• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

LycanXIII

MLQHT1C.png

This was my question, so the GXP replacement could be something else maybe.

Well, we still don't know when One Piece is coming back, so we could get a show for GXP, and then OP take over for Titan's second ending. It'd give them more time to figure out where to start too.

12 - Bleach
12.5 - Naruto
1 - Soul Eater
1.5 - One Piece
2 - IGPX
2.5 - Eureka seveN
3 - ???????????
3.5 - Thundercats
4 - Sym-Bionic Titan
4.5 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
5 - Cowboy Bebop
5.5 - Inuyasha
Depends on the GXP replacement. If it's new to the block, I'd like to see it before IGPX.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
i really do wonder if we're looking at an expansion

Maybe, I mean if they aren't going to show Boondocks or Black Dynamite in that timeslot they may as well give it to Toonami, especially after all the extra ratings they've gotten as opposed to last year.

LycanXIII

We've had double mil ever since Naruto joined, and several trips with Thundercats, and now Soul Eater has given us our first Quad mil. Movie night was a success, and we're getting a "reboot." There's no possible way you could call Toonami a bust when looking at where it started last year. Expanding it an hour is the next logical step.

Mature

We've had double mil ever since Naruto joined, and several trips with Thundercats, and now Soul Eater has given us our first Quad mil. Movie night was a success, and we're getting a "reboot." There's no possible way you could call Toonami a bust when looking at where it started last year. Expanding it an hour is the next logical step.
Paying them is the next logical step, i'd say!

B.K.

Gonzo gonna Gonzo I guess. Guess I'll give it a shot.

It's the director's fault. He HATED the manga and changed the story to the way he wanted it to go.

Regarding differences between the stories in the manga and in the anime, Hiroyuki Morita, who directed the anime, wrote in his blog that he dislikes the original story and has, in some ways, been making changes to the plot for that reason. He also wrote that, at one point early in the development of the show, he asked manga author Mohiro Kitoh if he could find some way to save the main characters — the kids who must pilot Zearth. He wrote that Kitoh responded that his choice was fine as long as the changes did not involve "magical solutions" to the story. Morita closed out the blog entry with the statement "The director of the animated version of Bokurano dislikes the original manga. From here on out, you can't expect the animated version to expand on what you might find appealing in the original. So, fans of the original, please do not watch the animated version from now on".

Seda

I'd like to believe that people asking questions like that aren't being serious, and are 'playing dumb'.

Sadly, this is probably not the case.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Bleach - 1,184,000
Naruto - 1,112,000
Soul Eater - 900,000
Thundercats - 728,000
Symbiotic Titan - 658,000
Eureka Seven - 642,000
Tenchi Muyo GXP - 617,000
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood - 533,000
Cowboy Bebop - 564,000
Cowboy Bebop - 528,000
Inuyasha - 507,000
Inuyasha - 506,000

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/2013/03/adultswim-ratings-scorecard-week-of-march-18-2013/

Damn, hell of a drop off after Soul Eater. Guess everyone's figured out how shitty TCats is. I wonder why Soul Eater is so low. Was there some kind of game or fight last week?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oof, bit of a drop for Soul Eater this week.
Massive drop for ThunderCats. Maybe people learned last week was the MOST BORING EPISODE EVER! Or they know the ending is coming. Sucks it's being re-run.

Knowing what happens and re-watching the episodes leading up to it,
it's an asspull so massive that it probably caused anal bleeding.

You guys thought Tygra and Cheetara hooking up was out of nowhere? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Oof, bit of a drop for Soul Eater this week.
Massive drop for ThunderCats. Maybe people learned last week was the MOST BORING EPISODE EVER! Or they know the ending is coming. Sucks it's being re-run.

Knowing what happens and re-watching the episodes leading up to it,
it's an asspull so massive that it probably caused anal bleeding.

You guys thought Tygra and Cheetara hooking up was out of nowhere? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hopefully they move it down in the schedule and give us the ultimate giant robot power hour and a half of Titan, Eureka Seven and IGPX.

Bleach - 1,184,000
Naruto - 1,112,000
Soul Eater - 900,000
Thundercats - 728,000
Eureka Seven - 642,000
Cowboy Bebop - 564,000
Cowboy Bebop - 528,000
Inuyasha - 507,000
Inuyasha - 506,000

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/2013/03/adultswim-ratings-scorecard-week-of-march-18-2013/
I've felt like the weekly ratings were missing something, but I couldn't remember what. Now I remember: http://youtu.be/zsrwe0cxVWQ?t=1m22s

LycanXIII

Damn, hell of a drop off after Soul Eater. Guess everyone's figured out how shitty TCats is. I wonder why Soul Eater is so low. Was there some kind of game or fight last week?

Well, there was an hour of Loiter Squad on before it, and the weekend was full of basketball games.

Holy crap, midnight stays the same but damn Soul Eater.

Those games and Loiter Squad must've destroyed them. And Thundercats hurts but ouch.

Good, back to Boondocks next week and another good episode of Soul Eater, Kid's "first day." Episode
Nine
is gonna piss me off.

Bleach - 1,184,000
Naruto - 1,112,000
Soul Eater - 900,000
Thundercats - 728,000
Eureka Seven - 642,000
Cowboy Bebop - 564,000
Cowboy Bebop - 528,000
Inuyasha - 507,000
Inuyasha - 506,000

Tenchi must of put everyone to sleep and a few woke up for Bebop? :p
Speaking of Tenchi GXP.....where is this story going? I feel like the plot has advanced and not moved at all at the same time.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Speaking of Tenchi GXP.....where is this story going? I feel like the plot has advanced and not moved at all at the same time.

Who the hell knows. I'm not willing to make any predictions after that acid trip of an episode we say a few weeks ago. we'll be lucky if we don't all commit collective suicide by the end of the series.

BatDan

Tenchi must of put everyone to sleep and a few woke up for Bebop? :p

I was going to write a long joke post on how GXP is secretly genius and compare the characters to ones from classic literature or biblical texts, but I do not have it in me to waste that much faux-effort on garbage like that.

Personally I just hope it ends with a violent massacre.

Drago

If you want to know how GXP ends... [SPOILERS]

Seina gets into a wedding with Amane, Kiriko, Ryoko and Neju for political reasons under Juraian blessing. Tarant returns to try and eliminate him for good. Later on, Seina gets kidnapped by some of Lady Seto's court ladies as a political hostage during the wedding before he was eventually rescued.

fucking lol

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I actually think I'll avoid that spoiler. Maybe the shock value will be worth it.

i dunno

Avoid it at all costs. I've seen a screen cap of a part of the final episode and I almost had an aneurysm. You're better off getting mind fucked normally.

I was going to write a long joke post on how GXP is secretly genius and compare the characters to ones from classic literature or biblical texts, but I do not have it in me to waste that much faux-effort on garbage like that.

Personally I just hope it ends with a violent massacre.

Is that before or after Seina finally gets laid?

BatDan

He doesn't deserve it. If he hasn't gotten laid by now, he doesn't deserve to.

Seina: I am so unlucky. Nothing good ever happens to me.
All three women: Seina! We want to fuck your brains out!
Seina: Nothing good ever happens to me.
Me: *flips table*

Seda

In the future, when Toonami reruns a promo like the choices one, and we see clips of the long gone GXP, it will be remembered as the worst decision Toonami has made.

Oh man, that dude's voice is just made for epic recaps and openings.

haha I didn't even look at the name of the asker!

I wasn't aware that the show intro had a Cullen voiceover as the actual intro. I saw that response and was curious so I found the intro. Feels a bit nostalgic, even though I've never seen the show.

Cartoon Network has the hook-ups for their stuff! .......Well, had.

Yeah, i've never seen the show, but I thought the Peter Cullen thing was just a promo thing.
______________________________________________________________________________________________-
US/JP openings/endings/intros to the curious : IGPX Content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom