• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Man God

Non-Canon Member
pdKw0X4.gif

It's like I said in off-topic, stuff happens in the Star Wars universe because THE FORCE. Try not to think about it any more than that.

To put it another way, stuff happens in Star Wars because stuff happens.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's like I said in off-topic, stuff happens in the Star Wars universe because the force. Try not to think about it any more than that.

To put it another way, stuff happens in Star Wars because stuff happens.

Don't you mean midichl- *gets shot*

I am so glad (Force Awakens stuff)
they went back to Yoda's explanation in Empire Strikes Back for the new movie. That it's a mysterious force that surrounds us, guides us, becomes us, the Force just is.

they went back to Yoda's explanation in Empire Strikes Back for the new movie. That it's a mysterious force that surrounds us, guides us, becomes us, the Force just is.

Considering even George Lucas dropped the midichlorian plot thread in clones/sith that's been dead for a long while

Mizerman

...Can we just burn them both from history?

Yes.

Same. There are just some things that don't need to be explained.

The Ewoks of the prequel trilogy except worse because they can talk.

Weesa well rounded and respectable characters.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Grievous gets taken down by fucking gungans in Clone Wars

Who cares? Grievous was lame in everything but the Tartakovsky Clone Wars series. At least he got to kill a preexisting movie character before the Gungans captured him, which is like the second biggest thing he ever accomplished behind taking out the Nightsisters.

Who cares? Grievous was lame in everything but the Tartakovsky Clone Wars series. At least he got to kill a preexisting movie character before the Gungans captured him, which is like the second biggest thing he ever accomplished behind taking out the Nightsisters.

HE HAD SO MUCH POTENTIAL

SO MUCH POTENTIAL

Line_HTX

Merry Christmas, Toonami!

It's midnight finally.

That looks like a nice sandwich Kirito is eating there.

There are no Ladies of Toonami Xmas picture?

ckohler

So from what I understand these are the first OVAs in existence that proto-Gainax made that features a metric ton of movie references?

Yep. Daicon III and Daicon IV were both Sci-fi/Fantasy/Anime conventions that were held in 1981 and 1983 in Japan respectively. The convention hired a group of young, amateur animators who called themselves "Daicon Film" to create an opening animation to kick off each event.

Diacon III

Daicon III was produced by only three animatiors: Hideaki Anno, Hiroyuki Yamaga and Takami Akai. It featured a young girl battling various famous cross media cameos and boarding a giant spaceship shaped like a daikon radish. The quality of the animation was so good they were hired again two years later to produce a second.

Diacon IV

Now with a group of twelve, they created the even more ambitious (and famous) sequel animation for Daicon IV that featured a grown up version of the young girl character from the first short now wearing a bunny costume, featured WAY more cameos all set to the song "Twilight" by Electric Light Orchestra.

The quality of both of these shorts were so good that these the animators would go on to form Gainax. If you haven't watched them, they really are pretty amazing especially considering their origin and their lasting impact on anime as a whole.

Yep. Daicon III and Daicon IV were both Sci-fi/Fantasy/Anime conventions that were held in 1981 and 1983 in Japan respectively. The convention hired a group of young, amateur animators who called themselves "Daicon Film" to create an opening animation to kick off each event.

Diacon III

Daicon III was produced by only three animatiors: Hideaki Anno, Hiroyuki Yamaga and Takami Akai. It featured a young girl battling various famous cross media cameos and boarding a giant spaceship shaped like a daikon radish. The quality of the animation was so good they were hired again two years later to produce a second.

Diacon IV

Now with a group of twelve, they created the even more ambitious (and famous) sequel animation for Daicon IV that featured a grown up version of the young girl character from the first short now wearing a bunny costume, featured WAY more cameos all set to the song "Twilight" by Electric Light Orchestra.

The quality of both of these shorts were so good that these the animators would go on to form Gainax. If you haven't watched them, they really are pretty amazing especially considering their origin and their lasting impact on anime as a whole.

Oh, Daicon was a convention. That explains why the openings were so long and there didn't seem to be any clips of the actual show, which I now know never existed. Easy mistake to make when you only see it brought up in "best anime opening" threads.

Oh yeah, One Piece marathon this weekend...

...do we get to watch the
Going Merry get burned down again?

(I guess I should still spoil things like that?)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oh yeah, One Piece marathon this weekend...

...do we get to watch the
Going Merry get burned down again?

(I guess I should still spoil things like that?)

12:00 - One Piece - 320 - Everyone Finally Has A Bounty! A Pirate Group Worth Over Six Hundred Million!
12:30 - One Piece - 321 - The King of Animals that Overlooks the Sea! The Dream Ship Magnificently Completed!
1:00 - One Piece - 322 - Goodbye My Dear Underlings! Franky Departs!
1:30 - One Piece - 323 - Departing the City of Water! Usopp Mans Up and Brings Closure to the Duel!
2:00 - One Piece - 324 - Wanted Posters Make It Around the World! Celebrations in Their Hometowns as the Ship Moves Forward!
2:30 - One Piece - 325 - The Most Heinous Power! Blackbeard's Darkness Attacks Ace!
3:00 - One Piece - 326 - The Mysterious Band of Pirates! Sunny and the Dangerous Trap!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Honestly besides going back and playing the last eight episodes of Enies Lobby this is a solid six set of episodes plus one non canon episode.

Moaradin

They should air the first Berserk anime first. Has that really never been on Toonami or AS before? Would fit really well now since they've been getting mature action shows lately. Berserk has a really good dub for it's time as well.

They should air the first Berserk anime first. Has that really never been on Toonami or AS before? Would fit really well now since they've been getting mature action shows lately. Berserk has a really good dub for it's time as well.

I don't think anyone has the rights to it though, as crazy as that sounds.

I was hoping that Funi, or Viz, or Discotek would save the series, but alas, no luck.

Moaradin

Berserk as a franchise has been handled weird as hell. It's so good but in 25 years we got 2 adaptions of it, and both times they just adapted the golden age arc. We only have like 2 yukes games. You would think Berserk would be a fucking awesome video game property.

The original Berserk anime falls into that category of "too old" and considering how much it skipped anyone who jumps into this new anime having only seeing it will likely be lost

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Now let's all watch the only anime movie focused on Christmas:

Itsudatte_My_Santa!_DVD_cover.jpg

or ya know, Tokyo Godfathers, but that only takes place on Xmas

Top Bottom