• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Too bad GAINAX wasn't a big part of this. Now I feel like watching one of their productions.
Not sure why you would say that considering Gurren Lagann is probably the last great GAINAX show. Everything else they produced post mid 2000s ranged from passable to mediocre.

yami4ct

yeah, but he said "considerably less". even if you don't like the CGI some of the action here kicks the shit out of the original.

But the vast majority of it still looks real lazy. Especially the character stuff.

I don't agree with Jex but I see where he's coming from.

Soma

Hope this gets more people to check out the series and the rest of the movies.

Absolutely one of the best anime out there.

Moaradin

That means it's working.

Trust me.

I marathon EVERYTHING.

and I had to like research shit to even get a grasp of half of it.

Confusion is normal.

Yea, I just watched the series for the first time last week and End of Eva last night. I spent hours reading wikis after that shit, and I still don't understand everything.

I really want to watch the second rebuild movie now, but then I'll have to wait for the 3rd to be dubbed =/

Azure J

I think I understand less about Eva now than I did before I watched this.

The absolute WORST part about this is now I'm interested in a "curious cat doesn't know what's in that box over there" kinda way.

Give it to me straight EvangelionGAF, is this one of those series where I'm going to watch it and months later recall something from it only to get stuck in a perpetual cycle of "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" thinking about it all again?

yami4ct

The series had the benefit of having animation gods like Mitsuo Iso and Yoh Yoshinari at work, to be fair. All Rebuild has is Anno's newfound love for CGI.

It's not all Anno. The whole mecha animation part of the industry is all CG. No hand-drawn mecha left. It's sad.

Jintor

Give it to me straight EvangelionGAF, is this one of those series where I'm going to watch it and months later recall something from it only to get stuck in a perpetual cycle of "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" thinking about it all again?

I don't know. Depends on the type of fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu you're dropping.

oh shit more Flying Lotus

LET'S KATAMARI THIS SHIT

I have no idea what I just watched, but I want to watch more of it for some reason.

Guess I'll have to look into watching the original series.

pirata

Yep! Crazy, huh! From this point forward, the movies deviate from the series entirely. Not only that, but it becomes increasingly obvious that [Spoiler warning! Only highlight if you have finished the series and EoE]
the Rebuild movies aren't remakes at all, but sequels set in an extremely far-flung future following the End of Evangelion

Risette

A Good Citizen
The series had the benefit of having animation gods like Mitsuo Iso and Yoh Yoshinari at work, to be fair. All Rebuild has is Anno's newfound love for CGI.
There's more than Iso and Yoshinari to the Eva series. Pretty much everyone who was anybody at the time worked on Eva.

So it had the benefit of animation gods in general...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom