• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Man God

Non-Canon Member
vNqdINg.gif

Grexeno

Reposting for new page:

NOMINATIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR THE FIRST ANNUAL TOONAMIGAF AWARDS

Nominations are being accepted for the following categories:

Best Promo
Worst Moment
Best Moment
Best Fight
Worst Character
Best Character
Best Villain
Biggest Disappointment
Best Surprise
Most Wanted New Show
Best Performance by a Voice Actor
and Best Performance by a Voice Actress

You may make up to 3 nominations in each category. Feel free to post your nominations in the thread, but also make sure to PM them to me, as I won't be accepting nominations only posted in the thread.

Only shows that aired new episodes this year are eligible for awards, meaning the following shows are not eligible: Attack on Titan, Deadman Wonderland, Bleach, Space Dandy, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, IGPX, and Samurai Jack.

Specific guidelines for the categories:

Best Promo: Includes lineup promos, show and marathon promos, Toonami music videos, Better Cartoon Show promos, and TOM speeches. Does not include bumps or game reviews.

Worst Moment/Best Moment: Try to only nominate single moments or sequences. If something you want to nominate is better covered by a different category, like Best Fight, nominate it there.

Biggest Disappointment/Best Surprise: These categories can cover any Toonami-related subject, from overall show quality to shows not being shown.

Most Wanted New Show: Please only nominate shows that already exist or are confirmed to exist.

Best Performance by a Voice Actor/Voice Actress: Please specifically nominate the actual VA. For example, Christopher Ayres as Frieza.

Please also note that Intruder II is also eligible for awards.

NOMINATIONS ARE OPEN UNTIL MIDNIGHT ON DECEMBER 31.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Good lord, I went to bed around 7:30 a.m., next thing I know, it's about 5:45 p.m. & I'm extremely confused because I don't know if it's morning or night, not to mention 10 hours is a looonnggg time to sleep. Winter messes with me with how early it gets dark outside since I'd use it as an indicator of "oh it's almost time to get ready to go to work."

This time they are getting new tapes and going for as few edits as possible.
Cool, I don't expect a ton less edits, but I can see a few words getting pass the censors this time arounds.

That's me knowing the marathons are over.

The marathons were okay.

This place is kinda dead during marathons, which is a shame.

And now we wait for last night's ratings...

One Piece confirmed to be cancelled. Everyone agrees the upcoming arcs aren't that good anyway.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Thriller Bark for the most part is pretty bad compared to most OP arcs.
And it's pretty long.

It's better when marathoned... in the manga.
Honestly at this point, the manga is the superior way to go. Then go to YouTube for the fights.
Though I think the English dub makes things more enjoyable, especially with some of the liberties they take.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's better when marathoned... in the manga.
Honestly at this point, the manga is the superior way to go. Then go to YouTube for the fights.
Though I think the English dub makes things more enjoyable, especially with some of the liberties they take.

I marathoned it in English a little while back and it was great, week to week would probably suck though.

BatDan

Looking into it, Toei is working on six animated projects right now.
One Piece, Dragon Ball Super, annual Pretty Cure, World Trigger, Digimon Adventure Tri, and something called Robot Girls Z which is a show about some of the most popular giant robots turned into little girls. I'm talking Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger, Grendizer, Getter Robo, Steel Jeeg, Gaiking. I swear this sounds like a bad acid trip but apparently it's real.

That probably explains why Super is ... not so super.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
...and something called Robot Girls Z which is a show about some of the most popular giant robots turned into little girls. I'm talking Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger, Grendizer, Getter Robo, Steel Jeeg, Gaiking. I swear this sounds like a bad acid trip but apparently it's real.
Japan can turn ANYTHING into girls. Hell, that Sega Hard Girls show about female forms of the Mega Drive, Saturn, & Dreamcast was amazingly better than it had any right to be.

....speaking of which, when the hell did Discotek get the rights for that....or a crapton of other shows, for that matter? Heck, they're the ones re-releasing IGPX.

we have pretty much hit the peak of the anime honestly. even the Enies Lobby pacing got to me on a weekly basis

Yup. Week to week for OP is gonna suck because the pacing really starts to get even worse after enies lobby.

You're better off just kicking back and enjoying each episode without worrying too much about what's gonna happen next.

Yup. Week to week for OP is gonna suck because the pacing really starts to get even worse after enies lobby.

You're better off just kicking back and enjoying each episode without worrying too much about what's gonna happen next.

To be honest, I think the animation gets worse from here on out too.

The big moments look good, but there are a lot more episodes where everyone looks off-model.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Robot Girls Z is rather short, isn't it? Maybe I'll check it out since I only need to really catch up on Young Jack Black & wait for April to happen.....plus maybe see if anything is airing next month or so.

Raxus

I am going to just enjoy Ushio and Tora until April happens. Then JoJo and MHA will be my life.

Going into JoJo blind is the best feeling in the world.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
To be honest, I think the animation gets worse from here on out too.

The big moments look good, but there are a lot more episodes where everyone looks off-model.

Sadly Toei doesn't see any need to do a good job on some episodes, but the ones that matter are great.

ckohler

"I have seen... a... security hologram... of him... killing younglings..."

*Tries hard not to laugh**

Ugh. I can't stand the word "youngling." Just say it...they were kids. If the goal was to to show how evil Darth Vader was by having him kill little kids then don't also back peddle by referring to them them "younglings." It doesn't help. Second, WHY EVEN MAKE VADER KILL KIDS?! It makes him irredeemable. They never should have let Lucas write those prequels without Lawrence Kasdan's help.

Ugh. I can't stand the word "youngling." Just say it...they were kids. If the goal was to to show how evil Darth Vader was by having him kill little kids then don't also back peddle by referring to them them "younglings." It doesn't help. Second, WHY EVEN MAKE VADER KILL KIDS?! It makes him irredeemable. They never should have let Lucas write those prequels without Lawrence Kasdan's help.

I mean I don't think the point was to make vader redeemable it was meant to explain how Vader became a horrible ass hole

I just took "youngling" as another one of their silly-sounding terms like "Padawan" rather than any attempt at obscuring what Anakin did; I mean, they don't exactly try to hide it or anything.

I don't even really have an issue with him killing kids on paper, either, but it felt like they went 0 to 100 in the execution and it felt like a shortcut to being evil as a result.

BatDan

I just took "youngling" as another one of their silly-sounding terms like "Padawan" rather than any attempt at obscuring what Anakin did.

I don't even really have an issue with him killing kids on paper, either, but it felt like they went 0 to 100 in the execution and it felt like a shortcut to being evil as a result.

It needed a scene of Anakin showing doubt. Like "I can't kill kids... but if this is the way to saving Padme... but they're kids"

Force Awakens spoilers
Kylo Ren was similar, he was clearly struggling to stay firmly in the Dark Side. He had self-doubt, he was unsure, and it wasn't until he killed his father that he truly understood what to do. In a way, it's Anakin done right

How the hell did we get onto Star Wars?

Top Bottom