• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Grexeno

DeMarco likes the prequel trilogy lightsaber fights?

ZCgitN0.jpg

A bunch of poorly choreographed fights with people wildly swinging at each other in front of a green screen with zero emotional depth or purpose aside from being "super fucking epic"

Sounds like then perfect shonen for Toonami LOLOLOLOL

Other than the fight against Maul, the prequel fights are shit.

SHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTT

In fact, the prequels made me realize the Jedi were basically completely incompetent, both in combat and out.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Prequel fights are good if you can enjoy vapid and pointless fights that only exist so fights can happen.

The only fight I felt had any value was Obi-Wan and Anakin, the others were just "eh".
I didn't care for Qui-Gon, I didn't care for Darth Maul, I didn't care for Dooku, I didn't care for Grevious. Even the fight with Yoda and Palpatine was meh as it doesn't really mean much but "Look at our psychic powers!"

Sure, the fight choreography in The Force Awakens isn't as flashy, but there's a lot more weight to it, and it's much more in style of Empire and Return.

My problem with the Anakin and Obi-Wan fight is that it goes on way too long, and what surrounds it is standard prequel fair, bad writing and poor directing.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I think this Mad Magazine quote says it best (taken from TVTropes "Saved by Canon" page)

Yoda: Kill you, I cannot! But kill me, YOU cannot!
Emperor Palpatine: Because we are equally-matched opponents on opposite sides of the same almighty Force?
Yoda: No, because already released have the sequels to this movie been! And in them we both appear! Problem this is with prequels - no suspense can there be when already we know which characters live!

Top Bottom