• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
The aftermath:

tumblr_mfnyycSH931rn2dono2_500.jpg

lol, nice knowing you Vic

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Dec. 22 2012 Ratings:

12:00 AM - Bleach - 1,042,000 viewers
12:30 AM - Naruto - 1,144,000 viewers
1:00 AM - Thundercats - 1,005,000 viewers
1:30 AM - Samurai 7 - 913,000 viewers
2:00 AM - Sym-Bionic Titan - 828,000 viewers
2:30 AM - Eureka Seven - 682,000 viewers
3:00 AM - Tenchi Muyo! GXP - 586,000 viewers
3:30 AM - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 504,000 viewers
4:00 AM - Cowboy Bebop - 523,000 viewers
4:30 AM - Cowboy Bebop - 524,000 viewers
5:00 AM - InuYasha - 548,000 viewers
5:30 AM - InuYasha - 527,000 viewers

Wow, the ratings really went up. It's going to be insane when Bleach comes back from reruns. Titan should be higher up in the schedule, S7 sucking and the 2am slot really sucks for it.

Also, the Supernova Megamix is awesome.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Big drop from Titan to Eureka. That seems to be where the audience that's there to watch new stuff checks out. Seems about 500k is the standard core audience, and the five new slots up front are at least a couple hundred thousand over the core audience.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Big drop from Titan to Eureka. That seems to be where the audience that's there to watch new stuff checks out. Seems about 500k is the standard core audience, and the five new slots up front are at least a couple hundred thousand over the core audience.

From the looks of it a lot of people just go to bed or tune out when Samurai 7 hits. We'd probably see stronger Titan numbers if the spots got switched.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Wow, nice ratings boost. I imagine even bigger things once new Bleach episodes return.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wonder what will replace S7 once the show is done.

Dunno, they said they already know though. There's a lot of good stuff to choose from. Some want DRRR or Baccano but after thinking about it I'd really love for it to be LEVEL E. It's an amazing thing to watch with a group of friends, especially if no one has seen it before. I think we'd all flip our collective shit if we watched it.

Mature

Dunno, they said they already know though. There's a lot of good stuff to choose from. Some want DRRR or Baccano but after thinking about it I'd really love for it to be LEVEL E. It's an amazing thing to watch with a group of friends, especially if no one has seen it before. I think we'd all flip our collective shit if we watched it.
Damn that would be awesome. A newer show in general is something I'd like to see.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
3 shows over a million is good, right?

VERY good. Until the last two weeks I can't really recall any show other than Bleach that could be relied upon for a million or more on anything resembling a regular basis, but Naruto and Thundercats seem to be stuck right up there either close to or over the million mark. Late December is also traditionally a low point for the block on a year-to-year basis, too.

Cranzor

The Supernova Megamix is incredible, I've been listening to it a ton. Definitely check it out if you haven't listened to it yet.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Just finished Seven Samurai (the film). Wow, one hell of a movie.
I can understand some uncultured people not liking it, a lot of the tropes it established have been used endlessly since, so people could take it for granted.
What the hell was GONZO thinking when they said "Let's take that movie and Steampunk the fuck out of it! Same characters and everything!"

From the looks of it a lot of people just go to bed or tune out when Samurai 7 hits. We'd probably see stronger Titan numbers if the spots got switched.

probably. i'd imagine people feel the need to see the other episodes of Samurai 7 to get the full idea of what's happening, those as far as some shows go it's not particularly difficult to follow. moving it three times didn't help, either.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Jesus, they really stumbled upon a ratings trinity there. I wonder if this is going to greenlight a new season of Thundercats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom