• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I keep the image in the OP for reference, May 11th.

I wonder if One Piece is GXP's replacement ...or if theres going to be One Piece, IGPX, AND something else.

Nah, it's going to be One Piece at this point. Unless they are pulling FMA too, since they aren't finished with Inuyasha's original run.

This news has me so damn hyped. When these guys deliver, they deliver more than we could possibly hope for.

Seda

i'd say IGPX was the OTHER show they were talking about that they were still figuring out, and it's free

Probably, because else they'd have to remove an airing of Inuyasha or one of the rerrunning shows to fit yet another new show.

789shadow

Banned
Also

ib1pZEMAUFXBaV.gif

Drago

If they're gonna start One Piece where HD episodes start, at least start with Water 7 at episode 229.

Davy Back Fight and the other filler arcs afterwards will be torture.

LycanXIII

I keep the image in the OP for reference, May 11th.

I wonder if One Piece is GXP's replacement ...or if theres going to be One Piece, IGPX, AND something else.

It probably depends on what they had to do to get this back. If it locks up a lot of their budget, it'd probably be just it and One Piece. Also, this is a better excuse to not showing two episodes of OP instead of it costing twice as much.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I am really unsure what AS could have up their sleeve unless they decided to dig deep into the Funimation bargain bin again.

If they're gonna start One Piece where HD episodes start, at least start with Water 7 at episode 229.

Davy Back Fight and the other filler arcs afterwards will be torture.

Isn't there a filler during water 7 that recaps the story too?

That would be the best place to start if they aren't going to start at 1

Novid

Banned
Its good for them that people can forgive and forget. But that would mean they cant get megas and by extention, MotorCity. Shame. Lazlo still got DeMarco things he got to learn.

I am really unsure what AS could have up their sleeve unless they decided to dig deep into the Funimation bargain bin again.

i'll be surprised if they have anything, actually. the way they talked about having another show at the panel, it REALLY makes sense they were referring to IGPX

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
No, it starts right before Enies Lobby. Its the absolute WORST place to start.

Actually, it takes place part way through Enies Lobby when
the Straw Hats jump onto the oncoming Rocket Man as it barrels into the courthouse.
I remember this because all five damn recap episodes ended with this scene. It was annoying.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
what is the reason they cant get megas back?

It was totally in-house (unlike IGPX, which I believe was a collab) and they wrote it off on their taxes as a flop. I wouldn't be shocked if there was some arcane legal loophole they can use buried deep in the recesses of the tax law books, but that would take a long time to find.

ezekial45

Banned
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...all-cougar-town-southland-dallas-more/175206/

A new episode of Naruto – part of the signature animé action-adventure Toonami block—ranked #1 in its time period among men 18-34 & 18-24. Significantly, all Toonami series earned mostly double and triple-digit increases across key adults and men vs. the same 2012 time period.

This is fantastic. I'm happy that Toonami has proven to be a success.

Hopefully this means that AS will loosen the purse string for Toonami's budget.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, Megas still can never sail again on the Banner of anything Cartoon Network in the USA, but I have been assured that Megas will one day arise, the threads are starting to get untangled.

Seda

I was just thinking a new thread for a "new" Toonami.

I guess there's no harm in starting a new OT early. It'd be nice if we had the new logo first though for the thread before the airing of 'new-Toonami'. We still have 4 weeks of current Toonami, and we average something like ~1250 posts a week, so we'd be at ~17 000, close enough.

I guess there's no harm in starting a new OT early. It'd be nice if we had the new logo first though for the thread before the airing of 'new-Toonami'. We still have 4 weeks of current Toonami, and we average something like ~1250 posts a week, so we'd be at ~17 000, close enough.

they did say "watch this space" so i assume they'll debut the new logo or the new Absolution or both on the Tumblr

I'd also like to wait a bit longer before moving on to a new thread. Gotta get all the juice we can out of this one before we're shoved off to Community.

Drago

I'm happy that One Piece is starting near Water 7, as that and CP9 are my favorite arcs, but it will be a pain in the ass for people new to the series. I guess they can read summaries online, but where's the fun in that?

At least we will be ~4 years ahead than if we started at ep. 1...

Seda

I'd also like to wait a bit longer before moving on to a new thread. Gotta get all the juice we can out of this one before we're shoved off to Community.

If we move to Community it won't be because I make the thread there.

EDIT: Fitness, Dating-Age and PTMYL and other threads are on OTs past #3 in the off topic board, we should be able to stay too.

789shadow

Banned
Starting at Episode 1, with 2 eps a week at minimum, is the only way to do it. If they couldn't do that, they shouldn't have even bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom