• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
remind me again how Bandai went out of business in the US and Aniplex did not

Weren't Aniplex the ones that released Persona 4 for an obscenely high price?

It's like nobody takes a page from Funimation's book and offers DVDs at reasonable prices.
At least it's not Star Trek, those DVD prices are fucking insane.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I know I'm a tad late but here's an updated list of tentative Toonami End Dates.

ThunderCats (First Run): April 6th 2013
Tenchi Muyo GXP: May 11th 2013
Sym-Bionic Titan (Second Run): July 20th 2013
Eureka Seven: August 10th 2013
ThunderCats: (Second Run) October 5th 2013
IGPX (First Run): October 19th 2013
Soul Eater: February 8th 2014
Bleach: September 6th 2014
Naruto (canon material): June 27th 2015

One Piece: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LycanXIII

I know I'm a tad late but here's an updated list of tentative Toonami End Dates.

ThunderCats (First Run): April 6th 2013
Tenchi Muyo GXP: May 11th 2013
Sym-Bionic Titan (Second Run): July 20th 2013
Eureka Seven: August 10th 2013
ThunderCats: (Second Run) October 5th 2013
IGPX (First Run): October 19th 2013
Soul Eater: February 8th 2014
Bleach: September 6th 2014
Naruto (canon material): June 27th 2015

One Piece: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So, we're looking at:

- 7 Weeks GXP
- 17 Weeks SBT

Sonicbug

Persona 4 was Sentai, who also overcharges pretty horribly.

They're not anywhere close to Aniplex prices. I picked up Persona 4 part 1 for a very reasonable price, $32. (Then again, I remember the days when 4 episodes cost $30 on VHS so...)

Aniplex ...grrrr.... never goes on sale.

Sonicbug

isn't the regular price like $60, though?

MSRP is always over 60 bucks for most 13 episode sets. (Unless it's One Piece or a rerelease or something.)

Do people actually buy anime for the MSRP? Amazon or Right Stuff always has stuff on sale.... unless that stuff is from Aniplex or NISA, because neither are every sold at a discount it seems.

LycanXIII

57e1fd9af447ec44e6d989d710846ad4.png

I did not know that.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to be away from home (but should still be watching tonight), so the odds that I'm going to post next week's lineup before tomorrow night are pretty low. Not impossible, but unlikely.

Tonight on Toonami, Tousen's fight with Komamura comes to an end as Hirako activates his zanpakutou against Aizen, Naruto agrees to slay Haku, Soul and Black☆Star take on Death the Kid, the Thundercats take to the sky in the first half of its two-part season (series?) finale, Lance becomes the night, the Gekko crew witnesses the true terror of Project Orange, Seina's a little too popular and Kiriko has to make a fateful decision, Edward encounters Hohenheim in Resembool, Spike has a run in with Mad Pierrot, and Inuyasha tries to master the Wind Scar against Kagura's own wind powers again.

12:00 - Bleach - 291 - A Desperate Struggle with Aizen! Hirako, Shikai!
12:30 - Naruto - 18 - The Weapons Known as Shinobi
1:00 - Soul Eater - 6 - The New Student – Kid's First Day at the Academy, Will It Be an Entrance to Remember?
1:30 - Thundercats - 25 - What Lies Above, Part 1
2:00 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 4 - The Phantom Ninja
2:30 - Eureka seveN - 31 - Animal Attack
3:00 - Tenchi Muyo! GXP - 20 - Beware the Unko!
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 20 - Father Before the Grave
4:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 19 - Wild Horses
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 20 - Pierrot Le Fou
5:00 - Inuyasha - 41 - Kagura's Dance and Kanna's Mirror
5:30 - Inuyasha - 42 - The Wind Scar Fails

Seda

I should probably watch through YYH. I remember watching 5 episodes in a row once during some marathon somewhere and I remember really liking it, although I don't remember anything about it lol

Seda

The plot really isn't too complicated.

I wasn't saying it was complicated. I just can't remember much about the episodes I watched, it was a while ago. The fact that I had no idea what was really going on probably makes it harder to remember as well.

Raxus

Yes it's were the show really shines.

It also set the standard for Hunter X Hunter which shows you can have brains in your Shonen shows instead of just he MORE POWER and FRIENDSHIP crap.

Sadly the last arc of Yuyu was another f***ing tourney arc. I skipped it and I am glad I did.

Moaradin

It also set the standard for Hunter X Hunter which shows you can have brains in your Shonen shows instead of just he MORE POWER and FRIENDSHIP crap.

Sadly the last arc of Yuyu was another f***ing tourney arc. I skipped it and I am glad I did.

The tournament was only a small part of the last arc. Honestly, the 3 kings arc was pretty short, but it did have a lot of great stuff in it. That ending was amazing also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom