• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrovex

Starting at Episode 1, with 2 eps a week at minimum, is the only way to do it. If they couldn't do that, they shouldn't have even bothered.

Agreed. Toonami can always skip the filler episodes and stick to the manga-related episodes too. One Piece is not a show to start mid-way through, especially right before the Water 7 arc.

Though, starting at the arc where the crew picked up Sanji wouldn't be bad either. The show starts to pick up around that point. People shouldn't skip the Alabastia arc though; that arc was so damn good.

IGPX re-airing? Ooooooo, said they couldn't air it, so they get it. Nice one.

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/46385114366/april-27th-why-should-you-care-about-april-27th

APRIL 27TH.
Why should you care about April 27th? Two reasons:
1. On April 27th, Toonami will relaunch with a new TOM, a new Absolution, and a new on-air look. We’ll share more details our new look as we get closer to that date!
2. IGPX IS COMING BACK!!
No, really. Thanks to our incredibly generous partners, thanks to a lot of folks doing a lot of paperwork, and thanks to the very unique and complex structure of the IGPX production deal, we were able to bring the show out of retirement so you guys can see it again, or for the first time!
Couple points: We will be very slightly shuffling the lineup to fit IGPX. We’ll announce that exact schedule closer to the 27th. It will most likely involve removing one episode of Bebop, taking us to a half hour weekly. Also, for those Megas XLR fans out there wondering if this means we can bring back Megas…. we can’t, sorry. Simply put, it’s a very different animal, and the exact elements that made IGPX’s return possible are not in place for Megas.
ANYWAY! We’re very excited to re-air, for the first time, Toonami’s only original series, and one we’re very proud of! We hope you guys enjoy it.

Watch this space in the coming month for more details about TOM 5, The new Absolution, the Toonami comic, the lineup for April 27th, and when One Piece is finally coming!
WE WILL NEVER STOP
Love, the Toonami crew.

Time to stick onto the Tumblr now...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Water 7/Enis Lobby is better than Alabasta and Arlong. That Robin flashback ;_;

While I agree wholeheartedly with that I doubt they'd start that late considering they just finished releasing season 5 and are getting 6 out there soon.

I think right at the beginning of Skypeia is a good compromise.

Drago

Are there any recap movies for One Piece? Maybe they can do something like that if they start further in.
There's the Arlong TV special mentioned a few posts up and a movie that summarizes all of Alabasta. Maybe others that I can't think of right now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's the Arlong TV special mentioned a few posts up and a movie that summarizes all of Alabasta. Maybe others that I can't think of right now.

The Chopper movie. But that isn't localized and has a bunch of shit that doesn't fit in that story.

Seda

ss1JiXr.png

wkygQxL.png

Seda

I have never really seen GitS.

When Toonami first came back, I wasn't paying attention to the second season because I wanted to start from the beginning.

It finished, and when it started over I was actually paying attention and I was enjoying it. Then they removed it part way through :/

I'd be happy if they brought it back.

Something has to give here - we're simply running out of time for all these shows. Where does One Piece end up? Does Inuyasha lose an airing too? Maybe FMA:B gets a break?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Random question: was Bokurano any good? It seems like a cool/freaky concept but the anime is by Gonzo... =/

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
mightynine said:
Something has to give here - we're simply running out of time for all these shows. Where does One Piece end up? Does Inuyasha lose an airing too? Maybe FMA:B gets a break?

12 - Bleach
12.5 - Naruto
1 - Soul Eater
1.5 - One Piece
2 - IGPX
2.5 - Eureka seveN
3 - ???????????
3.5 - Thundercats
4 - Sym-Bionic Titan
4.5 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
5 - Cowboy Bebop
5.5 - Inuyasha