• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
What if tonight's review is Slender: The Arrival? It just came out and I've heard it's pretty short so perhaps they got it out?

What is this Gurren Lagann and why should I want to spend insane amounts of money? Not that I'm going to buy it as I'll wait for it to show up on TV or Netflix but what type of quality brings a company to release it for that much? After looking at YouTube I just didn't get it. I watched part of the first episode on YouTube and it seemed overly... jokey. Does the story get crazy good? Didn't want to browse Wiki too much as I may run into spoilers.

I did really like the first two Evangelion remake movies if it helps. That's about the only mech anime I've seen. Never saw the show.

BatDan

What is this Gurren Lagann and why should I want to spend insane amounts of money? Not that I'm going to buy it as I'll wait for it to show up on TV or Netflix but what type of quality brings a company to release it for that much? After looking at YouTube I just didn't get it. I watched part of the first episode on YouTube and it seemed overly... jokey. Does the story get crazy good? Didn't want to browse Wiki too much as I may run into spoilers.

I did really like the first two Evangelion remake movies if it helps. That's about the only mech anime I've seen. Never saw the show.

From what I can tell, Gurrenn Lagann is the complete opposite of Evangelion. Where the latter is a dark deconstruction of the genre, the former basks in its insanity, taking every possible mech trope and pushing it up to eleven.

Think of it as an anime version of Megas XLR, only even crazier and with a proper conclusion (damn you Cartoon Network).

Moaradin

I admit, I haven't seen it yet. Hell, I only just saw Evangelion a few weeks ago. Maybe I'll pick it up after I finish Brotherhood.

Seda

I haven't seen Gurren Lagann.

I haven't seen anything lol.

Even though I saw and loved shows like DBZ and Gundam Wing as a kid, I was never really into anime until recently, and I'm still pretty casual.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
From what I can tell, Gurrenn Lagann is the complete opposite of Evangelion. Where the latter is a dark deconstruction of the genre, the former basks in its insanity, taking every possible mech trope and pushing it up to eleven.

Think of it as an anime version of Megas XLR, only even crazier and with a proper conclusion (damn you Cartoon Network).

I dunno if it's really crazier than MEGAS. It's more a different kind of crazy. Gurren Laggan is about how much awesome can be packed into a single 30 min episode and then how to one up it next episode.

Seda

What the fuck...

image.php

(This is a great avatar by the way)

BatDan

I'm curious what Adult Swim will do this Monday for April Fool's. I hope it's not The Room again, that movie has gotten tiring. Can't believe it's turning 10 this year.

BatDan

I've been trucking through the manga.
Finished the Christmas Fight to the Death arc. Maka giving in to the black blood was crazy. Asura looks awesome, and we got to see Lord Death kick ass. Also, Stein being Stein.

Yes, pretty epic Kid episode tonight......

Meanwhile, LiveAction Network's ratings and my feelings drop as The Wizard of Oz broadcasts.

Finished the Christmas Fight to the Death arc. Maka giving in to the black blood was crazy. Asura looks awesome, and we got to see Lord Death kick ass. Also, Stein being Stein.

And it's the exact same in the show.

" Oooooooo, He Flew! "

LycanXIII

And it's the exact same in the show.

Raxus

*checks* ... Wow, they're actually airing The Wizard of Oz. That's just bizarre.

At least it is a good movie I suppose. Better than some of the live action crap they showed and they showed some pretty dreadful stuff. I miss when they would take a day to just show the Iron Giant.

I kind of spoiled myself for the Kid episode tonight :(

Jintor

The manga's art is lolwhat

so glad I saw the anime first. Wouldn't ahve stuck with it otherwise.

It doesn't help whoever did the translations I'm reading probably translated from chinese to english or something.

Seda

I've always been pretty good at avoiding spoilers and not succumbing to the desire to "watch ahead'. I'm really liking Soul Eater, but I'm watching it here. I find that more fun than marathoning. Also my reactions here are more genuine I suppose.

LycanXIII

I've always been pretty good at avoiding spoilers and not succumbing to the desire to "watch ahead'. I'm really liking Soul Eater, but I'm watching it here. I find that more fun than marathoning. Also my reactions here are more genuine I suppose.

Oh, you'll love episode 9 then.

FOOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom