• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ready for Toonami intake!

Bleach filler ends tonight. I imagine ratings will go up now that canon is returning next week. Quality though? HAHA no.

Amikami

Banned
Crap. I really don't know if I'll be able to catch it this weekend, at least not till the second showings which is so much duller without Gaf. It'll all depend.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ibvmVuj7KDZfFj.gif

Cranzor

I know I'm in the majority of disliking Bleach (in this thread at least). Why do you guys dislike it though? I just find the writing really boring and I thinks the art style and animation is really poor. I've only ever seen the filler episodes though so maybe my opinion will turn around.

Edit: Edited for clarity.

I know I'm not in the minority of disliking Bleach (in this thread at least). Why do you guys dislike it though? I just find the writing really boring and I thinks the art style and animation is really poor. I've only ever seen the filler episodes though so maybe my opinion will turn around.

Early Bleach was good but then they added too many characters and then the story went to shit.

That being said, I do enjoy the main cast a lot.

The english dub is kinda lifeless tho so to doesn;t help much

BatDan

I know I'm in the majority of disliking Bleach (in this thread at least). Why do you guys dislike it though? I just find the writing really boring and I thinks the art style and animation is really poor. I've only ever seen the filler episodes though so maybe my opinion will turn around.

Let's see:
Asspulls all over the place.
Too many characters, most with little development.
Kubo constantly reuses faces.
While this is a manga-only issue, but the lack of backgrounds is really bad. As well as the abuse of two-page spreads and all-black panels.

thetechkid

Main reason for disliking the anime: fillers in fillers of quality that matches and almost beats the legendary naruto fillers
Main reason for disliking the manga: 19/20 pages of white

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Early Bleach was good but then they added too many characters and then the story went to shit.

after seeing bleach start to finish... i gotta say its B shonen that gets hit with filler in the worst ways
So, all this filler was actually an original arc?

yeah all the filler is independent

Orayn

THE FILLER FIELD IS COLLAPSING! THE MAIN STORYLINE SEEMS TO BE INTRUDING INTO THE PLOT CONTINUUM!

ABORT! ABORT!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

The main cast is barely even in the show about 70% of the time, even when the series is in canon.

after seeing bleach start to finish... i gotta say its B shonen that gets hit with filler in the worst ways

yeah all the filler is independent

Yep. I like it more than Naruto. That series burned me bad.

The main cast is barely even in the show about 70% of the time, even when the series is in canon.

That is another problem especially since in the long run Ichigo is the only one worth a damn.

jph139

Frankly I liked Bleach a lot more when it was a Yu Yu Hakusho knockoff (what with the unlikely teenage punk fighting demons alongside unlikely allies). Then they added a bunch of lame characters and the plot meandered into nonsense and well here we are.

I mean, Chad and Uryu are pretty cool characters, y'know? But when's the last time they did anything?

Cranzor

Has anyone else noticed how common it is for this show to use really basic one-point perspective backgrounds? I've already seen it once in this episode. It's not necessarily bad but it's definitely noticeable.

BatDan

Frankly I liked Bleach a lot more when it was a Yu Yu Hakusho knockoff (what with the unlikely teenage punk fighting demons alongside unlikely allies). Then they added a bunch of lame characters and the plot meandered into nonsense and well here we are.

I mean, Chad and Uryu are pretty cool characters, y'know? But when's the last time they did anything?

Chad's only point these days is to get jobbed by everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom