• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I remember Naruto vs Neji (sp?) was the first fight where I really thought Naruto was actually a decent ninja.

That was actually a great fight.

I'm glad everyone seems to be liking Inuyasha, it deserves more love than it gets from anime fans.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I think the only hate InuYasha gets is from pseudo-anime fans who only want to be seen liking what's "cool."

It's good compared to what came immediately before. But yeah, Chunin exams-on are pretty ace.

actually, i'd say the intro stuff was better just because it didn't drag so fucking much.

Dr.Palutena said:
Eh, I think it has legitimate problems that arise as time goes on. But all the problems can be described as it being a product of its creator.

so far the main issues i have are usually just the writing and the voices, though it's gotten a lot better. though i get the feeling they're eventually going to run out of substantial plot points and just devolve into more THAT DEMON HAS A JEWEL SHARD GET HIM. characterization could be better (and that might be a result of the translation), and Kagome's kind of a Sakura, but overall i get the feeling the hate stems from popularity.

i've never really understood the outrage over editing stuff for CARTOON NETWORK. i mean, it's either aired cut or not at all. we're talking about making stuff appropriate for kids.

MikeMyers

I'm glad everyone seems to be liking Inuyasha, it deserves more love than it gets from anime fans.

Agreed, I'm finishing the Final Act tonight, and it is INTENSE.

It does have a bit of a filler problem later on, but I wouldn't say it is as bad as Naruto or Bleach fillers, for example.

Seda

It does have a bit of a filler problem later on, but I wouldn't say it is as bad as Naruto or Bleach fillers, for example.

That most previous Bleach Filler episode was somehow more enjoyable than the canon stuff we've been subjected to.

(That Swordbeast stuff was terrible though)

MikeMyers

That most previous Bleach Filler episode was somehow more enjoyable than the canon stuff we've been subjected to.

(That Swordbeast stuff was terrible though)

Oh yeah I heard the Zanpakutou Rebellion arc was pretty good, I gave up on the previous filler arcs though.

Seda

Oh yeah I heard the Zanpakutou Rebellion arc was pretty good, I gave up on the previous filler arcs though.

Toonami (re)started at the end of that filler (well the storyline part). I thought it was no better or worse than canon bleach at this point. The Swordbeast stuff (more episodic in nature) that came after (I don't know if this is considered part of the same filler or not) was pretty much reviled by GAF lol.

The episode I was referring to was the one off with IChigo and the Magic Lamp.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

It's a bit too compact at times when it comes to the manga arcs early on, but damn if it doesn't get nuts.

MikeMyers

It's a bit too compact at times when it comes to the manga arcs early on, but damn if it doesn't get nuts.

I've always wondered....

*THIS MAY BE SPOILERS TO FIRST TIME VIEWERS*

....but if Naraku in the beginning can't attack Kikyo due to having Origeme's heart, how did he kill her 50 years ago?

Seda

I've always wondered....

....but if Naraku in the beginning can't attack Kikyo due to having Origeme's heart, how did he kill her 50 years ago?

Not much of a spoiler (I'm a first time viewer). I haven't seen the most recently aired pair of episodes, but they basically have already stated that Naraku isn't as much of a demon as he comes across as and that Origeme's scar wont go away.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I've always wondered....

By being a better troll than Aizen could ever hope to be.
Basically he first disguises himself as Kikyo and goes to Inuyasha and makes him then she betrayed him. Then he disguises himself as Inuyasha and does the same thing to Kikyo. From there all he had to do was watch as they attacked each other. Inuyasha does kill Kikyo and she does seal him. He gets them to do it to each other through pure trolling and a transformation technique.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This is as much spoiler as Naruto having the 9 tailed fox in him ,no? You are told about it in the first and/or second episodes.

The fact the pair fight isn't much of a spoiler, but the events leading up to it are. They're also a hell of a troll on Naraku's part.

you guys are reminding me that inyusha was pretty good. some arcs better than others.

also Sesshomaru was such a badass
Sesshy-2-sesshomaru-20591180-848-480.jpg

MikeMyers

Basically he first disguises himself as Kikyo and goes to Inuyasha and makes him then she betrayed him. Then he disguises himself as Inuyasha and does the same thing to Kikyo. From there all he had to do was watch as they attacked each other. Inuyasha does kill Kikyo and she does seal him. He gets them to do it to each other through pure trolling and a transformation technique.

Oh ok.

By the way, Jaken is the best character. He made me LOL every time.

but Kikyo died from the wounds Naraku inflicted upon her, didn't she? InuYasha never touched Kikyo. unless that gets retconned later.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
but Kikyo died from the wounds Naraku inflicted upon her, didn't she? InuYasha never touched Kikyo. unless that gets retconned later.

Ah looking it up it is Naraku that hits her. I suppose he gets around it by just having changed or something. I guess they just didn't want it to really have been Inuyasha that killed her.
EDITED SPOILER, but pretty much every bad thing in this series can be explain by Naraku trolling. It's funny because he doesn't really get any stronger as the series goes on, maybe a little bit, but his real power is xanatos speed chess.

MikeMyers

It's funny because he doesn't really get any stronger as the series goes on, maybe a little bit, but his real power is xanatos speed chess.

He is stated to have become stronger when Kikyo gives him part of the Sacred Jewel and he starts to create Incarnations

Ah looking it up it is Naraku that hits her. I suppose he gets around it by just having changed or something. I guess they just didn't want it to really have been Inuyasha that killed her.
EDITED SPOILER, but pretty much every bad thing in this series can be explain by Naraku trolling. It's funny because he doesn't really get any stronger as the series goes on, maybe a little bit, but his real power is xanatos speed chess.

maybe they pulled a Star Wars Episode III and she just loses the will to live without InuYasha? is it that Naraku can hurt her but not kill her?

My heart is in another castle, muahahaha

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
He is stated to have become stronger when Kikyo gives him part of the Sacred Jewel and he starts to create Incarnations

Yea but I'm pretty sure until he
gets his little bubble and wasps
he can still get wrecked by Inuyasha and his team. The whole series is basically him coming up with new ways of defending himself against Inuyasha who is constantly trying to find a way through Naraku's newest defense.

My heart is in another castle, muahahaha

Pretty much this.

maybe they pulled a Star Wars Episode III and she just loses the will to live without InuYasha? is it that Naraku can hurt her but not kill her?

I think the reasoning is that
she would have lived if she had gotten treatment but she decided "fuck that, Imma hunt me some Inuyasha"

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I oftentimes will read spoilers but I'm enjoying Inuyasha enough that ill avoid this black bar barrage.

There isn't too much in there that's a real spoiler at this point.

Unfortunately, the early parts of Inuyasha are by far the best. Now that the whole crew has been assembled and you've met Totosai, you've seen most of what the show has to offer. It's pretty damn repetitive from here on out, with only one notable story arc of about 20 episodes or so to really break things up. That's also the ONLY thing that really resembles an actual continuous plot arc that lasts more than two or three episodes in the entire series. You've also heard the full range of the show's dialogue at this point too. I can't remember a SINGLE "cool" or memorable line beyond this point in the series.

Otherwise it's just a lot of meandering. Sometimes looking for jewel shards, sometimes looking for wherever Naraku has hidden himself now, sometimes looking for a new power for the Tetsusaiga. Little mini-plots coming and going. Oh, and filler. Plenty of random filler here and there. BEWARE SHIPPO FILLER.

If you really love the main characters, there will be some nice moments here and there. That's pretty much the driving force behind the series, and even if things get pretty stale that never really goes away.

MikeMyers

There isn't too much in there that's a real spoiler at this point.

Unfortunately, the early parts of Inuyasha are by far the best. Now that the whole crew has been assembled and you've met Totosai, you've seen most of what the show has to offer. It's pretty damn repetitive from here on out, with only one notable story arc to really break things up for about 20 episodes or so. That's also the ONLY thing that really resembles an actual continuous plot arc that lasts more than two or three episodes in the entire series. You've also heard the full range of the show's dialogue at this point too. I can't remember a SINGLE "cool" or memorable line beyond this point in the series.

Otherwise it's just a lot of meandering. Sometimes looking for jewel shards, sometimes looking for wherever Naraku has hidden himself now, sometimes looking for a new power for the Tetsusaiga. Little mini-plots coming and going. Oh, and filler. Plenty of random filler here and there. BEWARE SHIPPO FILLER.

If you really love the main characters, there will be some nice moments here and there. That's pretty much the driving force behind the series, and even if things get pretty stale that never really goes away.

Man you forgot about the Band of 7 arc, that arc was AWESOME.

But yeah, if filler gets annoying I would just skip to Band of Seven arc, then watch the Final Act.
THe only thing you need to know in between those arcs is that Kikyo survived Narku's assault

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Man you forgot about the Band of 7 arc, that arc was AWESOME.
Huh? I mentioned it in the first paragraph. :D

And aside from that, honestly, that arc is a lot of wasted potential. The only reason it's really memorable or "AWESOME" is because it's totally different in terms of structure from the entire rest of the series.

Raxus

I missed a bunch of Inuyasha when it went into filler hell and the miniplots began to really drag. Any quick references for the Band of 7 and the shake up MetatronM was talking about,
was it the Demon Inuyasha plot?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I missed a bunch of Inuyasha when it went into filler hell and the miniplots began to really drag. Any quick references for the Band of 7 and the shake up MetatronM was talking about,
was it the Demon Inuyasha plot?

That was before. The Band of Seven are
those super badass mercs that Naraku revives with jewel shards in order to kill Inuyasha. The last fight is awesome and hilarious. The guy's strong enough to kill Inuyasha but insists on taking his last power up which lets Inuyasha worf him. It's incredibly awesome to see happen, but funny as hell when you look back on it.

MikeMyers

I just finished watching the whole series.

There were times the series got INTENSE, and there some stupid filler shit happened..but overall it was good.

Jaken is best character, he needs his own spinoff.

Huh? I mentioned it in the first paragraph. :D

And aside from that, honestly, that arc is a lot of wasted potential. The only reason it's really memorable or "AWESOME" is because it's totally different in terms of structure from the entire rest of the series.

Fair.

The absolute best filler is when
InuYasha joined Kagome's school play.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I just finished watching the whole series.

There were times the series got INTENSE, and there some stupid filler shit happened..but overall it was good.

Jaken is best character, he needs his own spinoff.

Fair.

The absolute best filler is when
InuYasha joined Kagome's school play.

Pretty sure that was a canon manga arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom