• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
That was an alright opener, unfortunately is really is lacking in a substitute for Deadman Wonderland. I really needed that over the top fun to counterbalance god damned Casshern Sins.

yami4ct

So Green Haired Kenshin's got the same voice as Koenma from YuYu Hakusho, right? God, that makes me think Toonami desperately needs to get the HD remasters of YYH. It'd be SO perfect.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Oh, this is a show? I remember watching some of this back in 2005 or so and I thought it was a stand alone movie.

By the way, this Hit and Run movie looks horrible. I get annoyed every time I see a commercial for it, which is every commercial break on Adult Swim lately.

Astral

Alright so the main girl is Flint, the loli is Dot, and the big guy is the beetle. I wanna say the green haired guy is the ladybug just because of how androgynous he is. I don't know what to make of the guy in white. Maybe the stick bug thing.

I liked the first episode. Will definitely keep watching.
That's the spirit! From the few eps. I watched of Samurai 7, it's ok. Not amazingly amazing, but it isn't horrible.

TOONAMI can survive with average/ok shows. They don't need bad shows to derail the process like
Eureka 7

jph139

So now we get into the actual plot of Casshern if I'm not mistaken... though I overall prefer the more episodic first half.

ynot canoe
KILL #CASSHERN

DEVOUR #CASSHERN
I didn't find that episode boring at all.
Whoa, what?!
BLOOD

PURPLE TEARS

FLASH FORWARD??
Time for feels

NE IMA DOUUUUUUUUUJI

RINGO NO WHAT ARE YOU DOING BEFORE THE OP

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
KILL CASSHERN

HASHTAG CASSHERN
Ringo watching blood pour. Oh boy...
The fuck was that about
It usually is his fault actually.
5 seconds in and I want to snuff all life from the planet, oh Casshern Sins how I missed you.
So now we get into the actual plot of Casshern if I'm not mistaken... though I overall prefer the more episodic first half.
CASSHEEEWWWWWW!!

84018.jpg

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Everyone complaining about OP and ED cuts must forget that TV shows have set timeslots.

It might have been a bit of a slow start, but not a bad first ep. If I remember right, I think they skilled to something like Ep 3 when they had a preview with Newtype back in the day... so I was pretty prepared for a slow-burning start.

Man, after watching enough anime, you get used to slow starts. Loads of characters to set up, lots of backstory to place. Things take time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom