• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

If they do hopefully it isn't bad like the original series one was. Tried to get into it but couldn't because of how bad that dub sounded.

Seda

Let's see that scene one more time!

lmGt4Rz.png

What a baller.

Raxus

It gets a whole lot better. York Shin, Greed Island and Chimera Ant all have claim as the best in the series, the first arc is just there for a set up.

It starts slow and the Hunter Exam Arc has a few highlights but after the arc ends it takes off like a rocket. You learn about Nen and things go batshit crazy from there.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
why in the actual fuck do people question if One Piece will be the 4Kids version or be heavily edited? it makes no fucking sense.

A good number of Toonami's viewers don't or refuse to pay attention to details regarding various shows.
Hence why there were so many people whining about Eureka Seven being cancelled when it was only taking two weeks off for DST and Evangelion.

It relates back to a large number of people not knowing One Piece hasn't been dubbed by 4Kids since 2007.

well no, they're not complaining about how the dub for One Piece sucks. they're asking if we're getting the 4Kids version. they KNOW the Funimation version exists, they just think that for some reason Toonami will get the OTHER version. why on earth would a person even question this? hell, i've seen some people ask if the Funimation version will be heavily edited. yes, you fucking morons, the network that aired Deadman Wonderland and Naruto UNCUT is going to air a version of One Piece that's suitable for Toonzai :|

yeah, the DST thing about Eureka Seven was dumb, but this is on a different level of stupidity. it's unbelievable.

Moaradin

Just got around to watching Evangelion 2.22 (couldn't wait after that cliffhanger on Toonami) and that was some insane shit. I think I might like how it plays out more than it did in the TV show. Now I have to wait for Funimation to do the 3rd movie =(

I hope Toonami shows it eventually. The reactions would be glorious.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Fun facts about Brotherhood since they changed things up a bit from the manga: Ed visiting the ruins of xerxes is shown AFTER Mustang battles Lust in the manga.

So when you see Mustang end up fighting Lust in the manga, the reader is kind of pissed at Mustang, sort of under the impression that mustang has killed Ross and is in over his head, playing right in to the enemy's hands.

So we see Mustang finally in combat for the first time against Lust (Isaac was anime filler), and then in the next chapter of the manga, find out he saved Ross, cementing his spot as a badass mofo instead of the fool we thought he had been.

Also, Brotherhood cut this out, but at the same time as Mustang is fighting Lust, Ling is in his first fight, teaming up with Ran Fan against Envy and Gluttony (and they handily dominate the two). Pride shows up for the first time and orders Envy and Gluttony to back off from off-panel, and though Ling and Ran Fan don't see Pride, they're sweating bullets just from being in his presence.

Seda

Fun facts about Brotherhood since they changed things up a bit from the manga: Ed visiting the ruins of xerxes is shown AFTER Mustang battles Lust in the manga.

So when you see Mustang end up fighting Lust in the manga, the reader is kind of pissed at Mustang, sort of under the impression that mustang has killed Ross and is in over his head, playing right in to the enemy's hands.

So we see Mustang finally in combat for the first time against Lust (Isaac was anime filler), and then in the next chapter of the manga, find out he saved Ross, cementing his spot as a badass mofo instead of the fool we thought he had been.

Also, Brotherhood cut this out, but at the same time as Mustang is fighting Lust, Ling is in his first fight, teaming up with Ran Fan against Envy and Gluttony (and they handily dominate the two). Pride shows up for the first time and orders Envy and Gluttony to back off from off-panel, and though Ling and Ran Fan don't see Pride, they're sweating bullets just from being in his presence.

Neat stuff. Isn't the
Ling/LanFan versus Wrath/Gluttony coming up relatively soon? So in the manga, this would be the second time they see Gluttony?

Seda

i thought it was kinda cheap they didn't show Mustang sealing his wound or carving the thing into his hand.

I guess to make his appearance more a surprise. Caught me offguard the first time anyway. I mean I didn't think he was dead or anything, but I wasn't expecting him to go all out like that.

I was actually expecting Wrath to show up instead to kill Lust or something.

worth noting that both Rebuild movies, Casshern Sins, and Deadman Wonderland are in the Amazon best sellers (Deadman in the DVDs, Casshern in the Blu-rays, EVA in both)

maybe they've been that way for a while, but this is the first time i checked

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
If the Tumblr is anything to go by, it really sounds like they're leaning towards starting One Piece with Davy Back Fight, which would certainly be...interesting. :D

If you're not already used to One Piece's manner of weirdness by then, Davy Back Fight would probably be all but incomprehensible. The filler mixed into the arc in the anime doesn't help either.

No matter what, it definitely sounds like it's NOT starting with episode 1.

Seda

So what episode is that roughly?

EDIT: I see a lot of mentions of around episode 200, is that it? I have some catching up to do if so.

If the Tumblr is anything to go by, it really sounds like they're leaning towards starting One Piece with Davy Back Fight, which would certainly be...interesting. :D

If you're not already used to One Piece's manner of weirdness by then, Davy Back Fight would probably be all but incomprehensible. The filler mixed into the arc in the anime doesn't help either.

No matter what, it definitely sounds like it's NOT starting with episode 1.

Oh god the reactions will be priceless.
KuGsj.gif

Moaradin

Oh man, I hope they don't start that far in. I only just now started watching the show myself, and the early bits are pretty important even if it starts off a little slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom