• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

xbStHDN.png

Tamanon

Banned
Almost through with the movie now(recorded from last night before passing out drunk), and man....I forgot how much Shinji gets clowned early on in the series by the Angels.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Thanks for all birthday wishes guys.

I imagine Funimation is happy that the airing of Evangelion has lead to a major boost in DVD/Blu-Ray sales.
I see that happening with One Piece when it starts airing. Maybe.

Seda

Thread title pun crossed my mind when I put in the original one, but I thought it might be considered silly/dumb until like 5 other people also thought of the same pun so yeah.

Seda

Random, was looking at the previous two threads:

OT1 took 22 weeks to get through, OT2 took 15.

OT3 is on pace for 10 weeks.

(Oops meant to add that in as an edit, not a double post)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

ToonamiGAF has been growing I suppose. The mods will probably shunt us off to community at this rate.

I hope we get Eva 2.22 as another movie night soon.

Seda

The Momocon panel and Eva are to blame.

I remember doing a check before where the thread did around 1200 posts every Toonami (roughly correlates to OT2 being 15 weeks). Last night was about 2000 - roughly - (EDIT: Actually more like 2500) .

Momocon stuff around 600-700 posts.

Also people posting about Boondocks (and to a lesser extent Black Dynamite) every week speeds things up too.

Please no community.

I was considering moving the thread to community when I made this one (some sort of preemptive initiative to it eventually happening anyway) but we kind of decided I wont unless it is forced upon.

LycanXIII

I was considering moving the thread to community when I made this one (some sort of preemptive initiative to it eventually happening anyway) but we kind of decided I wont unless it is forced upon.

It's going to happen soon with us posting more frequently during the week about news/questions/ratings/etc.

In fairness, over time the thread has turned into more a "Let's talk about the next show TOONAMI should get" during the week, it's basically a 2nd anime thread.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
3.0 is coming. Evangelion is one of the easy decisions for companies to make on bringing over, just because it's consistently got an audience.

I doubt they'll bring it over before the edited 3.33 version. It's sort of a waste of money to do it before the definitive version.

javac

I doubt they'll bring it over before the edited 3.33 version. It's sort of a waste of money to do it before the definitive version.

I'm guessing that's what he meant. Didn't they jump straight to 2.22 as well? 3.33 is already coming in Japan on April 24th. It's pretty much the theatrical version so I'm guessing they are skipping the .0 versions now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom