• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Year of dreams continues to deliver with a new berserk anime being announced covering the next story arc

The downside being Miura is going on hiatus until Summer. Just as they got off the boat...

Also, to anyone that wants to avoid One Piece spoilers, avoid the English trailer for Burning Blood.

Sooooo,

The JP Gurren Lagann Twitter account posted a link to a "Coming Soon" website.

screen-shot-2015-12-21-at-6.39.46-pm.png.jpg

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...en-lagann-launches-coming-soon-website/.96774

C-Could it be were getting another Gurren Laggan?!

Must...contain....hype...

EDIT: Why in the god damned hell do I see Konami's name their?!

This is a god damned Pachinko machine isn't it?!

God Damnit...

Either that or a shit mobile game, ugh fucking konami anything with their name attached now is poisoned. poor Gurren Laggan doesn't deserve this. :(

I can't even get remotely excited for the new Berserk thing if it's another CG movie or more Golden Age and it seems to be a tradeoff since Miura went on hiatus again until next summer, fuck that.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I can't even get remotely excited for the new Berserk thing if it's another CG movie or more Golden Age and it seems to be a tradeoff since Miura went on hiatus again until next summer, fuck that.

It's gonna be black swordsman stuff, which is everything around the golden age.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh man. Just woke up. A new Gurren Lagann being teased, Jojo Eyes of Heaven confirmed for the US (now to see if they use the name changes from All-Star Battle), EU is getting Super Mario RPG & Mario 64 DS on the Wii U eShop possibly hinting at the US getting it eventually, Guilty Gear Xrd PS4 LE is a whopping $23.

This week is off to a good start.

Edit: Actually, let's get this confirmed: If we nominate Jojo for "show most wanted on Toonami", are we counting ALL the seasons, just Part 3, or including the upcoming Part 4 anime airing in April?

Grexeno

Edit: Actually, let's get this confirmed: If we nominate Jojo for "show most wanted on Toonami", are we counting ALL the seasons, just Part 3, or including the upcoming Part 4 anime airing in April?
For simplicity's sake let's assume they would always begin by airing Parts 1/2.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmmm, alright, because what gets aired is playing a big role in if I want to choose it (especially with part 4 airing in a few months, which is my favorite part of all of Jojo). It's between "long show with many moments, but also slower episodes of less action" & "short show that'd only last a few months, but pretty much has action in every episode".

.......or My Hero Academia being right in the middle.

Edit: YO, what's this about One Piece: Burning Blood getting an LE on Amazon? It's freakin' $130 though...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's surprisingly hard to drag people into the series with part 1 though, while part 2 grabs people instantly.
My thoughts exactly, considering Part 2 is another of my favorites.

...ya know, didn't they say there'd be big changes or whatever after Intruder 2 finished? Aside from "we got a home base instead of a ship now with new bumps", doesn't feel all that different. Maybe I was just kind of expecting a bigger announcement, which will probably come next year. Though Samurai Champloo is still rather big.

Part 1 is the weakest part, but the first episode of Phantom Blood is amazing. Back when the show first started, there wasn't a whole lot of expectation but that first episode was such a good hook

Part 1 has almost 0 "action" for about 3 episodes.

There's action in every episode in part 1

Episode 1 has
two fist fights between dio and jojo

Episode 2 has
the football scene, dio fighting a zombie/vampire, and jojo confronting speedwagon's goons

And so on from there, sure the bigger shonen esque battles don't start until the 3rd episode, but to say the series has no action is wrong

Soulflarz

Banned
It has action, but going into JoJo, you expect ridiculousness and amazingness, or else you probably wouldnt have started it. The show doesn't hit this in a way where it has mass appeal until season 2. I personally was okay with season 1, but the amount of people who I've had to tell force yourself through S1 so they didn't drop it there for failing to live up to hype was quite high.

Well, 3/4 of them.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's not as "bizarre" as you'd think it be until Part 2 happens. Part 1 isn't all that bad, but when you've seen the other parts, it doesn't hold up as well compared to when Stands were introduced or Part 2 bringing the "bizarre" to the series.

It's part of the reason why I question if they should start with Part 3, considered the most popular due to that being where Viz started and the Capcom fighter being brought over (plus that OVA), or deal with Part 1 & 2 despite knowing we might lose viewers who just aren't getting hooked due to Part 1.

Also helps that Joseph is a much funner protagonist compared to Jonathan.

I also like Part 2 more than Part 1, but Part 1 Dio is far better than any character in Part 2. I'm also very fond of Jonathon and Zeppeli.

Part 1 of Jojo is great. Like I mentioned before, its better than 90% of the stuff on Toonami atm

Raxus

Part 1 gets a bad wrap because part 2 is so amazing. Much like Diamond is Unbreakable compared to Stardust Crusaders, Araki likes to try new ideas and then the next series he goes hog wild with it.

DIO, the eternal hype man that is Speedwagon and Zeppelli all make for an entertaining watch. Not to mention we get more Roundabout.

I find it funny people don't consider Part 1 truly 'bizarre' despite the fact
Jonathan fights a hair vampire and has a duel with an enemy linked together with a chain of each of their necks.

Raxus

Part 1 has better characters in comparison to Part 2, but the story of Part 2 is more enjoyable than Part 1.

Part 2 has best Jo and that is all that matters.
I also like Erina better in Part 2 as well

One more reason JoJo needs to come to Toonami, it gives everyone in the thread an opportunity to yell JOJOOOOOOO! DIIIIIIOOOOOO! at each other.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Part 1 gets a bad wrap because part 2 is so amazing. Much like Diamond is Unbreakable compared to Stardust Crusaders, Araki likes to try new ideas and then the next series he goes hog wild with it.
That's pretty much the reason why parts 2 & 4 are my favorites, it expands upon the ideas introduced in the previous parts and makes them even cooler/enjoyable/more interesting. That's not to say Parts 1 & 3 are bad, it's just that they were more of laying the foundation down.

Did someone say Black Swordsman?

8da15803cd2057fd443d77619f567123.jpg
Is that the black guy who was sexually harassing the maid?

Top Bottom