• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
the jokes that really killed me this season has been bulma hitting on trunks as trunks screams internally

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I laughed for ten minutes straight after Piccolo overheard Trunks and Goku and then even more when he was correcting Goku's explanation of what Trunks said.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I laughed for ten minutes straight after Piccolo overheard Trunks and Goku and then even more when he was correcting Goku's explanation of what Trunks said.

That part absolutely killed me, especially when he started laughing while Trunks explained everything. Then they went driving cars.

The heart attack plot line was so astronomically dumb I can't believe Toriyama wrote it with a straight face

It really was, but Goku's constant hints toward the fact he was having a heart attack in Abridged were amazing.

Also the androids running windows 98 was great.

"Why is dodging a subroutine? It's not that hard!"

Order

Guys, GXP is on Netflix.

Now EVERYONE can experience it, aren't you all so happy. :D

Edit: I'm late. Don't shank me.

Wow what the heck is this

wulin3.jpg

wulin2.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
At least SAO has good production values while GXP looks and sounds like trash the whole way through.

GXP is the worst show of the reboot bar none.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, GXP looked like something out of the 90's.
It looked like a '90s anime made with 2000s animation (...okay, it WAS made in 2002, but hear me out). It felt really weird looking at it & thinking "Man, this really doesn't fit the newer style of digital painting.", like a weird transition from old (hand drawings) to new (digital) and figuring out what art style/facial reactions work & don't work.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It looked like a turn of the millennium show with a low budget and lazy art direction...which is basically exactly what it was.

Tenchi Muyo OVA is about ten years older and looks a thousand times better.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
not dubbed, won't watch :p

I second this motion.

Wait, it's not dubbed? No thanks. I need my Kari Wahlgren and Crispin Freeman.

Alright fine, here's the- *remembers AssaultMaster*

Uhh, well, I'm sure there are totally legitimate websites where you can view it. Somewhere out there, with the complete blessing of Aniplex USA. Maybe if you used a search engine you could find such a place.

The dub is FANTASTIC but the original is great too. I mean Mamoru Miyano as Kida? Come on!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I've actually never watched Durarara all the way through. Think I've seen the first 3 episodes maybe? Yet I have time to re-watch Kenshin, AND The Dark Knight Rises AND write about the impact of social media on political uprisings.

If I don't go out tonight I'd be down for a Toonami-GAF watch. I really think we should do that streaming idea and watch something together.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Now Watching: Durarara!! Episode 4: "Utterly Alone"

The amount of foreshadowing so far has been crazy, and it's neat finally being able to follow the online convos, knowing who each user is.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The first story arc is so much better than the unwatchable junk that happens later in DRRR. Everything after the first part feels like the filler final arc that Death Note got, but even then DRRR didn't have the satisfying ending.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The first story arc is so much better than the unwatchable junk that happens later in DRRR. Everything after the first part feels like the filler final arc that Death Note got, but even then DRRR didn't have the satisfying ending.

The first half of DRRR is worse than the second half, it's just fact. It's more awkwardly paced and plodding in parts, and several characters are just discarded outright. LMAO at that stupid Seiji/Mika romance crap, complete waste of time on downright stupid characters. In contrast the second half just kept upping the stakes more and more until the each episode's cliffhanger left me yelling at the TV, "you can't leave it like that!"

There isn't even a real arc in the first half. Celty finding herself? Meh. Battling against Yagiri Pharmaceuticals? Just... really kind of boring and didn't go anywhere. The Saika arc and Yellow Scarves vs. Dollars though? That's some top tier pacing and drama right there.

Now Watching: Durarara!! Episode 4: "Utterly Alone"

The amount of foreshadowing so far has been crazy, and it's neat finally being able to follow the online convos, knowing who each user is.

Now I remember that's the episode that showed Celty's boobs. Thank goodness for Cruncyroll uncensorship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom