn't simply lie about how I felt about the matter. The sad thing is, I went in expecting to hate AGK and love M&H when the shows were first announced for Toonami.

I respect your liking something different so even if I strongly disagree I don't mean to disparage you. AgK is so.........not good though :(

What's wrong with Samurai Champloo?

Naruto + OP (both in filler) + KLK = last 90 minutes. What does Champloo have to do with this?

Michiko and Hatchin had the pedigree to be legendary ala Samurai Champloo. It fell way short

I can play this game too

KLK and TTGL share more important staff (director + writer) than Champloo and M&H did. From an animation, art and music perspective M&H actually holds it ground vs. Champloo (I'd argue the animation and music are a step below in M&H but at least its comparable). So it makes more sense ot expect the next TTGL from KLK than the next Champloo from M&H

It tried something different and as time goes on I appreciate KLK more and more. And what else were you expecting out of the pedigree of TTGL. You just want to watch more TTGL? Watch TTGL! KLK is it's own thing.

I didn't expect KLK to copy TTGL, I expected it to be similarly as good whilst doing its own thing. KLK had worse animation, worse music, never reached the same epic highs, worse and less consistent themes and a less consistent array of characters (sone were great but some - like the lead unfortunately - kind of sucked). Simon >>>>>> Ryuko.

Raxus

Uh, dude. You are talking to a little girl nekkid and not batting an eye. THERE ARE OTHER QUESTIONS YOU SHOULD BE ASKING!

Both M&H and KLK are clearly very decisive shows here, both of them and InuYasha The Final Act all squandered potential in one way or another. The Final Act is really the show we should consider the front runner for most disappointing considering it's a slapped together spark note summary that loses all impact on every major good story beat from the manga.

eh that's probably true. i don't think we went into Final Act expecting a masterpiece like the others but quality-wise it probably turned out the worst

Those damn frogs.
That damn frog song.
fb9b19695299d6ae04b6b5837ccffe5759b4618c_hq.gif

Korigama

I respect your liking something different so even if I strongly disagree I don't mean to disparage you. AgK is so.........not good though :(
Understood, no offense taken. Vitriol is best saved for the shows that disappoint, rather than the viewers.
I haven't seen Bebop either, so I guess I'm going in the right direction with this lol.
Ramping up to better and better shows of that type sounds like a plan. Just be sure to account for the movie for Bebop as well, which is canonical and also quite good (set between episodes 22 and 23).

Top Bottom