• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't see them getting another endless battle shonen when they already have the cream of the crop. Basically I am expecting Sailor Moon instead.

Yeah you're probably right, that would bring in the nostalgia crowd and would be uncut

Also apparently the repeat of Attack on Titan is free, it staying at 11:30 makes sense

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hmm, that statement about Hellsing Ultimate being a response to the fans wanting more darker stuff makes me wonder if the 2:30 AM show will be another "darker" show as well, like with Black Lagoon.

Inuyasha: Final Act will run with the full open on the night of the premiere and have a shortened open thereafter.

This is fine as the opening of Final Act never changes.

EDIT: Someone asked about Bleach.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Rightstuf doesn't have broadcast rights, and he said that generally you need a US distributor to put something on TV

They worked directly through Bandai in Japan for a lot of their older deals so if anyone could get Gundam on the air without a US distributor right now, it would be TOONAMI. There's no point without a dub though, or a Blu-Ray edition to sell of an older show at the very least.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
We should be hearing the movie month schedule "soon-ish".

Also, someone REALLY doesn't want Toonami to air Guilty Crown.

They worked directly through Bandai in Japan for a lot of their older deals so if anyone could get Gundam on the air without a US distributor right now, it would be TOONAMI. There's no point without a dub though, or a Blu-Ray edition to sell of an older show at the very least.

if i remember correctly that was mainly because they knew a guy at Bandai America

Rightstuf doesn't have broadcast rights, and he said that generally you need a US distributor to put something on TV

I mean at least it shows Bandai/Sunrise is willing to talk about Gundam in the US again

Yep, has to be dubbed

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So Guilty Crown ISN'T a crossover of Guilty Gear & Dragon's Crown?!

2004-2007 shows aren't considered "too old" for the block, though considering we had some that were older, that was kind of a given.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, thinking about movie month, I wonder if we'd get Cowboy Bebop: Heaven's Door this time around. Maybe they got the rights when getting back the regular series?

ckohler

I find this answer really interesting:

Reddit said:
Q: Why is Attack on Titan rerunning at 11:30 instead of DBZKai taking the slot with AoT later in the block?

A: Because programing thinks AoT will do better in that slot... we will see!

Sounds like the Toonami crew don't get final say on the order the shows play in.

assaultxmaster 1 point 19 minutes ago

Last question, I know it's been asked a lot, and I give you guys the benefit of the doubt. But, can we expect Bebop HD anytime soon?

:)))))))))))))

[–]LICHKINGDEMARCO 1 point a minute ago

We're working on that!

Pfffffffffffff

Guess we're never getting YGO GX

h9991160.jpg

Bleach reruns confirmed! Attack on Titan, DBZ Kai, Naruto Shippuden, One Piece, and Bleach all airing on the same block at the same time, truly the 5 kings of Shonen

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What show you keep getting requests to air on Toonami,but you don't want to see on Toonami

Hm I'd say Yu-Gi-Oh! is one.
Huh, was unaware people were requesting that.

Also, network is very happy with how they're doing, & Bleach is "likely" to rerun for some time. He also hopes to continue to get darker shows like Hellsing & Black Lagoon.

& no Intruder 2 trailer this year.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
SPEAKING OF HxH.

So, I hate to be the guy to simply just ask, "IS THIS SHOW COMING!?" because I imagine the question gets tedious after a bit. But when I watched Hunter x Hunter, I can honestly say it felt like a show that I would have watched on Toonami back in the day. And is it progressed, it took on a darker tone that seems to epitomize what Toonami is going for now. Considering, it's 148 episodes, it also adds stability to the block. Dub pending, do you think the show is something you'd consider?
Also, what are the odds of another series airing with a US dub before Japan?

Odds of another series airing with a US dub before Japan are small! And as for Hunter X Hunter... lemme know when it's dubbed! ;)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Are there any plans in the works to add a show or two from Sentai Filmworks to the block in 2015? Wouldn't mind seeing Log Horizon or Gatchaman CROWDS drop in for a run personally.
We're open to that!
Come oonnn, Sentai, work out a deal with them.

Also someone is GLAD to have been introduced to SAO because of Toonami.

Doesn't Netflix have the right to air the dub of Psycho Pass from Funi? We still got a comment that hinted we may see in sometime next year (yay......) so even if Netflix gets the dub we may still see it on Toonami in the future. I really can't see Netflix footing the bill themselves for an 148 episode anime dub on their own.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Thanks for asking me questions, I had a blast as always. And from myself and the entire Toonami crew, thank you to everyone who keeps this Subreddit alive and everyone who watches Toonami every week, your passion is the reason we keep doing this! You guys are the best!
xoxoxo, Jason
Welp, it's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom