• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool stuff man

Thanks. :)

Aww yeah. ASSauLTxMasTER always delivers.

Got that right. :p

Here's the Final Banner that I could create, I used the Tumblr background as a reference : ( No Hashtag, Adjusted Text Gradients, and More detail on the whole thing. )

GfF7K.jpg

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Is there a way to capture Vita footage now? I want to see TOM do a review of Persona 4 Golden.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Surprisingly you can buy modified 3DS's with video out:

sEAyl.jpg

Anyways, I went ahead and spoiled the hell out of Naruto for myself. I mean I had been semi-following it since it hit Toonami years ago but now I know all that stuff about Itachi, Minato, Pain, etc. It's actually really interesting. I went ahead and watched a couple eps of Shippuden over the weekend (Sasuke vs. the Five Kages) and it was, um, really good. Like really good! I dunno but people always lopped it in with Bleach but it's not nearly that bad at all. In fact the quality difference is startling.

Actually, I only started looking into that stuff since I was bored and started marathoning Rock Lee and His Ninja Pals on Crunchyroll. It's both a gateway drug to the main series and crack. Seriously one of the funniest things I've ever watched.

tumblr_mf9pd5KErd1rzp6xoo2_500.png

tumblr_inline_mfzd14jr0y1r7ki9u.png

tumblr_mfwu7hq5Sb1rel3pbo1_500.gif

tumblr_mfzvkgCmvp1ray29no1_500.gif

tumblr_mg0smmnJOr1qg18iuo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mg0srp1LhF1qi2q8jo1_r2_500.gif

tumblr_mg0x4ueTZR1qgb3d4o1_500.gif

tumblr_mg2bx7BeOu1rm9ugso1_500.gif

tumblr_mg66tmxHsM1qi2q8jo2_r1_500.gif

tumblr_mg6ieay6T71rfpw7uo1_500.png

tumblr_mg83x8Ji001r61g60o1_500.gif

tumblr_mfy1xuXKKR1rk7071o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mfw6smj8iu1rzzywno2_500.jpg

tumblr_mfuj3dA4gc1r6o3kvo1_500.jpg

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The Sasuke stuff is annoying as hell, but it's still better than Bleach. Marathoning makes almost everything better.

789shadow

Banned
Shippuden also throws out anything that the first series had going for it. Every side character disappears and all the themes from part 1 are completely contradicted.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I dunno he got pounded hard (lol) in the eps I watched. Expected him to wreck everybody but he still has limits even with two Mango Sherrytemples and O Suzanna.

Did you see Danzo's arm yet? That was pure BS. Also the fainting, oh god he fainted. But yea its not that bad when it's focused on Naruto.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I also liked that Gaara is
a smooth ass Kazekage now
. One of my favorite chars now lol.

Of course, Lee has always been my favorite (even before he got his own spinoff.) /hipster

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Did you see Danzo's arm yet? That was pure BS. Also the fainting, oh god he fainted. But yea its not that bad when it's focused on Naruto.

I just looked it up, oh God what.
KuGsj.gif

But from a high level, I like the story. I also like that Naruto's transformations isn't just infinite power level/Super Saiyan BS but kinda has a reasonable explanation.

Also the eighth OP is dope as hell. :bow Nico Touches the Wall :bow2

ibsa3l5wvI9tG9.gif

ipbpR35UCagmf.gif

ibpYDxKg8X3YcB.gif

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Sasuke: Sharingan Chronicles is a 100% accurate title for Shippuden.

I can understand the frustration on focusing on a character you're not crazy about, but at least stuff happens it seems like (non filler hell, lol.) With Bleach the "fights" are like 50% stare contests, 30% overly long explanations of things that just happened, 10% wacky humor, 5% reaction shots, and 5% actual fighting.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I can understand the frustration on focusing on a character you're not crazy about, but at least stuff happens it seems like (non filler hell, lol.) With Bleach the "fights" are like 50% stare contests, 30% overly long explanations of things that just happened, 10% wacky humor, 5% reaction shots, and 5% actual fighting.

100% music that is way too good for something as bad as bleach.

Moaradin

I watched Shippuden up to 140 and I thought it was pretty good. Sasuke wasn't really the focus up to that part either, but I don't know how much he is later. All the characters had their own little arcs from what I remember.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I watched Shippuden up to 140 and I thought it was pretty good. Sasuke wasn't really the focus up to that part either, but I don't know how much he is later. All the characters had their own little arcs from what I remember.

Even Shikamaru of all people, if the fourth opening is anything to go by.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Anyways, I went ahead and spoiled the hell out of Naruto for myself. I mean I had been semi-following it since it hit Toonami years ago but now I know all that stuff about Itachi, Minato, Pain, etc. It's actually really interesting. I went ahead and watched a couple eps of Shippuden over the weekend (Sasuke vs. the Five Kages) and it was, um, really good. Like really good! I dunno but people always lopped it in with Bleach but it's not nearly that bad at all. In fact the quality difference is startling.
It's Kishimoto's execution of his bullshit that's really the issue. Reading the synopsis and actually seeing it happen are two COMPLETELY different experiences. :D

Also, the Naruto anime occasionally has some absolutely fantastic episodes with GREAT animation and badass complex fights. They're rare, but when they do show up they're really good. By comparison, Bleach very rarely has great animation (Ichigo vs. Grimmjow, parts of Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra, for example) and almost never has particularly strategic or complicated fights.

Shikamaru is THE best character in the series. By an absolutely massive margin.

Seda

I've watched up to 153 (the latest episode dubbed) and I've liked it. (spoilers)
(This is the point where they have to figure out Jiraiya's secret message.)

I'm not spoiled too much, (spoilers)
I have no idea what Pein is. He looks like one of Jiraiya's former pupils, but theres like six of him, but he has the other pupil's eyes?

Oh yeah, and Shikamaru is awesome.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Shikamaru is Batman. King of Prep Time. He is the
Superior Spider-Man
. Also welcome back, you missed a lot of rage.

I've watched up to 153 (the latest episode dubbed) and I've liked it. (spoilers)
(This is the point where they have to figure out Jiraiya's secret message.)

I'm not spoiled too much, (spoilers)
I have no idea what Pein is. (]He looks like one of Jiraiya's former pupils, but theres like six of him, but he has the other pupil's eyes?

Oh god the part you are up to is easily one of the strongest parts of part 2. So good. I wish the rest was a strong as that.

It is too early in the morning for pokemon, bleach, and naruto!
Welcome back Andrex. Have you been enjoying your hot pockets? I don't know if your were lurking, but the reactions to the last Thundercats episode were pretty damn funny
KuGsj.gif

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It's because the terrible tracks blend into the background and you forget them while the awesome Spanish tracks stay in your mind.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Also I always thought Bleach had terrible animation, it reminded me of old Pokemon eps in how cheap it looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom