• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well hey there, it was awkward to not see Metatron's post on the last page of the thread.

I've thought of launching a facebook page, so if i'm not on here presenting Toonami-related stuff or even ToonamiGAF-related stuff, you can catch it on here :

http://www.facebook.com/assaultz1

If you wanna request like some titlecard or something, i'll see what I can do about it. :)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hmm, by April 6 we'll be done with S7 and Thundercats, and the new fantastic Bleach opening kicks in... With some good new shows to fill the empty spaces (plus SBT's :( ), hopefully we'll see a rebirth in quality for the block.

Cause, uh, right now... The only two shows I look forward to each week are crammed into the 2-3 death slot.

Although, I am enjoying Naruto on a mocking/nostalgic level, and it helps I'm now going through Shippuden.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hmm, by April 6 we'll be done with S7 and Thundercats, and the new fantastic Bleach opening kicks in... With some good new shows to fill the empty spaces (plus SBT's :( ), hopefully we'll see a rebirth in quality for the block.

Cause, uh, right now... The only two shows I look forward to each week are crammed into the 2-3 death slot.

Although, I am enjoying Naruto on a mocking/nostalgic level, and it helps I'm now going through Shippuden.

Yea, I've got the same problem. TCats is good on a "lets see how bad it can get for Lion-O" level and Bleach is fun to mock. Naruto's about to get good so there's that. But yea I hope they do get some good replacements. I wouldn't complain if Titan went through another airing though.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning Toonami-GAF. Even though it's after one in the afternoon.

Yeah, at this point ThunderCats is now "let's see how we can beat up Lion-O this week". Tygra and Cheetara become jerks and Panthro is an idiot. Sad how the Kittens are the likeable ones, isn't it? So much wasted potential, I don't really want Season 2 now. Titan on the other hand... damn you Cartoon Network.

Samurai 7 will be the first to end, with four more episodes remaining. Titan will end the week after, but I suspect they'll rerun it since it's a Cartoon Network original. Probably replace one of the Cowboy Bebop episodes. Do we really need two? At least Inuyasha has the excuse of 167 episodes.

Oh and Bleach returns in two weeks. Next week though is boring-ass monologues from Skull Knight.

Speaking of Cartoon Network, that Adventure Time game is pretty good.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
"Come" (lol) is the best InuYasha ending theme, and by a large margin, although most of the rest are indeed top-tier. But Come is just on another level.

I love Come.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I always prove my nerdiness whenever I bring up that ending because I'm all "But if it's the full moon, InuYasha's hair shouldn't be white!!!"

I do agree about the Ferris Wheel. But I like the video for Come more overall. The rest of the first ending... it's hard to differentiate from nostalgia. :p

i always thought Kikyo standing in the water was pretty cool, too, though not necessarily better than everything in the Come ending.

as for the songs, i'm using the "would this go on my iPod" test :p

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I always prove my nerdiness whenever I bring up that ending because I'm all "But if it's the full moon, InuYasha's hair shouldn't be white!!!"

I do agree about the Ferris Wheel. But I like the video for Come more overall. The rest of the first ending... it's hard to differentiate from nostalgia. :p

Inuyasha's hair is black on the NEW moon, not the full moon.

Oh snap, you got out nerded.

What if they're Come lovers too?
Then they'd be like New England QB Tom Brady:

bradybutters.gif

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
He may be a dick, but, he isn't incompetent and treats everyone else marginally better then Renton.

marginally? noone has to worry about holland rolling up and kicking their shit in. dollars to donuts if renton came after holland with a bat and proceeded to fuck his shit up, they would dive in to save his moronic ass.

The Major is nowhere near sexy enough, no sale.

MajorMotokoKusanagiGhostintheShell.png

well, she WAS androgynous as hell in the original movie

anyways, to keep this from veering off topic, i'll be shocked if they don't acquire this as soon as it's available. they were able to get extra money for Naruto, and considering how successful this series has been for Adult Swim i don't see any reason this would be different

ezekial45

Banned
I do wish that they'd start playing some movies. Though I wonder if that'll ever happen because of their need to clear through the schedule. Maybe in between the switch over of some shows and a temporary re-schedule? I mean, they have six hours to work with.

Seda

I do wish that they'd start playing some movies. Though I wonder if that'll ever happen because of their need to clear through the schedule. Maybe in between the switch over of some shows and a temporary re-schedule? I mean, they have six hours to work with.

I'd love to see them air movies occasionally as well, but that might be way expensive.

Have they ever answered a tumblr question about this?

EDIT: Never mind then, sounds good.

BatDan

How about some of those direct-to-DVD DC Animated movies? There's a lot of them, that could make for a good month.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm against the idea of movie night. That's a night Bleach, Naruto, and InuYasha won't be able to crawl forward slightly.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm against the idea of movie night. That's a night Bleach, Naruto, and InuYasha won't be able to crawl forward slightly.

This is a problem. Maybe show Bleach and Naruto first and then the movie then back to the regular schedule.

Mask of the Phantasm or Return of the Joker.

Those too. Subzero was also good and Mystery of the Batwoman. There are also some good Justice League movies out and some Superman movies coming.

BatDan

Let's have some nights where we don't relentlessly mock a good chunk of the programming and actually enjoy what we're watching.

Mask of the Phantasm or Return of the Joker.

They could show the uncut version of the latter.

There's also the two Superman/Batman movies, All-Star Superman, Superman vs. the Elite, Batman: Year One, and others.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Let's have some nights where we don't relentlessly mock a good chunk of the programming and actually enjoy what we're watching.

They could show the uncut version of the latter.

There's also the two Superman/Batman movies, All-Star Superman, Superman vs. the Elite, Batman: Year One, and others.

Wait, All Star Superman is a movie?!

Justice League: Doom is, i think, far and away the best choice for a movie (even though i don't particularly like it, or any of the DC original movies except Under the Red Hood) because of its ties to the old series that Toonami aired. it was written by Dwayne McDuffie, who was involved with something like 69 of the 91 episodes. the voice cast for Batman, Flash (though it's Barry Allen instead), Wonder Woman, and Martian Manhunter all return, with the guy who voiced Vandal Savage also returning and Superman being voiced by Tim Daly (who voiced him in the original series; George Newbern was the voice for Justice League). Cyborg is here instead of Hawkgirl, and Hal Jordan (voiced by Nathan Fillion) is the Green Lantern instead of John Stewart

also, the character design is done by the guy who works on Young Justice, which i think is a very likely pick-up down the road. not to mention the movie will only be about a year old, and Toonami showed Superman: Doomsday way back when.

i think they should avoid showing something that's already been on TV before, like Return of the Joker (yes, even the uncut version was on TV; i think all of the Batman movies have been on CN at one time or another). airing a One Piece movie without actually having One Piece is, no offense, a terrible idea. i think they'd be better off running some stand-alone movies instead of something that relies on your knowledge of a show; if they just show a Bleach or InuYasha movie i'll be sorely disappointed, but if they do decide to go with that i hope they realize that one Fullmetal Alchemist movie is complete nonsense to peope unfamiliar with the series.

Jintor

I hope to see something completely new, but I can't think of an action anime film I would watch

If I had my way I would put 5cm p/second or Wolf Children on there and break some fucking hearts.

But, otherwise, Summer Wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom