• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Did someone say Black Swordsman?

8da15803cd2057fd443d77619f567123.jpg

There is sadly a section of animoo fans that feel he's the true Black Swordsman, and that Guts would be an imitation.

Guts isn't exactly a deep character, but he feels very in tune with the world and story that revolves around him.

Not that it really matters though. Berserk will never finish. It's going on hiatus again.

And when the story resumes, Guts will probably get on another boat.

Griffith is probably a lot "deeper" then Guts.

Berserk is pretty thematically excellent all around. It's interesting, but it's not like you need an academic paper to figure out wtf the themes are or what it's "really" about like Revolutionary Girl Utena. I'm 30 episodes into that and I'm still confused.

Mizerman

To be fair it's not like Gutts is the deepest character either, infinitely more then Kirito yes but he's not a super complex character.

Guts may not be a very complex character, but at least he has a character for me to care about.

Berserk is pretty thematically excellent all around. It's interesting, but it's not like you need an academic paper to figure out wtf the themes are or what it's "really" about like Revolutionary Girl Utena. I'm 30 episodes into that and I'm still confused.

He is.

No question about it.

Jarate

Banned

I dont think Guts was ever intended to be a deep character compared to others, in fact his simpleness is a big reason why Guts and Griffith get a long so well

although I should probably refrain from posting as it will just reveal some spoilers most likely

what im trying too say is that if you havent read Berserk READ BERSERK

Thats because in reality Griffith is the lead character and saviour of Berserk and Guts is just some ass hole who's gonna fuck up paradise for his petty revenge.

C-Could it be were getting another Gurren Laggan?!

Must...contain....hype...

EDIT: Why in the god damned hell do I see Konami's name their?!

This is a god damned Pachinko machine isn't it?!

God Damnit...

Konami was part of the show's original production committee if I'm reading ANN's encyclopedia entry right.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They also had the Konami logo on some of the GL models/figurines. Also they made a DS game. & were one of the co-producers.

You know, looking back on it, you ever wonder if Riker's beard was a sentient parasite that was controlling him?

Because his personality did changed somewhat when he grew that face foliage.

Guys, we need not resort to simple violence because we disagree on little things...

We built Thunderdome so we could resort to complex and elaborate forms of violence over disagreements.

Top Bottom