• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh boy, my dad &/or his gf's here, I can go to GameStop now!

......LULZ NO NOW IT'S 5 KIDS I GOTTA WATCH OVER.

Edit: NOW they're here..........NOPE JUST THE PARENT OF THE KIDS' FRIEND.

the next episode review of Clone Wars will probably be late tonight because i need to do the dishes i've been putting off to get rid of the scent of burnt food

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FINALLY, they're here. I'm gonna be extremely mad if I can't partake in the SSB tournament because I was late due to having to wait for someone else to watch the kids.

How the hell can people play something like a fighting game on a handheld I'll never understand. I played the demo and it was an awful experience. I'll wait for the superior console version.

Moaradin

I'm still catching up on Build Fighters, maybe I gotta TRY harder so I can be current.

e5YuU.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
How the hell can people play something like a fighting game on a handheld I'll never understand. I played the demo and it was an awful experience. I'll wait for the superior console version.

The demo was legit as fuck and literally my only problem with it from a control perspective (not being able to switch grab with x) can be fixed in two seconds in the full version.

They did a great job with the 3DS version.

The demo was legit as fuck and literally my only problem with it from a control perspective (not being able to switch grab with x) can be fixed in two seconds in the full version.

Then it must be my gigantic meat claws getting in the way.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Shippuden is going to be rotten for a few more weeks.

It's more fun to post during rotten shows though.

Wait do you jump with y? On the 3ds the y is located the furthest away

bigkrev

To be fair, the only way to control in the demo was the analog pad, which is garbage. Hope the full game has Dpad support. Street Fighter 4 was -fine- on the 3DSXL, with the only problem being the triggers aren't as responsive as you would want them to be, and the original 3DS had a terrible Dpad

To be fair, the only way to control in the demo was the analog pad, which is garbage. Hope the full game has Dpad support. Street Fighter 4 was -fine- on the 3DSXL, with the only problem being the triggers aren't as responsive as you would want them to be, and the original 3DS had a terrible Dpad

Smash is more unplayable on the dpad then the 3ds analogue thing or any kind of nub pad. It took me a few hours to get used to playing smash on the 3ds I'm more comfortable with it now but its no console version.

Also I'm pretty sure you can not switch the pad with the dpad for movement and really you're some kind of monster for wanting to do so.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Can't dpad in Smash 3DS. You can for Wii Remote controls in Brawl, but those suck. The circle pad is very accurate and easy to smash with.

Also Bass is right, I jump with X and will make y throw.

Soulflarz

Banned
Can't dpad in Smash 3DS. You can for Wii Remote controls in Brawl, but those suck. The circle pad is very accurate and easy to smash with.

Also Bass is right, I jump with X and will make y throw.
How much customization do we have in the full thing? Complete?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The only thing you can't do is switch movement to dpad, aka wiiremote only mode from Brawl.

Every other button can be assigned. D-pad is reserved for taunts.

Basically you can swap any of the button functions, but you can't reassign them IE you will always have two jump buttons if you do what Man God is planning he'll swap throw with his second jump so L will now be jump and throw is now y. I may do the same thing depends on how it feels compared to L

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Basically you can swap any of the button functions, but you can't reassign them IE you will always have two jump buttons if you do what Man God is planning he'll swap throw with his second jump so L will now be jump and throw is now y. I may do the same thing depends on how it feels compared to L

Well let's look at it this way.

A, B, X are all vital buttons unless you really enjoy stick jumping, which makes up tilts incredibly hard to pull off consistently. Those buttons are reserved for Attack, Special Attack, and Jump. While you don't need a throw button (Shield+Attack will do the same thing) you do need easy access to shield, so put that on R. Y is basically perfect for the throw button, which is needed more than another jump button.

Well let's look at it this way.

A, B, X are all vital buttons unless you really enjoy stick jumping, which makes up tilts incredibly hard to pull off consistently. Those buttons are reserved for Attack, Special Attack, and Jump. While you don't need a throw button (Shield+Attack will do the same thing) you do need easy access to shield, so put that on R. Y is basically perfect for the throw button, which is needed more than another jump button.

But my finger on the l is separate from my finger which is needed for jump, attack, and special and I can theoretically react faster with it for grabs then I can reaching to y. A is my home button with me quickly sliding to x or b to jump/special, y is further away so it's really gonna depend on how I feel reaching for it to throw items or grab people. Using my left finger to hit L seems like it might be easier then reaching for y, need to play with it to find which is more natural to me

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Going to watch Clone Wars while I unlock stuff in Smash.

Clone Wars is a fantastic background show. I am slightly sad though that season 3 picks up dramatically on the episode TOONAMI ended on and has stayed good so far since then, but you'll see as the recap flows in.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It looks like Hellsing minus the entertainment.

How are you liking GBF ManGod?

Sei's mom is FIIIINE.

Also they raced for slips in episode one?

The use of color on this show is fantastic. Also it's easily the best toyetic show released since Pokémon. I suck at models but I want to get into GUN-PLAH!

Great use of English as well all over the place, and the Gundam fanservice is incredible, and I'm only on episode 2.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's downloading!

Also Red Zaku and a Gold SUMO in the second episode??? Shit I need this show to get a dub some day.

EDIT: OBVIOUS SWERVE ENDING.

tumblr_nbhsvr0etK1t5lg16o1_500.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
YEAH, GOT MY COPY OF SMASH & 30 STREET PASSES!!

*goes to bed due to having to wake up at 6 AM for taking sis to school, donating plasma, & then college classes*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom