• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Exosist, Fate/Zero, Sword Art Online, Magi, and Gurren Lagann would all be good fits. Madoka Magica is fantastic, but might alienate Toonami's demographic. Oreimo(borderline incest at times), Vividred Operation(underage ass shots: the anime), and Oreshura (boring Harem bullshit) are hilarious options that I'm not sure why they're even on there. I'll personally pick Fate/Zero, even though it's a prequel to a series that never aired on Toonami. It still works as a stand alone series.

the original Tenchi shows Toonami has no problem with incest

i'm joking, but seriously that always weirded me out

Jintor said:
Gurren Lagann is seriously the absolute perfect fit for Toonami.

i think the "perfect fit" would probably be something newer, to be honest. or at least something not readily available on stuff like Netflix.

Jintor

I hear Blue Exorcist and Fate/Zero are okay, and Madoka Magica would be great though it takes some time to work up to where it goes, but TTGL puts its foot on the gas the god-damned second it hits and never, ever stops. (Exce[t for the shitty recap episode in the middle)

Already seen Soul Eater so more Tenchi Muyo ain't bad. Already missed several episodes. Will have to catch up soon.

tumblr_lzvm2aKvXq1r3ovdbo1_400.gif

kewlmyc

I hear Blue Exorcist and Fate/Zero are okay, and Madoka Magica would be great though it takes some time to work up to where it goes, but TTGL puts its foot on the gas the god-damned second it hits and never, ever stops. (Exce[t for the shitty recap episode in the middle)
Gurren Lagann is one of my favorite anime series of all time and is a great fit, but already aired on Sci-Fi. I think something that has yet to air on American TV would be better.

Aniplex is having a Facebook poll on what series you would most like to see on Toonami!

Options are:
Blue Exorcist
Fate/Zero
Madoka Magica
Sword Art Online
Magi
Oreimo
Vividred Operation
Blast of Tempest
Oreshura
Gurren Lagann

Fate/Zero is winning.

Bolded the ones I think would fit best with Toonami's style. I've seen BE and SAO all the way through, so I'm hopeful for Gurren Lagann. Lord help us if SAO wins. I really enjoyed the show (despite some second season misgivings) but this thread will deteriorate into another hatred thread much like the one for the show did.

Necrovex

Fate/Zero is more than ok, it was the best anime in 2012, and the second best in 2011 (Madoka being the reign champion in '11).

serplux

Id like to see Gurren Lagann, though that's a little too much like E7 and ive already seen it. Maybe Blue Excorcist. Anything really as long as it's not Oreimo. *shiver*

I actually found Oreimo to be a pretty decent show. There's no way in hell I'd want it to air on Toonami except for the lols, but it's a pretty good romantic comedy.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I watch all of Toonami every week including Bleach, TCats, S7, and GXP, so yes. :p

serplux

A romcom....about a brother and sister. No thanks.

Meh, the incest subtext, while present, doesn't have a ton of focus. It's more about her otakuness and how her brother has to deal with that. The rom com is with the other characters, who are all decently interesting. Again, not a Toonami thing. On the topic of that, I'm looking forward to watching the Soul Eater dub again, I found it to be one of the better ones out there.

kewlmyc

Eureka 7 AO? lol
I thought it was good other than the last 2 or so episodes.

Meh, the incest subtext, while present, doesn't have a ton of focus. It's more about her otakuness and how her brother has to deal with that. The rom com is with the other characters, who are all decently interesting. Again, not a Toonami thing. On the topic of that, I'm looking forward to watching the Soul Eater dub again, I found it to be one of the better ones out there.

I found Patty to be unbearable in it, but other than that it was pretty good.

So the original plan for Soul Eater was 1:30. Should they have left it there or is 1am the better choice?

mitalca35 Asked: Toonami crew, I'm noticing some inconsistencies. The promos and schedule say Soul Eater will be at 1am, but on the Toonami splash page, it lists it at 1:30. Even more strange, last night, there was a bump that said "Soul Eater: Saturday at 1:30am" - all of this is making my wee little otaku brain so confused...

It’s 1am. The decision was made to move it up and it didn’t trickle down the chain quick enough, sorry!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Soul Eater makes more sense at 1am. You get all the shonen shows up front and keep that demographics sticking around.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Soul Eater makes more sense at 1am. You get all the shonen shows up front and keep that demographics sticking around.

You are right. Soul Eater feels similar enough to Bleach to get that demo to stick around another half hour. Titan is after that right? Once they all see it they should be sticking around for that too, especially considering next week's is insane with the action.

Jintor

Gurren Lagann is one of my favorite anime series of all time and is a great fit, but already aired on Sci-Fi. I think something that has yet to air on American TV would be better.

I don't really give a shit what aired or didn't air. I just know what I want to watch with a chat going bonkers wild and this thread flowing at top speed.

I actually found Oreimo to be a pretty decent show. There's no way in hell I'd want it to air on Toonami except for the lols, but it's a pretty good romantic comedy.

If we're going to get a romcom it should be toradora :|

Raxus

I can't wait for you all to experience the pain of the Titan finale.

YOU WILL ALL KNOW MY PAIN! I BLAME YOU ALL!

Sorry, sorry I get very vindictive over the fate of this and Terriers.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I can't wait for you all to experience the pain of the Titan finale.

YOU WILL ALL KNOW MY PAIN! I BLAME YOU ALL!

Sorry, sorry I get very vindictive over the fate of this and Terriers.

God don't remind me it's over. I still think it is just taking a long time to make the next season. It's the only way I don't cry myself to sleep on Saturdays.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
New show this weekend, new OT, new GIFs.

iKdAgQLCPdP5T.gif

iPSzV8mtmwSBC.gif

Podcast *should* be ready tonight.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ToonamiGAF Transmission #001 (possibly tentative title) is out. :)

Download the MP3

Watch on YouTube

789shadow hosts, with Raxus, BatDan, Novid, and myself fleshing out the roster. Keep in mind it's a first effort, and it's kinda my fault some of the voices are low/muffled at times, but I think this is the start of something good. Credit to Assault Master for the ToonamiGAF banner image.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Sword Art Online was good/okay until ep 14 or so then it turned into complete, unforgivable horseshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom