• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Can someone give me the back of the box blurb for what DRRR is about?

It's really quite hard, the series is kind of abstract. The Wiki blurb probably gives the best overview:

Mikado Ryūgamine, a young boy who longs for the exciting life of the big city moves to Ikebukuro at the invitation of his childhood friend Masaomi Kida, who he has not seen since he was young to attend Raira Academy with him. After meeting Masaomi at the train station, they both set out at night to the streets of Ikebukuro. Masaomi warns him about people he doesn't want to cross in the city: like a violent and superhumanly strong man, Shizuo Heiwajima, an information broker named Izaya Orihara, and a mysterious gang known as "The Dollars." After running into some of the side characters, Mikado witnesses a local legend called the "Black Rider", who rides around Ikebukuro on a black bike that occasionally brays like a horse and also rumored to have no head under its helmet. The "Black Rider" is Celty Sturluson, an Irish dullahan who is in Ikebukuro looking for her stolen head. The narrative follows all of the characters equally, showing how their lives intersect, creating a greater plot-line from what each character knows about a common incident.

And it really is true that each character is given about equal treatment. Side characters get whole eps dedicated to them, etc. It's a very compelling series with great animation and music.

then what's the point?

1367353830647.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
DRRR isn't that confusing. Just pay attention.

Baccano is more confusing, but just pay attention and you'll get it.

That's pretty decent, imo. Does anyone have the numbers for 1.11? Sidenote: People left when Big O came on and came back for Kick Heart. :___________;

That's in line with what I was expecting, with the combo of holiday weekend and college football.

I would note that's a damn good household share number for Eva.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Those are excellent numbers for Evangelion if it managed to average over a million across 5 time slots. Especially if you look at where Kick-Heart was and figure that the end of Eva probably wasn't too much higher, probably 100k or so. Which means the opening hour was likely doing full on Bleach numbers.

Very very good numbers for a Labor Day weekend.

EVA 1.11 got like 900something and Funimation said they were a little disappointed in that, so i'm kinda worried about this.

I'm not sure how they could be disappointed by 2.22's performance considering it averaged over 1 million every hour. That's pretty normal for Toonami's first 5 blocks expecting more then that is crazy

EVA 1.11 got like 900something and Funimation said they were a little disappointed in that, so i'm kinda worried about this.
Funimation is full-on crazy if they think these ratings are bad. Either that or they severely overestimate how popular their movies are.

Funimation is full-on crazy if they think these ratings are bad. Either that or they severely overestimate how popular their movies are.

I mean Eva is a pretty big series, but 1am saturday night/sunday morning I'm not sure what ratings Funi was expecting. Anyone have a link to them saying the numbers for 1.11 were disappointing?

I mean Eva is a pretty big series, but 1am saturday night/sunday morning I'm not sure what ratings Funi was expecting. Anyone have a link to them saying the numbers for 1.11 were disappointing?

it's what a Funimation representative at a convention said, so i guess take it with a grain of salt, but i find it hard to imagine she would be speaking for herself personally.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

It could be they expected a million plus and were disappointed they only hit 900k.

Could be, also probably has to do with Bleach coming to an end soon. I doubt they're looking forward to that considering the numbers it does, anything to delay the inevitable.

No way they'll be able to delay it long enough for Blood War anime to be dubbed. We're currently 67 chapters in and we've still not heard a peep about a final season anime and the ending of war isn't anywhere in sight.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
No way they'll be able to delay it long enough for Blood War anime to be dubbed. We're currently 67 chapters in and we've still not heard a peep about a final season anime and the ending of war isn't anywhere in sight.

Yep, but it makes you wonder what they'll do. Maybe they'll get lucky and get Shippuden to replace it when the time comes.

Yep, but it makes you wonder what they'll do. Maybe they'll get lucky and get Shippuden to replace it when the time comes.

My guess is move Bleach to 2:30 or 3:00 and just let it repeat, maybe even do an hour block like they're doing with Inuyasha. I also can't see them running Naruto Shippuden and Naruto at the same time and we know they won't be skipping the filler <.< Hopefully someone will have come though in the clutch and finally released a dub of HxH, or maybe Attack on Titan will be ready by then. It's only 26 episodes but it'll probably do gang busters at the 12 slot

Man God

Non-Canon Member
One Piece is the obvious choice for the 12 am slot as it will literally run fresh episodes for the next ten years or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom