• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly I liked Bleach a lot more when it was a Yu Yu Hakusho knockoff (what with the unlikely teenage punk fighting demons alongside unlikely allies). Then they added a bunch of lame characters and the plot meandered into nonsense and well here we are.

I mean, Chad and Uryu are pretty cool characters, y'know? But when's the last time they did anything?

To be fair Chad never does anything.

Even when he does...it's lame.

and then he promptly gets his ass kicked.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Frankly I liked Bleach a lot more when it was a Yu Yu Hakusho knockoff (what with the unlikely teenage punk fighting demons alongside unlikely allies). Then they added a bunch of lame characters and the plot meandered into nonsense and well here we are.

I mean, Chad and Uryu are pretty cool characters, y'know? But when's the last time they did anything?

Bleach really did hit its climax back at the soul society arc...

It does have other great moments scattered around later on, but that was the best arc top to bottom by far.

I really hate this filler arc more than any of the other Bleach filler arcs. It had filler episodes for Pete's sake. Filler episodes in a filler arc. Should have just ended when they killed that one bastard that was bringing swords to life.

ha I was just gonna ask if Chad ever stopped being the punching bag of the series.

I stopped with bleach really early but I would always laugh at how he was just there to get his ass kicked.

DY_nasty

To be fair Chad never does anything.

Even when he does...it's lame.

and then he promptly gets his ass kicked.

whoa

there was that time he punched dude so hard that the face of satan appeared on the wall that he punched him through

....then he .... yeah :(

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's still weird hearing Tom say "bitches".

Bleach has a enough of a stupidly large cast to have multiple jobbers.

Pretty much. It's way worse than DBZ when it comes to "dispose of everyone until the hero arrives".

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I really hate this filler arc more than any of the other Bleach filler arcs. It had filler episodes for Pete's sake. Filler episodes in a filler arc. Should have just ended when they killed that one bastard that was bringing swords to life.

What's weird is I thought the first half of this arc was, by Bleach standards, actually halfway decent compared to most of the other filler arcs. Still with a lot of stupid, but tolerably so. And then it proceeded to get even more stupid. And then it just kept going. And going. And going. And going...

Astral

What's weird is I thought the first half of this arc was, by Bleach standards, actually halfway decent compared to most of the other filler arcs. Still with a lot of stupid, but tolerably so. And then it proceeded to get even more stupid. And then it just kept going. And going. And going. And going...

Yeah I liked the Muramasa arc. It ended well too. Then they decided to pull this shit.

DY_nasty

Pretty much. It's way worse than DBZ when it comes to "dispose of everyone until the hero arrives".

well... i dont know

in dbz and naruto, its typically ONE guy killing all our dudes

in bleach, its typically a team v team thing with a final boss looming at the end

BatDan

"You mustn't feel too bad" Their presence is never going to matter again as this was a stupid filler arc.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I am SO GLAD we spent all of those preceding episodes with such worthwhile characters that will be forgotten 2 seconds into the arc.

BatDan

Next week: Did you forget what happened in canon? Don't worry, it's a 22 minute recap.

Bleh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom