• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any requests for a Now-Next-Later? Totally bored until Toonami.

2b703f1302e79ab54d1a.png

Had to quote for resize.

You know what would be a cool show for Toonami

JoJo's

The 90's OVA series of course, because it has a dub. But I have no idea who distributes it now, if anyone.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

JoJo's

The 90's OVA series of course, because it has a dub. But I have no idea who distributes it now, if anyone.

They may as well wait for the new JoJo, god knows it would be straight up baller though.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

JoJo's

That's a bad idea. Mostly because the dub is REALLY bad.
Be patient and hope for the small chance we'll get the new series.

Drago

About how expensive would Naruto have been to get? I imagine a good chunk of the show acquirement budget went there, with Tenchi being scraps...

I just realized, Naruto being on means that other things from VIZ's Neon Alley service could come, or at least aren't ruled out completely.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It also means for better or worse that Toonami is not simply going to be The Funimation Block on Cartoon Network.

They probably had to call in a favor and a half for Naruto.
Even though it had aired and gained alot of fame on TOONAMI? I remember hearing that alot of retreads usually cost less after being reacquired. That being said, I have no idea how much TOONAMI is allocuted monetarily.
It also means for better or worse that Toonami is not simply going to be The Funimation Block on Cartoon Network.
Do you know how few cable stations carry The FUNimation Channel in the US? I had it for a year and Verizon FIOS took it off in March. Comcast XFinity East doesn't seem to air it, and Time Warner I don't think has it either. I'll take as many FUNi shows they got since many of them would fit [adult swim]/TOONAMI.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I seem to remember Demarco saying when Toonami began that they lacked the funding to reacquire a lot of the bigs of the past. Though I wager Naruto Shippuden flaming out on DIsney XD probably drove the price down a bit.

BatDan

Their options for non-Funimation shows are fairly limited with Viz and Sentai being the only other choices. Most other companies have gone under.
Here's some properties that can easily fit on Toonami.

Viz:
InuYasha: The Final Act
Naruto: Shippuden
Blue Exorcist
Tiger & Bunny

Sentai:
Persona 4.

... I don't know any other good Sentai Filmworks properties.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Even though it had aired and gained alot of fame on TOONAMI? I remember hearing that alot of retreads usually cost less after being reacquired. That being said, I have no idea how much TOONAMI is allocuted monetarily.

Do you know how few cable stations carry The FUNimation Channel in the US? I had it for a year and Verizon FIOS took it off in March. Comcast XFinity East doesn't seem to air it, and Time Warner I don't think has it either. I'll take as many FUNi shows they got since many of them would fit [adult swim]/TOONAMI.

I'll note that Funimation is pretty prevalent on the online scene, unlike ViZ with that PSN-Only Neon Alley business, which airs some Funi stuff if I recall correctly.

BatDan

I'll note that Funimation is pretty prevalent on the online scene, unlike ViZ with that PSN-Only Neon Alley business, which airs some Funi stuff if I recall correctly.

The only Funimation show Neon Alley has is One Piece. Everything else is Viz.

This is very true. It's also why I was hoping DeMarco still had some FUNimation favors to call in... I'm starting to think the favors aren't big enouugh. However it's now like there aren't viable options from FUNi/Viz/ANYONE that would cost an arm and a leg and fit the block.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This is very true. It's also why I was hoping DeMarco still had some FUNimation favors to call in... I'm starting to think the favors aren't big enouugh. However it's now like there aren't viable options from FUNi/Viz/ANYONE that would cost an arm and a leg and fit the block.

I would think Funi would be begging for someone to put One Piece on TV, help get those sales up.

question: what is your guys' attitude when it comes to Sym-Bionic Titan and Thundercats?

do you think Adult Swim has an obligation to show "adult-oriented" programming, or does all-ages material have a place so long as it appeals to an older audience?

BatDan

I would think Funi would be begging for someone to put One Piece on TV, help get those sales up.

Reading the Funimation forum at ArlongPark, apparently they ARE pitching to channels but nobody is biting. *shrugs*

Seda

question: what is your guys' attitude when it comes to Sym-Bionic Titan and Thundercats?

do you think Adult Swim has an obligation to show "adult-oriented" programming, or does all-ages material have a place so long as it appeals to an older audience?

I like the variety, both in style and target demographic

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

I would argue that both Thundercats and Sym-Bionic Titan are significantly more "adult-oriented" than many shows they've aired before. Titan especially.

Drago

As long as a show is good, I'll happily watch it, whether it was intended for kids or adults or otherwise. That's my take on it

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Reading the Funimation forum at ArlongPark, apparently they ARE pitching to channels but nobody is biting. *shrugs*

I would think they'd snap it right up, it's begging for TV. Maybe they just don't have a spot or Funi's asking for too much.

TheChits

Personally I just want some quality animated shows

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Last time on Bleach, Aizen turned back the clock and forced us to watch the same shit over again and oh wait these are just reruns, it is hard to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom