• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
So what's with the bandaids

is that like a metaphor for like

how the evas are just bandaids for the angel problem

what if we are all band aid

#annoception

Jintor

Generally speaking I like Asuka as a character, but having all her tsundere concentrated into a movie is really wearing me down.

yami4ct

This is really just a herem isn't it. A herem with amazing visuals and great giant robot fights.

It's a meta harem, a commentary on Otaku's love of the genre. It gives Otaku just enough of what they want only to take it away and abuse their beloved characters for Anno's amusement. Also, Anno loves using Shinji as a mirror to reflect back to the otaku what pathetic worms he believes they are.

bigkrev

All that LCL got the ladies thirsty.

lol

Would totally try LCL

65b11a4be9048af6ec1e7889b46902c6_zps65785f52.jpg

yami4ct

Generally speaking I like Asuka as a character, but having all her tsundere concentrated into a movie is really wearing me down.

The show actually treats the characters as characters and not just sketches. The film versions are basically just dolls for Anno to do horrible things to in an attempt to hurt his old fans even more. In a way, it's fantastic.

It's a meta harem, a commentary on Otaku's love of the genre. It gives Otaku just enough of what they want only to take it away and abuse their beloved characters for Anno's amusement. Also, Anno loves using Shinji as a mirror to reflect back to the otaku what pathetic worms he believes they are.

Dunno if you're joking, but I seem to recall hearing this somewhere else.

Amikami

Banned

lol

Edit: Wait is this serious?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Remember, this Asuka is technically not EXACTLY the same character as the original series... They even gave her a "new name" to help push that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom