• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

LycanXIII

Post for new page.

9fbc5c34229723033c208e0c4ca25c50.png

It probably did in the beginning (for the first hour or so, I'm guessing), but it did run from 1 to 3:30 so a drop off was to be expected.

Yeah, with it being an average over the whole block, and the rating still being that high, I'd say at a million for the first hour. I'd like to see the time slot breakdown for it though.

no i meant did you guess that or is that a legit number. Some people in lieu of actual number make a guess based off previous data.

I'm comparing it to past movies though.

i had to do the calculating myself. the number for the 18-49 is a percentage that is given on the page, and that is multiplied by Nielsen's estimate of the number of adults aged 18-49 living in a house with a television, which is 126,540,000. that gives you the number of 18-49 viewers, so i dunno. i'd say it's a legit number. i rounded a bit, but otherwise that's the way you're supposed to get the number.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
If I can not do 1500 push ups, then I shall do 1000 squats!

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE

(I've gone ahead in Naruto. Am up to ep ~60)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Was hoping Eva could break a million.
The lead-in to Fullmetal gives you an indication of where Eva's lowest numbers after 3 am likely were, and the near 100% retention rate for Naruto suggests that everybody showed up last night waiting for Eva. It wouldn't shock me if 1-1:30 was the highest rated half hour of the night.

By the way, 600k in demo viewers is EXTREMELY high for the block. I can only recall Inuyasha, FMA, Samurai Champloo's debut, and Bleach ever breaking that barrier (and only Inu and FMA ever beating 700).

So if those numbers are even close to right, the block is extraordinarily healthy and running close to double what it was a year ago.

Aw, Evangelion had a little bit of a low value?

It must've started with high numbers and got ruined later.

considering there was no promotion up until the day before, how movies typically do on AS, and that Evangelion the series failed when they aired it, the movie did very well. not to mention it ended at like 3:30. people DO go to to bed.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
true. but who honestly sees that and thinks "nah, we need like...a RAP."

Honestly, the rap was good for people who jumped into the show from the middle. It pretty much was a summary of who the crew was and what they were up to. It was horrible as all holy hell, but I can see the logic behind it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Tousen goes one on one with Komamura, Naruto goes all Wolvie berserker style on Haku, the meisters take on Dr. Stein, the Thundercats' Log Pose is pointing toward the sky and they need to find a way to Sky Island, Titan returns with some elephant logic, the Gekko arrives at Tresor for repairs and Talho makes a change, Seiryo leads the Good Luck Fleet to take down Bad Luck Brian, Mustang takes on the homunculi, Faye faces another ghost from her past, and Team Inuyasha find themselves up against the wind sorceress Kagura.

12:00 - Bleach - 290 - For the Sake of Justice?! The Man Who Deserted the Soul Reapers
12:30 - Naruto - 17 - White Past: Hidden Ambition
1:00 - Soul Eater - 5 - Shape of the Soul – Enter the Ultimate Meister Stein?
1:30 - Thundercats - 24 - The Soul Sever
2:00 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 3 - Elephant Logic
2:30 - Eureka seveN - 30 - Change Of Life
3:00 - Tenchi Muyo! GXP - 19 - Seiryo Attacks
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 19 - Death of the Undying
4:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 17 - Mushroom Samba
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 18 - Speak Like a Child
5:00 - Inuyasha - 39 - Trapped in a Duel to the Death
5:30 - Inuyasha - 40 - Deadly Trap of Kagura the Wind Sorceress

Raxus

Dark Naruto lost two teammates. It is going to be ages before he runs out of X-Factor.

Weakest episode of SBT is tonight.

We will continue to dive into the madness that is GXP which has become such a train wreck I don't think I, nor anyone else, can look away.

Speaking of train wrecks, Thundercats.

E7 has finally gotten good, I hope it keeps up.

STEIN, that is all.

Best FMA:B episode is tonight.

btw, what's the difference between the red text and the plain bold text?
New addition, returning, series premiere/finale. Bold is just a new episode.

Seda

I read red as anything interesting to the line up for the week, this week being the shows that were absent due to Eva 1.11. Bold are episodes new to Toonami, and I guess uncut Naruto counts.

Or something.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Reds are new series debuts, episode 1's, series finales, returns to the lineup, and other such noteworthy events.

Bolds are standard network premiere episodes.

Raxus

Reds are new series debuts, episode 1's, series finales, returns to the lineup, and other such noteworthy events.

Bolds are standard network premiere episodes.

Do me a big favor MetatronM and make a new color for when Tenchi goes off the air because it will be something that qualifies less as an event and more of a 'yay you survived' type of thing.

So I just marathoned NGE (including End of) this week after watching the movie.

That was...interesting.

Spoilers since I know people here may not have seen it, based on movie night comments:

I was expecting more batshit insane stuff right off the bat, so I was surprised to see it starts as a show that wasn't as out there as I thought.

But then Eva 01 starts acting like an animal and eating other robots and I was quite disturbed.

From there, we're off the rails - it's funny how the thing that truly made me feel the characters are on the road to nowhere was Ritsuko snapping. I get that they are all flawed, but I didn't expect that from her, at least, not until her backstory was filled out, and even then....

The infamous final two episodes - well, I can see how you would be quite pissed as a viewer. But when you pair them with EOE, I like to think they complement each other, and both are the true ending - basically, if they had the money, the end of the TV series would have been closer to EOE.

I also found the story to be far more personal than I thought, and all the religious stuff to be basically window dressing. Shinji's still the most punchable protagonist I've ever seen, but you relate to the guy. I can see why people get frustrated with him - you watch a show like that so you can live vicariously through the hero - not to see someone you is just as screwed up as you in dealing with the world.

That said, I'm curious to see how Rebuild takes the story in a different direction, considering 1.11 was almost a shot for shot remake at times of the first batch of TV episodes.

Sorry for the wall of black text.

Oh, and Team Azuka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom