• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing the bad guy backstory reveal in the midst of the action is an inspired choice, too.

And the actual scene here is wonderful. A collection of images and montages repeating, you get the feel of what it must have been like. That cat...that fuckin' cat with the two eyes ever staring.

The image of the bodies on the ground is more powerful and scarier then them showing us the violence.

Jacob

It doesn't ever feel like a "creepy theme park" sort of setting, but it's still a really creepy sort of setting. Very well done.

For me it feels more like a real theme park than an obviously creepy one. I think the creepiness derives from the absurd and horrifying events that take place in a recognizably "real" setting that the characters take seriously. I think it's much better that way than trying to make everything about the setting creepy, which easily descends into DMW-style self-parody.

That's my $0.02 on it, anyway.

Jacob

I enjoyed this episode a lot more than I thought I would based on my memories of it. It felt like a nightmare, not in a bad way, but in the way it was constructed with story, animation, and music. It felt like a nightmare that I might have. Mad Pierrot and everything he does -- especially the way he moves -- is a little out there even by Bebop standards but that's in keeping with how nightmarish he is. Truly a great horror episode.

Also, there is no way that this show was animated in 1998. It's barely aged at all. I just wish that they would include "The Real Folk Blues" in the Toonami broadcast. That song is the perfect conclusion to any Bebop episode.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

12:00 - Bleach - 261 - The Person with the Unknown Ability! Targeted Orihime
12:30 - Deadman Wonderland - 7 - Wretched Egg
1:00 - Casshern Sins - 7 - The Woman of the Tall Tower

1:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 38 - Conflict at Baschool
2:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - 23 - MARTIAL LAW
2:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 21 - Boogie Woogie Feng Shui

Jintor

Also, there is no way that this show was animated in 1998. It's barely aged at all. I just wish that they would include "The Real Folk Blues" in the Toonami broadcast. That song is the perfect conclusion to any Bebop episode.

They had it last week, which was kind of weird. Must have run undertime.

Oh shit, Boogie Woogie Feng Shui? Tears will flow.

Jacob

Thank you all for a wonderful evening of anime.

YICZ7.jpg

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
"Maybe this is finally it, the one I won't come back from..."

*silence*

"...Just playing with your head! (effortless Bloom voiceshift) Would you rescue me if it were true?"

Loved that delivery.

"It's Dangerous in here! LETS PLAY OUTSIDE!!!"

Bebop can be so quoteable. Not even going to mention next weeks until then, heh.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Your reactions didn't disappoint, GAF. Bravo. Glad the majority enjoyed the batshit crazy episode of Deadman Wonderland!

789shadow

Banned
I watched Brotherhood first and in a final analysis I prefer it, but that's mostly because I didn't care for how the original FMA ended (especially not the movie). But the first series definitely did a lot of things better, and up until the point where it diverges from the manga (if not later) it completely outclasses Brotherhood in every way. I really need to watch it again after seeing all the love it gets on GAF. It's been a while since I've seen either in their entirety.
What. That shit dragged on so fucking long.

Oh yes, and I was so excited to watch Deadman with you guys.

Line of storms on Friday night: Hey I'm gonna take down your phone, cable, and internet for 24 hours so fuck you.

:(

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Next week is gonna be funny..

Oh frank.., nvm I don't even want to post a DMWL spoiler.. They just might highlight it

hell... we know they would .. how could they resist the temptation of a DMWL spoiler?

Next week is gonna be funny..

Oh frank.., nvm I don't even want to post a DMWL spoiler.. They just might highlight it

hell... we know they would .. how could they resist the temptation of a DMWL spoiler?
It's been awhile but I THINK I know what part is coming up... yeah.

No comment.

Drago

Does anyone know which week Cowboy Bebop will restart?

I've always wanted to watch it but I'm not starting 20 episodes in :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom