• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drago

If you guys were to guess, how do you think One Piece would do in ratings?

I think it could be another million rater for Toonami if scheduled correctly. It's gonna be exciting when Bleach goes out of rerun mode and S7 is replaced.

I think it could be another million rater for Toonami if scheduled correctly. It's gonna be exciting when Bleach goes out of rerun mode and S7 is replaced.

It might actually do good. I kinda like it. If they have Bleach, Naruto, and that, they'd have some pretty good ratings and long shows.

Just as long as I don't see this happen again :

8571dc491e85f8566765.png

Moaradin

I dunno, One Piece starts off pretty slow. It would probably need 2 slots at least.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Also, when watching Shippuden, I had to LOL whenever I saw Sai. Heck, I'm chuckling thinking about him right now. If Sasuke is emo, Sai is straight up goth.

Like, couldn't they have made a more convincing replacement than someone who's basically the original, except even more stoic? What's the point? Why not use one of the bajillion more interesting characters you've already created?

At first, when I was watching Rock Lee I thought it actually was Sasuke, just a new outfit.
KuGsj.gif

Moaradin

Also, when watching Shippuden, I had to LOL whenever I saw Sai. Heck, I'm chuckling thinking about him right now. If Sasuke is emo, Sai is straight up goth.

Like, couldn't they have made a more convincing replacement than someone who's basically the original, except even more stoic? What's the point? Why not use one of the bajillion more interesting characters you've already created?

At first, when I was watching Rock Lee I thought it actually was Sasuke, just a new outfit.
KuGsj.gif

That guy was so fucking lame. I honestly don't even remember if he did anything useful. Actually forgot he existed until just now. What a forgettable character.

They need to put Shikamaru and/or Rock Lee in Naruto's group.

Heh heh, from an old bump, here's all of the anime Adult Swim has ever played :

03e3ba4dff401c6fd859.png

Just for anyone who's curious. ;)

I don't recall Kenshin ever airing on AS, just Toonami. Maybe I'm mistaken. The date given is the day it debuted on Toonami, at any rate.

That's also missing some shows. Off the top of my head, Yu Yu Hakusho, Outlaw Star, Mobile Suit Gundam, Gundam 0080, and Gundam 0083. Probably some other stuff I'm forgetting.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I don't remember anything called Moribito.

AS generally has had good taste, but Reign, Witch hunter Robin, Wolf's Rain, Milk Chan, Trinity Blood, and Blood+ (especially Blood+) were all unfortunate misses. I don't remember watching Kikaider, Blue Gender, Gigantor or Astroboy on AS and I used to watch AS pretty much every night until about 2009.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I dunno, One Piece starts off pretty slow. It would probably need 2 slots at least.

I know I've said it multiple times, but they should use my idea. If Adult Swim is willing to sacrifice one of their weekday shows (right now it's an hour of King of the Hill, American Dad, and Family Guy) and give the next 20 or so weeks to One Piece, they can catch up to around Episode 206 and start where Funimation Season 4 starts.

It might actually do good. I kinda like it. If they have Bleach, Naruto, and that, they'd have some pretty good ratings and long shows.

Just as long as I don't see this happen again :

8571dc491e85f8566765.png

Don't worry, Funimation is completely uncut.
Odd you chose that picture, there's far worse 4Kids edits out there.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
That guy was so fucking lame. I honestly don't even remember if he did anything useful. Actually forgot he existed until just now. What a forgettable character.

They need to put Shikamaru and/or Rock Lee in Naruto's group.

I agree so much it hurts. Character death spoiler I heard about:
Besides, Lee's team is down one anyways. They should merge teams or something, not like Tenten is useful anyways.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

AS generally has had good taste, but Reign, Witch hunter Robin, Wolf's Rain, Milk Chan, Trinity Blood, and Blood+ (especially Blood+) were all unfortunate misses. I don't remember watching Kikaider, Blue Gender, Gigantor or Astroboy on AS and I used to watch AS pretty much every night until about 2009.

Moribito is straight up awesome. Gotta watch it dude, it's on Hulu and probably Netflix.

I only saw one episode of Moribito. It seems to get a lot of praise from some people, though.

Witch Hunter Robin, Kikaider and Blue Gender were all really good shows. I loved that era of Adult Swim.

The less said about Reign and Trinity Bland, the better.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Moribito is fucking great. It's an Asian-style fantasy show based on a series of light novels about a badass spearwoman who ends up protecting a young prince who is apparently possessed by some kind of spirit (and the prince manages to NOT be a stereotypical annoying anime kid). Also, it's by the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex director and team. Did I mention that?

Wolf's Rain is also a really great series.

As for that bump with "all of Adult Swim's anime" shows pre-Toonami revival, Rurouni Kenshin, to my knowledge, was never on Adult Swim. It started on Toonami and moved to the SVES or whatever the hell that Saturday block was called. (It also inexplicably shows Big O beginning before Adult Swim existed, which, well, it DID debut on Toonami, but still kind of weird. Cowboy Bebop debuted on the inaugural Adult Swim lineup.)

That list is also missing Neon Genesis Evangelion, Voltron, and the other shows previously mentioned (YYH, Outlaw Star, the various Gundams).

And, of course, that's not counting the movies and OVAs. If you add those, then you also get:

Bleach movies 1 + 2
Inuyasha movies 1-4
Cowboy Bebop: The Movie
Escaflowne
Metropolis
The Animatrix
Read or Die
Kakurenbo
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack

~800K, I don't think it will put up bleach or naruto numbers

I don't recall Kenshin ever airing on AS, just Toonami. Maybe I'm mistaken. The date given is the day it debuted on Toonami, at any rate.

That's also missing some shows. Off the top of my head, Yu Yu Hakusho, Outlaw Star, Mobile Suit Gundam, Gundam 0080, and Gundam 0083. Probably some other stuff I'm forgetting.

The bump was old. There always will be a chance they'd miss some shows.

I know I've said it multiple times, but they should use my idea. If Adult Swim is willing to sacrifice one of their weekday shows (right now it's an hour of King of the Hill, American Dad, and Family Guy) and give the next 20 or so weeks to One Piece, they can catch up to around Episode 206 and start where Funimation Season 4 starts.

Don't worry, Funimation is completely uncut.
Odd you chose that picture, there's far worse 4Kids edits out there.

Oh yes, i've seen the far worse 4Kids edits. * cough * Another Gun Example :

0f5b3c9acc7af286063c.png

4949d2e96e033a22466e.png

I'm still in shock from forcing myself to watch the 4kids dub. Back then I think I just tried to block out the unnecessary censorship and terrible voice acting but now I see the light.

Marginally Toonami-related, but I'm marathoning through GitS: SAC (never watched this before, I know, what's wrong with me) and just to make sure - after 2nd GIG, all I have left is Soild State Society? The other things like Individual Eleven and Laughing Man are just the parts of those seasons related to the main plot, right?

Also, SAC's soundtracks are amazing.

Marginally Toonami-related, but I'm marathoning through GitS: SAC (never watched this before, I know, what's wrong with me) and just to make sure - after 2nd GIG, all I have left is Soild State Society? The other things like Individual Eleven and Laughing Man are just the parts of those seasons related to the main plot, right?

Right

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Correct.

Ah, here ya go ToonamiGAF, I hope I got accurate dates ( Naruto & Bleach not included cause of problems. )( Cowboy Bebop & Inuyasha may Rerun. )( I just forgot FMA:B) :

0Y7K5.jpg

Now, I go work on my lineup.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Needs moar shonen. Ideal+realistic schedule:

12 Bleach
12.5 Naruto
1 One Piece
1.5 One Piece
2 Sym-Bionic Titan
2.5 Eureka 7
3 Baccano
3.5 Yu Yu Hakasho
4 Rurouni Kenshin
4.5 Durarara!!
5 InuYasha
5.5 InuYasha

Drago

Does the Persona 4 animation spoil the game? I havent played P4 yet and probably won't until I get a Vita sometime this year (hopefully summer)

If it doesn't then I wouldn't mind it on Toonami. Sorta holding out hope for One Piece though. It has history with Toonami (albeit a 4Kids plagued one) and it would mean Toonami is home to all of the big 3 shonen, plus it's apparently cheap and Funi really wants it on TV (this thread being the source :p). Only real problems I see is getting around scheduling and the insane episode count

BatDan

Does the Persona 4 animation spoil the game? I havent played P4 yet and probably won't until I get a Vita sometime this year (hopefully summer)

If it doesn't then I wouldn't mind it on Toonami. Sorta holding out hope for One Piece though. It has history with Toonami (albeit a 4Kids plagued one) and it would mean Toonami is home to all of the big 3 shonen, plus it's apparently cheap and Funi really wants it on TV (this thread being the source :p). Only real problems I see is getting around scheduling and the insane episode count

It spoils the entire game. In fact, a couple parts rely on people knowing about the game to understand it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Well, the big three kinda includes DB, but yeah, that ain't happening anytime soon. :p

Seda

I'm finding Samurai 7 to be enjoyable enough. Not a great show, but I want to know what happens and whatnot. I've said this before.

BatDan

I'm finding Samurai 7 to be enjoyable enough. Not a great show, but I want to know what happens and whatnot. I've said this before.

The stuff that follows the movie is great. Everything after Episode 16 (where the movie ends) is bleh.
Sabat is amazing as Kikuchiyo though.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

werent the gundams midnight run shows? if so, thats just toonami.

interesting to note that if they replace Sym-Bionic Titan with FLCL, it'll end the same day as Thundercats and open an hour-long space in the block.

i imagine Titan will take up at least one of Bebop's slots. InuYasha probably won't move, and whether Bebop actually restarts remains to be seen. i don't think it's out of the question for Tenchi GXP to switch places with Eureka Seven, either.

Seda

I put Mr. Master's image at the tail of the OT for easy reference if you guys wonder when the shows are ending over the next few weeks.

I put Mr. Master's image at the tail of the OT for easy reference if you guys wonder when the shows are ending over the next few weeks.

Woo, thank you sir.

You should do the next OT.

I wish. I'd be sooo busy to update it though. I'll see ;)

interesting to note that if they replace Sym-Bionic Titan with FLCL, it'll end the same day as Thundercats and open an hour-long space in the block.

i imagine Titan will take up at least one of Bebop's slots. InuYasha probably won't move, and whether Bebop actually restarts remains to be seen. i don't think it's out of the question for Tenchi GXP to switch places with Eureka Seven, either.

You know, by looking at this, that's actually a good idea. If you put it like that, it would open an hour-long spot and those shows might be moved like that.

I believe so, yes. My understanding is the latter two are basically just plot summaries, and not actually new content. As for anime marathons, I'm currently plowing through Steins;Gate. Best anime I've seen in a long time.

Yes. Yes they are. I imported all three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom