• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
A question, does the regular convict chick with the short hair appear in this series?

I'm gonna be able to watch Toonami with you guys tonight!

Too bad I already finished Deadman Wonderland and got past episode 9 of Casshern. Still, I will love to watch these shows with all of you

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Hey all, first time on the crazy train. Tonight looking any good? :)

Not sure about Casshern...
Bleach looks like an easy episode to make fun of (that's the only reason we watch it)
Deadman Wonderland has a pretty big reveal. I'm going to stay silent about that.

Jacob

Does anyone know which week Cowboy Bebop will restart?

I've always wanted to watch it but I'm not starting 20 episodes in :p

Bebop only has six episodes left (including tonight's) out of a 26 episode run but I don't know if it's restarting after that or if they'll use the space for something else. Considering that it's Bebop, though, they'll probably keep it cycling through.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Funny... I think I'd be the only one to care about Bleach in this thread if I was actually up to the current episodes.

Even if you were up to date, there's no reason to care for these episodes. MAYBE in a month, when it goes back to canon and Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Bebop only has six episodes left (including tonight's) out of a 26 episode run but I don't know if it's restarting after that or if they'll use the space for something else. Considering that it's Bebop, though, they'll probably keep it cycling through.

Yeah, Bebop should end on August 11.

Of all the shows, Bebop is probably the most likely to simply start again from the beginning, though I believe that is also the week that Deadman Wonderland will be ending, so there might be a significant lineup shuffle right around then. (Maybe Inuyasha coming in to prep for Final Act?)

Or not.

Even if you were up to date, there's no reason to care for these episodes. MAYBE in a month,
when it goes back to canon and Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra.
a) I don't buy that "no reason to car" crap. It's Bleach, I want to watch it. It seems somewhat arrogant to say that.
b) Didn't we have this whole discussion already on canon/non-cannon?

Jacob

Yeah, Bebop should end on August 11.

Of all the shows, Bebop is probably the most likely to simply start again from the beginning, though I believe that is also the week that Deadman Wonderland will be ending, so there might be a significant lineup shuffle right around then. (Maybe Inuyasha coming in to prep for Final Act?)

Or not.

Yeah, DMW also has six episodes left. I think that it was mentioned last week that they're showing FLCL in DMW's time slot as a placeholder until they bring in a new show. I don't know what they plan to do with Bebop's slot, but 2:30 AM would be a pretty crappy time to shove a brand-new show into anyway.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
a) I don't buy that "no reason to car" crap. It's Bleach, I want to watch it. It seems somewhat arrogant to say that.
b) Didn't we have this whole discussion already on canon/non-cannon?

Are we really spoiler marking a fight that ALREADY STARTED some 35 episodes ago in the Adult Swim run? It's not my fault the anime literally cut out right in the midst of it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, DMW also has six episodes left. I think that it was mentioned last week that they're showing FLCL in DMW's time slot as a placeholder until they bring in a new show. I don't know what they plan to do with Bebop's slot, but 2:30 AM would be a pretty crappy time to shove a brand-new show into anyway.

FLCL is going in 2nd GIG's timeslot about a week or so before Bebop and Deadman Wonderland wrap up.

Nudull

Banned
Even if you were up to date, there's no reason to care for these episodes. MAYBE in a month, when it goes back to canon and Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra.

You know, seeing Bleach as a whole dip in quality like this is quite disheartening, especially since I fell off after the Rescue Rukia arc. I take the rest of the anime's canon won't ease this much?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
You know, seeing Bleach as a whole dip in quality like this is quite disheartening, especially since I fell off after the Rescue Rukia arc. I take the rest of the anime's canon won't ease this much?

*AizenTrollface.jpg*

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

The Bleach anime became so unpopular in Japan that it was being beaten in the ratings by anime shows broadcasting at 1:30 in the morning on cable and satellite stations, despite Bleach being in a prime time slot on network television. This lead to the anime being cancelled back in March prior to the start of the current (and final) manga arc. The manga's sales have also been sliding by an average of about a million copies a year over the last two or three years as well.

You can take that as an indication of whatever you'd like. Certainly popularity in no way directly or necessarily reflects quality as a general rule, but in this case there are pretty obvious reasons for such a massive dropoff.

It's a shame considering just how good the Soul Society Arc really was.

Presumably we'll see a "Bleach: Final Act" type scenario once the manga wraps things up. No way the rest doesn't get animated eventually. There are still plenty of Bleach fans out there even with the relative decline of the franchise. Hell, even the worst parts of this filler arc on Toonami has been drawing over 1 million viewers a night for its first run broadcasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom