• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
I actually enjoyed 2 of the Bleach movies. Didn't really like DiamondDust Rebellion and haven't seen Hell Verse yet.

Memories of Nobody was my favorite though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
And now it is time to turn on the Toonami Megamix and drive for 9 hours.

kfLnW.jpg

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Naruto's going to get good this week, and Bleach returns the next week, I'm sure the ratings will be fine.

Hopefully TCats ratings force it to the ass end of the block like Tenchi, and SBT and E7 get moved up.

Raxus

Naruto's going to get good this week, and Bleach returns the next week, I'm sure the ratings will be fine.

Hopefully TCats ratings force it to the ass end of the block like Tenchi, and SBT and E7 get moved up.

But TCats is going to finish strong with the ending of this two parter this we....pfffhahahahaha who am I kidding it only gets worse and worse from here. And by that I mean I look forward to riffing on its awfulness with you guys.

We are reaching a point where we are going to get a new rotation of shows so it would be nice to get a bunch of new blood in real fast. SOLD MY WIFE can't end soon enough, it will be sad to see SBT go but there are plenty of high quality American cartoons they can draw from. Hell, they can start showing Young Justice if CN is cool with it. More than likely it should be Samurai Jack or Justice League/Batman: TAS. As far as Bad Luck Brian they can replace that with anything and it will be an improvement. Frankly I would be up for deleting it completely in order to make room for OP.

Seda

They've known (or claim to) Samurai 7 's replacement for a while now. I wonder if that alone means anything. We'll I guess it can't be called a last minute decision.

While looking at the ratings week to week is fine and all, you're going to have weeks like this when the numbers drop for no obvious reason.

The numbers have trended upward more than downward recently, so unless that changes, I'm not hitting the panic button.

Don't know how much I can play this week sadly, I have a very early start for my Sunday. DVR will be busy!

ETA: And if you're so inclined, here's this week's Twitter plans, including an attempt to show support for an earlier Toonami start time.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ko90kv

hopefully S7's replacement will pick up the slack if the drop is really due to Thundercats, which ends soon anyway.

the Tumblr said the promo is gonna be for Bleach

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Yea, it makes you feel old doesn't it? I remember when Boomerang was mostly Flinstones repeats...

According to Wiki, there's a few other post-2000 shows airing on Boomeraing. Including Ben 10 (both the original and the current one "Omniverse"), Teen Titans, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, The Secret Saturdays, and something called Almost Naked Animals. That last one sounds terri-bad.

But yeah, new Twitter campaign involves extending Toonami an hour. Starting at 11 PM EST (10 CST). Giving room for an extra hour of programming.

789shadow

Banned
According to Wiki, there's a few other post-2000 shows airing on Boomeraing. Including Ben 10 (both the original and the current one "Omniverse"), Teen Titans, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, The Secret Saturdays, and something called Almost Naked Animals. That last one sounds terri-bad.

But yeah, new Twitter campaign involves extending Toonami an hour. Starting at 11 PM EST (10 CST). Giving room for an extra hour of programming.
I wish I knew how to use Twitter. :(

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Haven't the said several times that the timeslot is pretty much an unchangable thing?

I know they said they can't move it to afternoons, but I think if they want an extra hour it will come down to if the ratings can justify it. If they can average say about a mil a show for the first three consistently then it'll make sense to give them more time. Ratings decide everything sadly.

BatDan

They probably have to clear it up with their superiors in order to allow Twitter campaigns. If they didn't have faith, they wouldn't allow them to announce and organize it.

I doubt a lot of the football viewership watches Toonami.
[as] ratings thread on their site analyzes w2w rating on their impact, I've been a member of that thread before they publicized their numbers weekly.

Trust me, a good number of the demo watches football, college football to be specific. DAT 18-34 DEMO.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hockey's back!

Tonight on Toonami, we finally get back to Baraggan's backstory, Naruto and Sasuke have to team up, Lion-O continues his trials, Katsushiro heads back to Kanna Village, Titan flashes back to the Mutraddi invasion of Galaluna, Renton tries to save a Vodarac girl while Holland has to figure out how to break the bad news to Eureka, Seina and crew get paid, the Elrics say farewell to Central and Maes Hughes, Bebop plays the Real Folk Blues, and Kikyo wanders the land stealing souls.

12:00 - Bleach - 281 - Crown of Lies, Baraggan's Grudge
12:30 - Naruto - 8 - The Oath of Pain
1:00 - Thundercats - 16 - Trials of Lion-O, Part 2
1:30 - Samurai 7 - 23 - The Lies
2:00 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 16 - Escape from Galaluna
2:30 - Eureka seveN - 23 - Differencia
3:00 - Tenchi Muyo! GXP - 11 - First Paychecks
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 10 - Separate Destinations
4:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 25-26 - The Real Folk Blues - END
5:00 - Inuyasha - 21 - Naraku's True Identity Unveiled
5:30 - Inuyasha - 22 - A Wicked Smile; Kikyo's Wandering Soul

BatDan

Didn't they just air The Real Folk Blues? It feels like they just aired it.
There should be a new show to replace one of the Bebops, we don't need two a week.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't they just air The Real Folk Blues? It feels like they just aired it.
There should be a new show to replace one of the Bebops, we don't need two a week.

Part 1 aired in November and the week after was going to be both parts of it, but instead they flashed back to Jupiter Jazz to cover what they had skipped over when they went out of order. So this is the first time RFB Part 2 is airing since August (and only the second time on Toonami).

BatDan

Part 1 aired in November and the week after was going to be both parts of it, but instead they flashed back to Jupiter Jazz to cover what they had skipped over when they went out of order. So this is the first time RFB Part 2 is airing since August (and only the second time on Toonami).

Oooh I see.
It's probably the 200th time it's aired on Adult Swim altogether.

If you people don't watch SBT tonight people just stop watching it altogether. We are already into a stretch where it all comes together, you have to watch tonight. Possibly the 2nd best episode in the series.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
If you people don't watch SBT tonight people just stop watching it altogether. We are already into a stretch where it all comes together, you have to watch tonight. Possibly the 2nd best episode in the series.

Damn straight. Watch it, then cry about how we were robbed of it's greatness.

BatDan

I plan to stop watching SBT after next week's episode, the final three are just too sad.

Seda

Are the final episodes of SBT rushed, or in any way force an ending, due to a cancellation? Like they shoehorned in some sort of ending that wasn't originally planned, in a last minute attempt for closure?

Or does it conclude as season 1 was always meant to, just without a followup?

BatDan

Are the final episodes of SBT rushed, or in any way force an ending, due to a cancellation? Like they shoehorned in some sort of ending that wasn't originally planned, in a last minute attempt for closure?

Or does it conclude as season 1 was always meant to, just without a followup?

It's more of a Season 1 conclusion, it leaves room open for plot lines in the following seasons. The following seasons that didn't happen. *cries*

Seda

It's more of a Season 1 conclusion, it leaves room open for plot lines in the following seasons. The following seasons that didn't happen. *cries*

That's preferable I guess. I know some shows, upon knowledge of cancellation, force an ending where there was never intended to be one and it just makes a mess.

Cranzor

Well I'm glad it at least has some sort of conclusion. I was under the impression that it just abruptly ended.

I wish another season would be made. I never saw it before Toonami picked it up and I love it!

Sadsic

random topic: how would y'all feel if the new season of The Venture Brothers was on Toonami? it's pretty action-y, probably more so than say Tenchi Muyo

BatDan

random topic: how would y'all feel if the new season of The Venture Brothers was on Toonami? it's pretty action-y, probably more so than say Tenchi Muyo

I wouldn't mind it.
It won't happen, but it can work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom