• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I think they had confirmed that already. Or perhaps we just speculated exactly that, either way, it's now clear why Eureka 7 is on the block.
Yeah, they have said that before. Basically it's there because they're fans of the show and the situation presented itself that they could bring it in virtually for free.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Kai is amazing. Does actual abridging but in the true sense of the word. Fantastic dub to boot.

I still consider CN letting Nick get that as one of their bigger blunders of the decade, second only to CN Real and maybe killing Toonami.

Raxus

For real, they do DBZ better than the actual show.

I think it is a huge reason people are loving DBZ again forgetting how slow the series could be at points even during exciting arcs. I distinctly remember how long it took Goku to show up on Namek. In abridged he departs, Muffin Button! and he is there. They didn't show the meteor and the god awful space station. Didn't the fake Namek last for 2-3 episodes?

Sorry this is so scattered. I loved DBZ up to the Cell Saga but man did it move slow at times.

Speaking of abridged I hope we see a new Kai abridged soon. I assume it is coming when Frieza is put down for good.

Seda

For real, they do DBZ better than the actual show.

I literally watched through the whole thing yesterday (I'm sitting here in a lab doing boring stuff that leaves me with a lot of downtime) and I'm surprised all the continuity in jokes that are played on and referenced back to. For example, Episode 14 (April 2010) has Frieza numbering the "heroic speech lines" that he has heard, and then way later in Episode 27 (March 2012) there's a small reference to that when Goku first confronts Frieza. I didn't catch it when watching the episodes as they released.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I literally watched through the whole thing yesterday (I'm sitting here in a lab doing boring stuff that leaves me with a lot of downtime) and I'm surprised all the continuity in jokes that are played on and referenced back to. For example, Episode 14 (April 2010) has Frieza numbering the "heroic speech lines" that he has heard, and then way later in Episode 27 (March 2012) there's a small reference to that when Goku first confronts Frieza. I didn't catch it when watching the episodes as they released.

There's also the muffin button continuity, and goku holding a grudge against piccolo for taking so long to charge up against raditz. XD

There's been a few throwbacks with Vegeta, too.

Also, references to Dragon Ball: there's a comedy scene (when Yamcha is talking with Bulma through king kai IIRC) and Tien breaks his leg, and yamcha goes "Ow, my good leg!" This is in reference to when Tien broke Yamcha's leg at the 22nd Tenkaichi Budokai

Seda

Also, references to Dragon Ball: there's a comedy scene (when Yamcha is talking with Bulma through king kai IIRC) and Tien breaks his leg, and yamcha goes "Ow, my good leg!" This is in reference to when Tien broke Yamcha's leg at the 22nd Tenkaichi Budokai

Neat, I didn't know this one. I blitzed through Dragonball once a long time ago, and honestly I don't remember a lot of it haha.

Raxus

Neat, I didn't know this one. I blitzed through Dragonball once a long time ago, and honestly I don't remember a lot of it haha.

Should watch it again in short bursts. One of my favorite series. Funny, good action and all the characters play a role in the story.

Seda

I get the Ben 10 toy commercials about once a night. And it always runs after Sim-Bionic Titan.

Really? Mine are first at the break during Eureka 7, you know, because BANDAI. Like clockwork.

I'm putting links to the podcasts in the 2nd post too.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One of my favorite parts of DBZ Abridged is how it mocks certain aspects of the old dubs. Like calling Dende "Little Green" and Nail "Big Green", Piccolo's speedy line about Saiyans becoming monkeys, Piccolo's motivational speech (complete with Bruce Faulconer music) and Bardock mentioning that he's working on this "fake moon thing".

LycanXIII

ToonamiFaithful doesn't have the image posted, but here's what was posted on the AS site.

Bleach: 1,241,000
Naruto: 1,132,000
Soul Eater: 920,000
Thundercats: 852,000
Sym-Bionic Titan: 742,000
Eureka 7: 633,000
Tenchi Muyo! GXP: 574,000
FMA: Brotherhood: 548,000
Cowboy Bebop: 511,000
Cowboy Bebop: 513,000
Inuyasha: 486,000
Inuyasha: 500,000

789shadow

Banned
ToonamiFaithful doesn't have the image posted, but here's what was posted on the AS site.

I forget if this is good or not.

Seda

Improvement from last week.

LycanXIII

Compared to 2/9, going by timeslot EST

Bleach (12): -67k
Naruto (1230): -26k
TCats/SE (1): -45k
S7/TCats (130): -21k
SBT (2): -81k
E7 (230): -103k
GXP (3): -143k
FMA (330): -156k
CB1 (4): -231k
CB2 (430): -238k
Inu (5): -199k
Inu (530): -150k

That is if I did my math right.

Edit: I didn't.

Compared to 2/9, going by timeslot EST

Bleach (12): -67k
Naruto (1230): -26k
TCats/SE (1): -45k
S7/TCats (130): -21k
SBT (2): -81k
E7 (230): -103k
GXP (3): -143k
FMA (330): -156k
CB1 (4): -231k
CB2 (430): -238k
Inu (5): -199k
Inu (530): -150k

That is if I did my math right.

I'm pretty sure those are the ratings for 2/2

These were the ratings for 2/9

CDczbgp.png

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Correction: podcast will be up tomorrow. Sorry all. It won't take nearly as long next time.

This is my first time seeing a ratings list for Toonami but to me it looks like it doesn't even depend on what show is on, more over what time it's on. When I saw the latest ratings I see that the numbers are at the highest and just drop as the hours go on. I'm not surprised because ppl usually go to sleep while watching and it just drops. It's just weird because Soul Eater is a new show and the ratings just kept going with its flow regardless of it being new to Toonami.

Do the ratings usually have that descending pattern as time goes on?

789shadow

Banned
This is my first time seeing a ratings list for Toonami but to me it looks like it doesn't even depend on what show is on, more over what time it's on. When I saw the latest ratings I see that the numbers are at the highest and just drop as the hours go on. I'm not surprised because ppl usually go to sleep while watching and it just drops. It's just weird because Soul Eater is a new show and the ratings just kept going with its flow regardless of it being new to Toonami.

Do the ratings usually have that descending pattern as time goes on?
Generally, unless you have a ratings cancer like GXP followed by something like FMA or Cowboy Bebop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom