• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Oh I forgot this is the Friender ep.

You know even later on Friender and Casshern don't really like eachother IIRC...

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
so, is this like a grimmer, darker, unofficial MegaMan show?
Casshern basically inspired Megaman X, iirc.

Wikipedia:
The influence of Casshern can be seen in various video games. Starting with the third game, Mega Man featured a robotic hero with a dog as a partner which could transform into different vehicles. Continuing in the vein of Capcom influences, Mega Man Zero of the Gameboy Advance Mega Man spin-off franchise bears a strong resemblance to Casshern (of the reboot series) himself. The entirety of the Megaman X series story is closely based on Casshern. The design and background of its main antagonist, Sigma, also closely resembles Braiking Boss.

Kaizer

Banned
This show is really dark, sorta slow moving - but I like it for some reason. The art style, fight scenes and plot are intriguing.

Such good art, but the show is so grim and slow.

more lasers pls

and depressing. Don't forget depressing.

Let's have a drinking game, you take a shot when the name Casshern is said, I take a shot when someone smiles and is happy....

I won't drink for the whole show and you'll be dead before the 1st commercial break.

Azure J

Let's have a drinking game, you take a shot when the name Casshern is said, I take a shot when someone smiles and is happy....

I won't drink for the whole show and you'll be dead before the 1st commercial break.

Hard/lethal mode would be taking a shot every time someone literally missed happiness by one decision.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm going to take a shot for every bleep in DMW and every Casshern in CS. I'm not planning on making it to July.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Or it could be, they actually cared how the animation looked back then.

Nah, this show is HD and slick and puts most contemporary anime to shame.

This show, Casshern Sins, is basically a gritty reboot of a much friendlier 70s anime (Casshan.)

Let's have a drinking game, you take a shot when the name Casshern is said, I take a shot when someone smiles and is happy.

That's my secret, Frankman...I'm always drinking.

Also, Dave Thomas lied. I was led to believe his daughter was a dime!

Hard/lethal mode would be taking a shot every time someone literally missed happiness by one decision.
This thread... this thread... oh man... I can't wait to see what people post =D
That's my secret, Frankman...I'm always drinking.

Also, Dave Thomas lied. I was led to believe his daughter was a dime!
ip48Z.gif

GOD I LOVE YOU PEOPLE

I hope we get some new TOM stuff.

If every week it's only one new thing that's kinda a bummer. I want to know what TOM thinks of video games!

If every week it's only one new thing that's kinda a bummer. I want to know what TOM thinks of video games!
T.O.M is a fucking sellout. Moltar should demand his job back after T.O.M had the nerve to give I Am Alive 8/10.

EIGHT OUT OF TEN

T.O.M is a casual...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

I'd be more than happy with one new thing a week. Asking for more is asking for the block to be cancelled for going over budget.
KuGsj.gif

:(

For some reason I fear the block will fall into not having any new content for long stretches of time.

This is some heavy stuff already in the second episode. I'm loving the subject matter here, and seeing robots wonder about the meaning of life and death is pretty captivating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom