• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's almost reality defying.

"There's no way it can get worse than this episode" ---> *next episode is worse*

It's like the writers just didn't care.
Even if the next episode actually has Tenchi, it won't matter, it's going to suck anyway.

worth noting that the highest ever premiere for a show was Naruto, 30 minutes earlier and infinitely more recognized, at just 925,000

7c7447eccace429a24c0b8bc93cf9f9d.600x

BatDan

We would have missed you buddy.

If ToonamiGAF survived Casshern, we can survive this.

Right?

From what I'm reading, this will be different.
Casshern was depressing and sad.
GXP will induce RAGE.

Tables will be flipped, faces will be palmed, heads will meet desks, and fists will meet walls.

BatDan

Shit, I just figured out why GXP is so tonally different from the other Tenchi series. I learned it was directed by Shinichi Watanabe, the same guy behind Excel Saga. That explains a lot.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm exporting as OGG Vorbis. I guess that's right?

Yupperoni. Sorry I forgot to mention that. :p

Audacity does that so that it can keep your raw uncompressed audio always on disk in case your PC plug is pulled or something. The .aup files basically just tells it where the data is.

789shadow

Banned
Yupperoni. Sorry I forgot to mention that. :p

Audacity does that so that it can keep your raw uncompressed audio always on disk in case your PC plug is pulled or something. The .aup files basically just tells it where the data is.
I can't send it to you via e-mail, it's too big. At least I can't with G-mail. Let me try another one.

cryptic

Wow, I'm a person who loves hnk, saint seiya, and all other manly man animes from the 90s and hates moe style stuff to the point of preventing me from watching anime anymore, but I enjoy GXP very much.

Jintor

GXP isn't moe (even disregarding that fact that it's shit). It's closer to ecchi if anything. Mainly it's just shit though.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
worth noting that the highest ever premiere for a show was Naruto, 30 minutes earlier and infinitely more recognized, at just 925,000

"Highest ever?" Out of what? 7 shows over 8 months?

Shit, I just figured out why GXP is so tonally different from the other Tenchi series. I learned it was directed by Shinichi Watanabe, the same guy behind Excel Saga. That explains a lot.
You didn't know that? That obnoxious ball robot is even named NB for Nabeshin and is actually voiced by him in the Japanese version. So just remember, that annoying ball of shit is, in fact, the director of the show himself.

BatDan

You didn't know that? That obnoxious ball robot is even named NB for Nabeshin and is actually voiced by him in the Japanese version. So just remember, that annoying ball of shit is, in fact, the director of the show himself.

Ooooooh... ugh I suddenly feel dirty.

Seda

Thanks for this.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Wow, I'm a person who loves hnk, saint seiya, and all other manly man animes from the 90s and hates moe style stuff to the point of preventing me from watching anime anymore, but I enjoy GXP very much.

I don't think GXP is horrible when taken in the right light, but I don't hate Tenchi in Tokyo or Universe either. If anything, Tenchi Forever was probably the property in the line that I felt the most "eh" about, not because it was BAD, but because it felt disconnected from everything else about the series...

At the time I saw GXP on DVD, I had fun with it. It was a nice way to see some of my Fav Tenchi world elements, with a new character cast surrounding it. I also really enjoyed Excel Saga, so having something else near that same mark was welcome.

I think I dislike what came after GXP in aime (the huge amount of modern anime which is so concentratedly pervy and just based around breast bounce, mysterious fluids, shameless camerawork, and stories that REALLY think they can be taken seriously, even with all the junk around it), rather than GXP itself. At least it has the decency to realize that it's all stupid, and never try to pretend it's some high-class, super quality show.

Awkwardly, this all makes me realize that I'd love to see a game based around Tenchi Muyo, that does for it's franchice, what the Ultimate Ninja Storm games do for Naruto. Distill all the awkward moments, clear out most of the stuff the "shonen" audience could care less about, and just focus a game on character strengths, abilities, and bringing out their personalities within their attacks, and over-amped story segments. It'd probably be the only way to get the "All action, all the Time!" Tenchi experience that Classic Toonami fans think of the series, and I'd love to see how some group like CyberConnect 2 would illustrate the power of Lighthawk Wings, Ryoko's Gem abilities, and the fighting styles of their universe...

BatDan

According to the Bleach wiki, next week's episode is filler. BUT it's an alternate universe story where everyone enters the world of Aladdin (or Magi if you so prefer). Similar to the Boss Luffy episodes of One Piece.

So... it may not completely suck?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Podcast is being cranked out as we speak. Movie Maker is slow...

Anyways it seems like there might be site maintenance tonight at 3:30. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom