• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I'm on my phone and won't know if ill be able to burrow my cousin's laptop before toonami starts, so I won't be able to post as fast as I wanted which sucks for my 1st toonami night with gaf

On one hand I'm glad Big O is coming back to the lineup. On the other hand, it's 3:30 am, I probably won't be able to make it :(

If it were on earlier I'd definitely watch it again.

foxuzamaki

I feel like it's fate my account got accepted on a Saturday haha. Isn't today the day SAO starts?
Haha I just got appproved a day or 2 ago
And yup
And while I'm on the subject, I'm shocked at how fast I got approved, literally 2 daysb afterwards, and this is after my friend said there's problems with at&t signing up here

I feel like it's fate my account got accepted on a Saturday haha. Isn't today the day SAO starts?

Likewise, haha.

And yes, I do believe today is the start of SAO. It's been a while since Toonami put something on I truly enjoyed (not a OP fan, Deadman Wonderland was probably the last new series I liked), so here's hoping the dub is worthwhile.

mhs004

And yes, I do believe today is the start of SAO. It's been a while since Toonami put something on I truly enjoyed (not a OP fan, Deadman Wonderland was probably the last new series I liked), so here's hoping the dub is worthwhile.

Deadman was really great try out Future Diary(Mirrai Nikki) when you have the chance it gave me deadman vibes. I myself am a hug OP fan wait until the next arc its going to be cray.

foxuzamaki

You didn't like casshern sins? And I remember reading the mirai nikki manga back in 2008 or so, it took years before it got adapted into an anime, I felt like such a hipster

mhs004

You didn't like casshern sins? And I remember reading the mirai nikki manga back in 2008 or so, it took years before it got adapted into an anime, I felt like such a hipster

I've read some of the manga myself, I think it would be a good show for toonami actually but they will need to censor some of it.

Deadman was really great try out Future Diary(Mirrai Nikki) when you have the chance it gave me deadman vibes. I myself am a hug OP fan wait until the next arc its going to be cray.

I've seen bits and pieces from Future Diary, and it certainly looks interesting enough. It's just the kind of crazy I want to see!

I absolutely hated CS. The animation style did nothing for me, and the story and characters did not interest me in the slightest. I made it through about 10 episodes before I had to give up.

Oh god newbies, run for the hills!

That seems to happen to me, regardless of how long I've been on a forum. I think it's the smell. I really should do something about that...

Seda

Bummed I have to miss the first night of the new line up :(

Also I wonder when then'll announce Eureka's replacement. The schedule goes out two weeks, and there's only 2 episodes left (not including tonight) so the schedule could out it next week unless DeMarco is actually careful this time.

foxuzamaki

So I'm one of the few who stays up through all of toonami, watching both inyuasha episode, am I the only newbie who will be doing this?

Tenumi

Banned
I wonder how late I can stay up tonight? I've got One Piece, Soul Eater, and SAO on record just in case.

It feels so weird not being a newbie anymore....

Trying to squeeze in the last 4 episodes of Big O season 1 and this weeks Attack on Titan episode before toonami starts.

So I'm one of the few who stays up through all of toonami, watching both inyuasha episode, am I the only newbie who will be doing this?

I guess we'll find out tonight! Most of the vets don't even stick around for Inuyasha, usually it's Schadenfreude, Dr. Palutena, Seda, thetechkid and occasionally Raxus. I stayed up for half of the first episode last week so Schadenfreude wouldn't be talking to himself but had to bail and get some sleep lol.

I absolutely hated CS. The animation style did nothing for me, and the story and characters did not interest me in the slightest. I made it through about 10 episodes before I had to give up.

Grumpy-Cat.jpg

nah, from what I get from others it's a love/hate show. I really enjoyed it though.

Eh, I usually stay up late naturally. I watch on and off, usually Bleach, Naruto, FMA, and Cowboy Bebop. I was watching Thundercats/Symbiotic Titan during their runs, too. Inuyasha depends on how little sleep I want the next day, haha.

I'll definitely be watching SAO tonight though.

Grumpy-Cat.jpg

nah, from what I get from others it's a love/hate show. I really enjoyed it though.

You don't happen to know me from another site, do you? I use a grumpy cat avatar there, lol.

Anyway, I know a few people who consider CS to be a masterpiece of art and anime, so I try not to be too negative about it towards them. I tend to be a fairly harsh critic though. Very few series escape my wrath. :p

You don't happen to know me from another site, do you? I use a grumpy cat avatar there, lol.

Anyway, I know a few people who consider CS to be a masterpiece of art and anime, so I try not to be too negative about it towards them. I tend to be a fairly harsh critic though. Very few series escape my wrath. :p

I do actually (hint, look at the number in my username :p )

Man God

Non-Canon Member
E7 is one they can't rerun and there's no way they'll give another episode to any of the shows besides maaaybe Naruto.

I think it likely goes:

1. FLCL- Short and perfect schedule filler.
2. GitS - They seemingly have the rights for this forever ala Bebop and Inuyasha.

Then it gets weird: I don't think its something new; if they had something new to run they probably would have gone with it first instead of Big O Season 2 this week.

It could be an Adult Swim classic or another Funimation channel castoff.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I will for SAO what time is it? Yea I love the Big O so I'll watch it to I guess. I'll hold off HxH for a bit.

SAO comes on at 2 AM Eastern, 1 AM Central. Big O is 3:30 Eastern, 2:30 Central.
Hunter x Hunter is... not on Toonami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom