• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

I'd rather we not talk about Naruto manga in here, I'd rather not get spoiled :x

I'm only at Pain arc and apparently everything goes downhill from here but still.

Perhaps I'm just being selfish.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I'd rather we not talk about Naruto manga in here, I'd rather not get spoiled :x

I'm only at Pain arc and apparently everything goes downhill from here but still.

Perhaps I'm just being selfish.

I don't want to talk about this either, but, well, I fear the rage will be too much to be contained.

Seda

LrCN2nM.png

That One Piece drop.

That Thundercats/SBT bump?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Not surprised about the drop in One Piece. The episode was awful. I wish Soul Eater would have done a million. Last week's episode was hilarious.

A shame to see a drop off for One Piece this week, but it was a holiday weekend which can screw up with the ratings in some ways. Hopefully it will recover this coming week.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, don't panic over the ratings of one week, if IGPX is still on the slate, nothing is getting pulled after a one week dip.

Tenumi

Banned
Holidays are annoying for TV ratings. Hopefully they are back up next week.

I haven't watched a single bit of One Piece before 207 and it didn't scare me off.... yet.

Seda

If my memory serves me well (although acknowledging this was my much younger self) this part of Naruto coming up was the first part I actually enjoyed on my first watch. I didn't care for the Zabuza stuff very much (and still didn't). I don't mean I was enamored by it or anything, I just genuinely enjoyed it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*calms down* This is just household. As long as the demographic is good then we're good.

... This is why they should have started at the beginning.

Well, people have lost the Toonami/Filler Taste. Ratings are hitting the bottom.

ALSO, freakin' TV Tokyo & Sony started to dig through my videos and took a nosedive.

1b31171ecda734dc83b4.png

f0a8983476b76e7a7e95.png

R.I.P Toonami Openings. Also Seda, that means you gotta remove the video from the ToonamiGAF logo.

Bio-Frost

This is getting ridiculous. We shouldn't have to worry this much about ratings. I think as long as Toonami continues to do better than Adult Swim Action did things will be fine. Once Nielsen starts counting twitter trends we shouldn't have to worry about it again.

Seda

This is getting ridiculous. We shouldn't have to worry this much about ratings. I think as long as Toonami continues to do better than Adult Swim Action did things will be fine. Once Nielsen starts counting twitter trends we shouldn't have to worry about it again.

I don't actually worry about the ratings. It's just interesting to me to see them.

Also, Nielsen announced they soon will be counting viewings on network websites (somehow), but CN/[as] was not one of the initial networks.

And honestly, total numbers might not mean a corresponding drop in the demo.

And look, it did well in some of AS's key demos:

Saturday night new episodes of One Piece (1 a.m.) ranked #1 in its time period among adults 18-24 and men 18-24/18-34, while Soul Eater (1:30 a.m.) ranked #1 in its time period among adults 18-24 & 18-34 and all key men, and Naruto (12:30 a.m.) ranked #1 in its timeslot among men 18-24. New episodes of all TOONAMI block show premieres earned mostly double-digit gains across key adults and men vs. the same time period last year.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
And look, it did well in some of AS's key demos:
Saturday night new episodes of One Piece (1 a.m.) ranked #1 in its time period among adults 18-24 and men 18-24/18-34, while Soul Eater (1:30 a.m.) ranked #1 in its time period among adults 18-24 & 18-34 and all key men, and Naruto (12:30 a.m.) ranked #1 in its timeslot among men 18-24. New episodes of all TOONAMI block show premieres earned mostly double-digit gains across key adults and men vs. the same time period last year.

There's the key right there. "The same time period last year" was the debut of the new Toonami.

Memorial Day Weekend always wreaks havoc on the ratings, happens every year. These are pretty all over the place, though.

I'm expecting One Piece to kind of bounce around ratings-wise for a while. It's not going to find a consistent audience until it gets into Water 7, so as long as it stays in the general ballpark and doesn't bring down Soul Eater (which seems to be doing well as its own draw), it will stay where it is for the time being.

Another huge drop for IGPX this week too, though not as big as last week.

Well, people have lost the Toonami/Filler Taste. Ratings are hitting the bottom.

ALSO, freakin' TV Tokyo & Sony started to dig through my videos and took a nosedive.

R.I.P Toonami Openings. Also Seda, that means you gotta remove the video from the ToonamiGAF logo.

Well shit. Guess that means we can finally update the footage

Those ratings are blah. Shouldn't have started at the worst canon arc. Hopefully it can hold out until Water 7, but that's still an entire half year away :(. The ratings will likely continue to drop, at least for the new few weeks. Really hoping there will still be people left when we reach the best arc.

This series deserves to succeed in America, and this is the best shot its got.

while i am saying Memorial Day played hell with the ratings, i don't think that necessarily applies to IGPX since it's seen this kind of loss on what's getting to be a regular basis. while losing to THREE SHOWS that were on afterwards could be the result of the holiday, i doubt it. and it's getting sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom