• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
I like that even the episode titles are depressing.

1. At the End of the World
2. A World Replete With Death Throes
3. To the Ends of Agony

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
man, Casshern, that's fucked up

What in THEE fuck

Anime, niggas
KuGsj.gif

this made me laugh really really hard

... I dunno but I feel like listening to some Linkin Park. And I don't mean current Linkin Park either.

NO! Must stop watching Casshern so I can watch more DEADMAN WONDERLAND and compare it to the manga!

Jintor

Where are we up to in FMA? Let's see... last ep was the general talking with Mustang and implied threats from Bradley...

Ultratech

So reading up on the origins of Casshern, and it's totally different than Sins...

Kinda turns a bunch of plot points on its head completely.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
...they are showing Casshern Sins of all things in Toonami? Since when was Toonami a repository for emo cut my veins bullcrap?

At least the Umakoshi sakuga is worth the bother.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Motherfuckers chose the wrong Umakoshi cartoon. They should have gone with Heartcatch Precure. Shit's manly as fuck. :I

edit: Golden Time Lover is the best FMAB OP.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
...they are showing Casshern Sins of all things in Toonami? Since when was Toonami a repository for emo cut my veins bullcrap?

Since Toonami came back on a shoestring budget and they jsut got whatever they could.

Also probably why all their shows are up on Youtube. Still probably going to Toonami all of them except maybe FMA, since i don't want to come into that show so late into the run.

Is Brotherhood the better series, or the original?

Dresden

Motherfuckers chose the wrong Umakoshi cartoon. They should have gone with Heartcatch Precure. Shit's manly as fuck. :I

Sorry, only depressing manly shit in Toonami, Haatocatch is too frilly.

captmcblack said:
So do I have bad taste if I liked the original, less manga-authentic version of the FMA series over this one?
Original content is better than the manga and Brohood, so I wouldn't worry about it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Oh it's the beginning of this arc... I remember there being some pretty good parts in this one.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Since Toonami came back on a shoestring budget and they jsut got whatever they could.

Also probably why all their shows are up on Youtube. Still probably going to Toonami all of them except maybe FMA, since i don't want to come into that show so late into the run.

The original is better until they meet up with Greed. Then go with Brotherhood. Not that the ending of Brotherhood isn't stupid as shit too.

Darryl

Banned
really enjoying deadman wonderland. i would be hating casshern sins if the comments in this thread weren't making it so depressingly hilarious

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Sorry, only depressing manly shit in Toonami, Haatocatch is too frilly.
Casshern Sins is a lot of things, but manly is not one of them.

Also fuck you, Itsuki is the manliest precure evar. And she's a lady.

Actually, fuck all that, they should air the idolm@ster for the lulz. I'd be lady!

Azure J

Man things really got crazy in this arc. Also I really really love the music in Brotherhood's OST.

So do I have bad taste if I liked the original, less manga-authentic version of the FMA series over this one?

Nah, I like em both about the same, but depending on the day I could go either way with the two series. :p

@Regulus - Your post is just making me think they should go full hog and get something to fill that Sailor Moon like niche if they can't get rights to air it over here anymore. :lol

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Pfft. Night of the Chimera's Cry is better than anything else FMA related ever.

(Disclaimer: I really don't know all THAT much about FMA. But that episode made me cry manly tears.)

Dresden

Casshern is a lot of things, but manly is not one of them.

Also fuck you, Itsuki is the manliest precure evar. And she's a lady.

Actually, fuck all that, they should air the idolm@ster for the lulz. I'd be lady!

skirts = not manly

shallow angsty writing that goes nowhere = uber manly

also Idolmaster ep8 would make men out of boys.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Depends on what you like. IMO they're both top-tier quality. Brotherhood is a great shonen series and stuff moves along quickly and has great characters and development even if it never really dwells on an idea for too long. The original anime is much darker and more "realistic"/true-to-life with the focus on the Ishbalan War and the mirror to our own Middle East. It also presents a lot of interesting philosophical notions -- I mean, as much as an anime can be expected to of course. Still, that keeps it interesting and gives the anime its own entire distinct taste, whereas Brotherhood ends up feeling a bit bland and more like a typical shonen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom