• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHY IS THE MUSIC STILL HAPPY WHY IS IT STILL HAPPY THEY'RE ALL DYING AND BLOOD BUT IT'S HAPPY AND THERE'S A PARADE AND IT SAYS SMELL A POOPY DIAPER AND NOW THERE ARE SPIDERS AND THERE WAS A HEAD ON WHEELS AND THAT GUY'S BLEEDING OUT HIS HEAD AND CATERPILLARS I THINK AND WHAT THE FUCK I DON'T EVEN KNOW ANYMORE

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
DEVOUR CASSHERN

ib1golI0pbhuJn.gif

I feel like maybe they should have aired a stand-alone movie. So many questions that will stay unanswered because I don't care enough to see the other movies.

Moaradin

I really liked that movie though. It seemed to condense the show pretty well, and I like how they are introducing some of the characters and plot points earlier that kind of come out of the left field in the anime.

Only thing I didn't like were the CG mechs. I mean, it wasn't bad by CG standards, but the original series had some really great mech animation. If they did the mechs as well as they did all the other animation in this movie, it would have been great.

yami4ct

CG Gundam is disgusting. DISGUSTING!
For the most part yes, but damn if Unicorn doesn't make me believe in our CG future. Where's Duckroll when you need him?

I seriously don't get this anime.

I sort of explained it earlier.

Eva is a deconstruction of Otaku culture. It came from the hatred of seeing how all these people were becoming you're typical shut-in, basement dweller nerd types obsessed with these anime girls.

Eva is his attempt to use Shinji as a surrogate to hold a mirror up to those people so they can realize what they've become. Barring that, he than uses it to at least get revenge on them.

At its core, that is eva.

Azure J

I don't know. Depends on the type of fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu you're dropping.

oh shit more Flying Lotus

LET'S KATAMARI THIS SHIT

The kind that's a few parts exasperation from the mental hoops you went through previously to get where "X" fits in, a few parts "why am I do this to myself" complete with shame, and one part weird anxiety/longing for real answers from the next thing in the series that isn't coming for years after you've jumped in.

yami4ct

yami4ct, do me a favour and explain what deconstruction means. For science.

Deconstruction? It's taking a part an ideal or set of ideas for the purpose of putting it on display in a work of media. At least, that's how I define it. It's taking an idea and either trying to reinforce it or destroy it by breaking it into components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom