• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Also the responses to my comment about the original anime homumculi are good, didnt think about some of those things.

I just remember being offput with the first homunculi death in brohood. Oh I guess you can beat them if you are mad enough.

No, you can beat them if you can force them to use up their philosopher stones' powers. They all have extra lives. Well, except Bradley, since his stone's regeneration powers were used up during the injection phase while he fought with it.

Not sure where you got the impression Mustang was angry, and you're the only person I know who hated Roy vs Lust :p

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
haven't paid attention, and it's been awhile since I saw 2nd GIG, but is this episode one long monologue?

Levyne

Banned
No, you can beat them if you can force them to use up their philosopher stones' powers. They all have extra lives. Well, except Bradley, since his stone's regeneration powers were used up during the injection phase while he fought with it.

Not sure where you got the impression Mustang was angry, and you're the only person I know who hated Roy vs Lust :p

I didnt hate it

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'd watch The Shuttle Episode again, but if it is that freaky episode, guess I'll stay up a little longer.

I like that Spike (who is almost unstoppable, most of the time) is out of his league against this guy, and it's blind luck he makes it out alive.

Jacob

I was weirded out by the Mad Pierrot episode when I first saw it and haven't revisited it since so I've been looking forward to this.

jph139

I'd generally criticize any block whose highlight is a decade-old show that's been rerun into the ground... but, I mean, you can't beat Bebop, y'know?

ezekial45

Banned
I remember that episode giving me nightmares the first time I saw it. Creepy stuff.

I was 13 when I first saw this series, and this episode in particular just blew me away. I couldn't believe my eyes just how violent, disturbing, and twisted this episode is.

Jacob

And yet somehow I'm still managing to watch this for the first time. :/

Congratulations! Bebop was one of the first anime I ever watched but I still have clear memories of my first run through the series. I think it's a bit overrated, but any show would be with the level of praise it gets. Still fantastic. Spike is a suave mofo and Pierrot still creeps me out.

Edit: hey, not a Junior anymore!

Cowboy Bebop is one of the only shows I can watch over and over again.

Adult Swim can show it over and over again and I'll probably still end up watching it somehow.

Ultratech

Dat air juggle.

Lucky for him that he HATES cats.

And of course, he survives an explosion point-blank and is filled to the gills with weapons.

What a perfectly structred opening. The great juaxtopision between the calm and collected Spike and his billards game, and the childlike glee of destruction with the Mad Pierrot. There's the palpable atmosphere and horror to it, the music is like nails on a chalkboard, with such wonderfully detailed, fluid animation for the fight sequence, bathed in shadows. And now we got some exposition that's delivered with actual character, broken up playful character interactions with the cast on the Bebop.

Jacob

I really love the setting of Space Land in this episode. It's so intricately constructed that it feels like a real theme park, despite being animated and set on Mars.

jph139

I really love the setting of Space Land in this episode. It's so intricately constructed that it feels like a real theme park, despite being animated and set on Mars.

It doesn't ever feel like a "creepy theme park" sort of setting, but it's still a really creepy sort of setting. Very well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom