• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

i really don't see what people like so much about this show.

Atmosphere + Steve Blum as mecha piloting Batman + the intrigue about the structure of their world. We begin with what just seems to be domed Manhattan and think its rooted more in a normal world then get drip fed hints that the world is actually way stranger than that.

Ponn

Banned
Why wouldn't they be? Big O just got license rescued today, and Funimation will surely be picking up Eureka given that they already have its sequel series.

Haven't heard that, good news. I still have my doubts if they would bother doing bluray releases. I had my doubts they were going to even bother finishing releasing E7 on dvd. You keep mentioning this sequel series for E7, you cray cray man.

Really wish Ippo would get a good push somewhere, think it would fit perfect in Toonami block. Won't even bother dreaming about Yakitate Japan. Good lord I could just see Toonami-Gaf with that one.

Seda

Miles is another one of my favorite more minor characters. He never really gets a spotlight but I just dig the guy.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Atmosphere + Steve Blum as mecha piloting Batman + the intrigue about the structure of their world. We begin with what just seems to be domed Manhattan and think its rooted more in a normal world then get drip fed hints that the world is actually way stranger than that.

It was an absolutely gorgeous looking show when it first debuted and from a style perspective has yet to be matched in anime.

Story is a bit rough around the edges and it could have used a real ending but I look at it this way; season 2 was already playing with borrowed money.

Azure J

It was an absolutely gorgeous looking show when it first debuted and from a style perspective has yet to be matched in anime.

Story is a bit rough around the edges and it could have used a real ending but I look at it this way; season 2 was already playing with borrowed money.

This too. Hitoshi Ariga and the animation team's set pieces and character designs are a doozy and withstand the test of time like few anime have or can.

Brotherhood is so good btw. Looks like I'm watching all of Toonami tonight at this rate.

Seda

When I first watched this I didn't realize how long the Chimera guys were going to stick around. I assumed they be in a few episodes and then out of the picture, but they're around until the end. They even play some key roles.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
When I first watched this I didn't realize how long the Chimera guys were going to stick around. I assumed they be in a few episodes and then out of the picture, but they're around until the end. They even play some key roles.

yeah the author didnt waste any of her characters really

but the story for the majority of these episodes is forgettable at best and total nonsense at worst. the action and some of the character interactions help, but to me i don't see how they put the show at anything other than "alright"

thetechkid

but the story for the majority of these episodes is forgettable at best and total nonsense at worst. the action and some of the character interactions help, but to me i don't see how they put the show at anything other than "alright"

Did you see the first season? If not you missed a big chunk of it.

Alright, bonsai, bockchoi(?), wiseguy waterboy - Light shine bright in the old town tonight~

oh Ed

More random than Luffy's song?

"Ohhhh the islands in the south are warm and their heads get really hot. They grow-a pineapples, they grow-a coconuts and they're morons!"

Seda

Random serious comment about T-mobile commercial:

Most urinals (in my experience?) don't have any standing water in them. Yeah it'd be a little gross, but I figure you could grab it and wipe it down a bit and be fine. Other than potential damage from the drop of course.

More random than Luffy's song?

"Ohhhh the islands in the south are warm and their heads get really hot. They grow-a pineapples, they grow-a coconuts and they're morons!"

a masterpiece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom