• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Don't do this to me.

I know some people like, even love, Teen Titans Go, but that show will always belong in the fiery pits of hell as far as I'm concerned.

I don't watch it, but I caught an episode or two once and thought it was fine.

I think it helps when you realize that the reason for these show revivals isn't to target the old audience, but to take something that resonated with the old audience and use it to try to reel in a new audience.

The networks have NOT A SINGLE CLUE what exactly it was that resonated with the old audience, so they just kind of take an old thing and make it new again and pray whatever resonated is still there.

I think people would be more accepting of TTG if the original series had ended on a satisfactory note as opposed to the cancelled into rushed movie special end.

I wholly realize my annoyance of TTG is irrational.

In actuality when I watch the show, I don't feel anything towards it. The humor doesn't click with me. And to continue off Doctor Decimate post, the show really isn't to blame at all for Teen Titan's cancellation.

I just wish we could have gotten another season so the show could have ended better, like Bass said.

Regiruler

I think people would be more accepting of TTG if the original series had ended on a satisfactory note as opposed to the cancelled into rushed movie special end.

I actually liked the TT movie a lot, for what it's worth.

Even as a big fan of the original, I never found a reason to hate TTG. Hell, I actually like that they're using the source material in some way as opposed to letting it rot, and the voice actors are completely on board.

Line_HTX

TFA was good enough, I think.

It's going to be a long haul until January 2nd when the lineup is back to normal.

I look forward to rewatching Champloo a third time.

Long live Jun Seba's beats.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Josuke's nose looks weird from that low angle (i.e the screenshot seen before you start the video), but looks great otherwise, considering we got a new character designer (that Penguindrum one). Heard a rumor it was done in order to attract more females to the anime, as the manga actually has a decent sized female fanbase.

Josuke's nose looks weird from that low angle (i.e the screenshot seen before you start the video), but looks great otherwise, considering we got a new character designer (that Penguindrum one). Heard a rumor it was done in order to attract more females to the anime, as the manga actually has a decent sized female fanbase.

Well the char. designer has done a lot of BL.

And that would make sense for Part 5, which is already big for the female audience.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well the char. designer has done a lot of BL.

And that would make sense for Part 5, which is already big for the female audience.
Yeah, I think it's Part 5 that's the most popular among woman. Though I think they also dig the look of some of the villians. I saw a live-reaction trailer of All-Star Battle being shown on those giant public screens & heard a good amount of fangirling when Kars from Part 2 was shown.

Jojo confirmed to be Nicktoons bound.

To be redubbed by 4kids.
After hiring Sentai to dub it.

Also Toei to take over the animation.

i wish toonami paid for a true continuation of teen titans, hell, even a tv movie to finish off what the show left would be great. but you know the one thing i want more than that? Young Justice. Fuck cartoon network for setting Young Justice and Green Lantern up to die :mad: those shows are soooooooo fucking good but weren't given a fair chance. from my understanding both of them actually got a good amount of views, its that the toys weren't selling like hot cakes. but that can't be true... johnny test went on for like 8 years, who the fuck is buying johnny test shit for their kids? I've never seen johnny test merchandise.

Now, on one hand, Cartoon Network just running all of their DC shows in the ground was bad, because it got both Green Lantern and Young Justice cancelled. And those shows were well made and loved by fans.

On the other hand, it also means we'll probably never have to watch more Beware the Batman.

You said anime's strongest character, so I will refrain from talking about certain JoJo characters, until the next part is announced for anime adaptation.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
On that note the helllll

okay but
is anyone else out of his universe more powerful? Or is it basically impossible to judge since he hasn't shown his strength in full?

We have yet to see the anything of Class S, Rank 1 Hero Blast who is officially the most powerful hero in the world.

Crocodile

Aside from the occasional episode where it goes "full retard", I like Teen Titan Go. It just sucks that it is American Comedy Cartoon #3145135325 that had to come off the heels of the cancellation of some sweet action toons.

It pissed you off so much because you liked their relationship.

That one episode of Space Dandy made people care more than most dedicated romance series do.

The bolded is so insanely true its not even funny. That one episode shamed like 90% of all romance anime.

Raxus

MADHOUSE

THE GODS
Actually it is more like handful of talented animators the good since mad house hired a ton of outside talent to make this.

There is a great video out there on this (and the importance of directors) out there I can post later.

Speaking of directors, the director of Gundam Build Fighters is doing MHA.

I am pretty thrilled.

Sooooo,

The JP Gurren Lagann Twitter account posted a link to a "Coming Soon" website.

screen-shot-2015-12-21-at-6.39.46-pm.png.jpg

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...en-lagann-launches-coming-soon-website/.96774

Top Bottom