• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Just imagine the character roster size on a One Piece fighting game by the time it ends.

Even if they hit the main characters (and delete some) you are still looking at over 100 characters without all the minor characters.
Cammie
as a fighter would be pretty crazy.
I think they do it in blocks, I think the dub itself is at the starts of
Enis Lobby
The are releasing that arc but it is more or less finished dubbing already. They have Strong World to dub and I dunno if they have anything past that arc yet.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I unfortunately havent had a pokemon game since gold and silver, however i was down in a computer lab with friends all playing counter strike, i was japanese school girl as my CS name just for the luls, good times

Azure J

New thread? Awesome. 25th place in the last one with only 244 posts shows that I don't spend too much time nerding out with Toonami-GAF. :p

One Piece fighting game talk? It's literally the only franchise that could have endless DLC and still never get all of the characters.
Trafalgar Law would be the most amazing thing in the history of the genre. Spacial trolling is something I've always wanted to see in fighting games.

Re: Pokemon

I got burnt out because of how Ruby/Sapphire treated the Pokedex and didn't have anyone else to do swaps from FireRed/LeafGreen with. A Pokemon game that locks me out of a Dragonite and Arcanine is an abomination. Missed the entirety of the D/P/Pt generation because I didn't have a DS at the time, still haven't gotten Superior Silver (which was my holy grail), but came back with surprising force for B/W/B2/W2. They're my current favorite games in the series history. Very hype for some X/Y and MegaBlaziken though. :lol

789shadow

Banned
New thread? Awesome. 25th place in the last one with only 244 posts shows that I don't spend too much time nerding out with Toonami-GAF. :p

One Piece fighting game talk? It's literally the only franchise that could have endless DLC and still never get all of the characters.
Trafalgar Law would be the most amazing thing in the history of the genre. Spacial trolling is something I've always wanted to see in fighting games.
Have him be hard countered by Donquixote Doflamingo.

Azure J

Yet GT was loved by Western Audiences.

God damnit Western DBZ fans.

Was GT really that much of a success over here? All I know is that when they started premiering on CN's "Saturdays"/Toonami-in-spirit block back in the day, I liked the going back to basics initially with finding the black star balls but kinda grew detached from following the series regularly with the Baby arc. I came back for a bit of the Shadow Dragons arc and thought the idea of the Dragonballs becoming personified and spiteful at their (mis)use would have been a cool little thing to explore as the real last Z arc. From all the hinting from as far back as the early Namek parts of the Frieza saga where the Namekians were usually against relying on them and then later on with the Elder Kais essentially hating the idea of using them when faced with the end of everything ever in Buu, I was always curious to see what the ramifications could be.

Time wasn't good with my memories or reception of GT overall though. Slowly but surely I wrote the series out of my mind over the years. Definitely not the best of the three "series".

Have him be hard countered by Donquixote Doflamingo.

ibppfeZg9Qg5wP.png

Heart Gold and Soul Silver I heard are the peak of the series. Black and White is another good place to start (got me back into the series). I hope X and Y does the same.

I enjoyed B/W more then I did HG/SS but both are fantastic games. The enhancements B/W added far outweigh HG/SS nostaliga trip

MikeMyers

Was GT really that much of a success over here? All I know is that when they started premiering on CN's "Saturdays"/Toonami-in-spirit block back in the day, I liked the going back to basics initially with finding the black star balls but kinda grew detached from following the series regularly with the Baby arc. I came back for a bit of the Shadow Dragons arc and thought the idea of the Dragonballs becoming personified and spiteful at their (mis)use would have been a cool little thing to explore as the real last Z arc. From all the hinting from as far back as the early Namek parts of the Frieza saga where the Namekians were usually against relying on them and then later on with the Elder Kais essentially hating the idea of using them when faced with the end of everything ever in Buu, I was always curious to see what the ramifications could be.

Time wasn't good with my memories or reception of GT overall though. Slowly but surely I wrote the series out of my mind over the years. Definitely not the best of the three "series".

GT wasn't too popular in Japan, but was popular with Western Audiences.

GT has some great ideas, but the execution isn't all too well. It's watchable as long as you don't apply too much internal logic to it.

Seriously, WTF is his 'power' I bet dollars to donuts he isn't even a Devil Fruit user

Nah he has one for sure, honestly with the current arc I'd guess it's a
puppet-puppet or string-string fruit which gives him the power to cut people with invisible strings along with take control of their motions like a puppet master. Considering he is the king of a country where people are turned into toys it fits the theme really well

Yet GT was loved by Western Audiences.

God damnit Western DBZ fans.
People here actually liked GT? Was it even on cable? I vaguely remember it being on CN but I'm not sure if that's true or I'm just going crazy.

I will admit that I purchased a GT VHS tape when I was a kid just because I was obsessed with anything and everything Dragon Ball. Forgive me, I had no idea it would be terrible and wasn't even done by Toriyama.

People here actually liked GT? Was it even on cable? I vaguely remember it being on CN but I'm not sure if that's true or I'm just going crazy.

I will admit that I purchased a GT VHS tape when I was a kid just because I was obsessed with anything and everything Dragon Ball. Forgive me, I had no idea it would be terrible and wasn't even done by Toriyama.

You stepped into the grand tour

GT

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

No Diamond/Pearl love?

Pokemon is Pokemon they're all fun games, personally I really enjoy the gen 4 meta game though I don't really enjoy exploring the Shinnoh region. Not enough "new" Pokemon too many evolves of old Pokemon which is nice from a competitive view point but when you explore the world and find tons of gen 1-2 pokes it feels kind of been there done that.

Edit: ill post more tomorrow bout to pass out zzzz

789shadow

Banned
How so? Those were the last ones I played although I do plan on snagging X/Y.
Lots of little things that drag the experience way down since being fixed by later titles, including the general speed of the game, the lack of infinite use TM's, you can't automatically restore Repels, and other things.

"If there is one problem with Sword Art Online, it's that it is overly tragic. No matter the situation, you are pretty much guaranteed the most tragic resolution possible (that leaves the main character alive). Even the most triumphant and uplifting moments are clouded by some major tragedy—usually involving the deaths of player characters. Because of this, the series becomes somewhat predictable since any happy endings are, by and large, off the table."

somebody was paid to write this.

Look at the date of the article. I'm fairly certain he's finished it.

Good catch, didn't see that. I've love to find out what they think now.

... You can't be serious. This is one big troll article, right...? Right!?! Sword Art Online... the smartest anime you've seen in years? Have you watched a total of like 3 anime in years or have you just watched horrible shows? What. The. Fuck. Yea, no, it's not like the show features the most rushed relationship since Romeo and Juliet. It's not like the main character rivals Goku in Mary Sue. Speaking of fan fiction levels of writing, the entire show is written like one.

Holy fuck someone pinch me I must be dreaming. I am insulted by this article. I am literally fucking insulted

Holy shit guys read the comments, some of them are gold

The Kotaku article was written before the series' apparent decline in quality. Can't really blame him for that one. He didn't know what he was in for.

You mean the decline that started in the first episode?

i think i'm the only one here who believes the second episode has been the best so far. even with the stupid death and the "beater" shit. stuff actually happened compared to the first one, and nothing was as offensively terrible as these last two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom