• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

BBboy20

I would usually find such a complete disregard for the source material to be off-putting but the bizarre 4th wall breaking localization of Pizza Cats is actually pretty damn funny.
Apparently they didn't have the Japanese script so everything was improvised.

It needed a scene of Anakin showing doubt. Like "I can't kill kids... but if this is the way to saving Padme... but they're kids"

Force Awakens spoilers
Kylo Ren was similar, he was clearly struggling to stay firmly in the Dark Side. He had self-doubt, he was unsure, and it wasn't until he killed his father that he truly understood what to do. In a way, it's Anakin done right

How the hell did we get onto Star Wars?

Really we should always be on Star Wars

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Apparently they didn't have the Japanese script so everything was improvised.
Yup, it was basically the first "abridged" show & it's even mentioned in the opening song, something about "As soon as we can find the script, then we can start the show." I should get around to watching the dub, I bet I would've really dug it as a kid since I was more into action-comedy.

TUSR

Banned
This video is not available in your country.

1UFXVl3.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Should've done a Gillette Fusion ad. I mean, look at One Piece & Schick.

tumblr_m9s8bozKtr1qixttfo2_500.gif

Hell, even Attack on Titan promoted razors once (yes, this is actually real):

140702-01-01.jpg

inb4 Eva razor ads with Gendo smiling

the first episode is okay but the other two get fucking ridiculous and it does pretty much the worst callback ("callforward"?) in a franchise that's awful about those

Oh man, you mean those episodes where
Anakin learned he was going to be Darth Vader, but then immediately had his memory erased? Making the entire arc pointless?

Yeah, good thing you skipped that Sigma.

Oh man, you mean those episodes where
Anakin learned he was going to be Darth Vader, but then immediately had his memory erased? Making the entire arc pointless?

Yeah, good thing you skipped that.

ARGH.

I should really finish the Clone Wars TV show at some point. I just have the non-Darth Maul stuff in season 5 to go, really, since I've seen 6.

I think the Fives arc in season 6 is the only thing in Clone Wars that really stuck the landing, though it, Darth Maul, Nightsisters, and Umbara are all some of the best Star Wars stuff period.

crosspost from anime community because why not

WxLP9jK.png

i'm really liking glitter force a lot

Af4uq1O.png

I had heard of PreCure before, including hearing things about Smile from internet osmosis. I knew the series sometimes had well choreographed and animated action moments, so I always thought that I'd give it a try if one of the series got dubbed. When all the "Gangam Girls" talks were going on, I was excited for it because of the ironic/nostalgic appeal of such a 90s style Americanized dub, and the show has that even with the less ridiculous name.

Much like when I first watched Friendship is Magic, I wasn't grabbed right away and was hesitant. But, like that show, once the initial episodes focusing on the plot give way to character stories, I was hooked. Although FiM transitions completely to a slice of life, Glitter Force still includes the prerequisite monster of the week being blown up with a stock footage beam, with all the same reused speeches from the baddies, but the real focus is on character interactions and humor, which the show does very well.

I do hope to get some of the fights I've seen on youtube (assuming they were from Smile) that had well done fighting action, however.

I watched the first episode of Smile PreCure after I watched the first episode of Glitter force, but honestly nothing jumped out at me as making the original high art in comparison. Most lines that feel like dub additions (an extra cheesy self aware joke from an offscreen character or without lip movement) are funny, even if it's for the cheese/ironic bad pun factor.

Criticisms:

• The skipped episodes. I like the show enough that my biggest complaint is that I want more of it.
  • The anti seizure screen darkening.
  • When Glitter Sunny transforms, she says "This girl is on fire" followed by "When you mess with me, you're playing with fire". She should say "When you mess with me, you're gonna get burned" so there's move word variety. But that's only for her solo transformation which doesn't happen too often.
Kelsey > Emily > Chloe > April > Lily

I hope Saban continues with the rest of the franchise.

It's either the best or worst show of the year.

If you disagree you're clear a Nazi Communist.

So if I don't agree that its the best and the worst I'm a nazi communist? Or is it I have to think its either the best or the worst and if I find it somewhere in the middle I'm a nazi communist.

At least the popular OT vote this year is for something good and not Attack on Titan or Kill la Kill

Yet I'd rather watch both of those over OPM, OPM does have the best overall animation fwiw

Top Bottom