• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LycanXIII

LrCN2nM.png

That One Piece drop.

That Thundercats/SBT bump?

Last year for comparison.
1304f80fd29863a45c08c4b3bfe5a99d.png

Bleach lost to itself, One Piece lost to Casshern, IGPX lost to GitS, and of course Bebop beat E7, but everything else is good.

Hey guys lets start OP 200 episodes in and start on an episode that references stuff most of our audience hasn't seen, that'll be GREAT for ratings :/

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It is amusing that the list of Sunrise content being sold includes every single bit of dubbed Gundam except for G Gundam!

Hell it even has one show that was supposed to come out early this year before they shuttered their operations over here.

I smell a conspiracy! Or maybe Toonami already made a backdoor deal to get a show that didn't run well at the height of anime's popularity in the US just to make me happy!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Hey guys lets start OP 200 episodes in and start on an episode that references stuff most of our audience hasn't seen, that'll be GREAT for ratings :/

Maybe an angry American cursed Oda so that One Piece can't enjoy massive success in North America?

Tamanon

Banned

I'm not entirely sure it was Adult Swim's decision.

Plus, early One Piece really wouldn't bring in many folks either, it's pretty boring the first season or so.

Plus, early One Piece really wouldn't bring in many folks either, it's pretty boring the first season or so.

Better to start where everyone can understand then start where everyone is going to get confused and quit

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

As I understand it, it was a mutual choice, the HDness of 207 was the tipping point versus other starting points.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also the rest of OP before 207 is available online for free in the US or in the form of very reasonably priced DVD sets.

Lol yeah, i'd recommend to ease up on the Openings. They are less likely to bother you but wait a bit. My 3rd strike was likely due to some douche that started to pick up and fall through my videos.

Doesn't mean it's gonna make me get rid of the collection.
7008ebddeef63ef72235.png

Guess Andrex, BatDan and the others can get my position again. HOWEVER, I will still provide some GFX/Videos if needed.

Jintor

That opening is pretty rad actually. I think it's got pretty good editing too.

Although the thing I like best about it is that Gold Roger says "I left everything I own... in ONE PIECE" DUN DUN TITLE DROP SNAAAAAAAKE EATTTERRRRRRRRRRR

That opening is pretty rad actually. I think it's got pretty good editing too.

Although the thing I like best about it is that Gold Roger says "I left everything I own... in ONE PIECE" DUN DUN TITLE DROP SNAAAAAAAKE EATTTERRRRRRRRRRR

It doesn't really make sense though based upon what we learn later.

Jintor

Didn't he still leave all his crap at the island at the end of the grand line? I mean, I know he didn't actually say that, but whatever, it's an expository anime opening. They can lie

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Didn't he still leave all his crap at the island at the end of the grand line? I mean, I know he didn't actually say that, but whatever, it's an expository anime opening. They can lie

We don't really know what's on Raftel if anything actually is.

Drago

We don't really know what's on Raftel if anything actually is.

But didn't Whitebeard say One Piece is real? Was it a lie or something? I took a break at the time skip and still haven't watched Fishman Island so if they explain something after that...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
But didn't Whitebeard say One Piece is real? Was it a lie or something? I took a break at the time skip and still haven't watched Fishman Island so if they explain something after that...

When they talked to Rayleigh he offered to tell then what was at the end, but Luffy didn't want him to. He never said there was a treasure or anything, just that he could tell them what was waiting for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom