• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I agree, but I'm trying to do it in a way I can be as public as possible without doing anything illegal. What makes toonami gaf so much fun is having such a large group of people watching anime together. Even if the mods said it was okay to host a private twitch stream for a small group I feel that would be the opposite of what toonami is about.

It's private in the sense that it's password protected. Besides, while the idea is to be public, the whole part of ToonamiGAF is that it's a community that already has an established list of people. In this sense, the people participating in the stream would be no different from those who watch the normal airing and post in this thread. I do understand the issue with legality and the idea of streaming licensed stuff. However, I do think that the idea of making this sync-watch public and those who would participate in it won't be different from that of a private streaming. The issue only boils down to what is and isn't allowed by GAF ToU.

I agree, but I'm trying to do it in a way I can be as public as possible without doing anything illegal. What makes toonami gaf so much fun is having such a large group of people watching anime together. Even if the mods said it was okay to host a private twitch stream for a small group I feel that would be the opposite of what toonami is about.
... I thought it was having such a large group of people watching TOONAMI shows together.

... I thought it was having such a large group of people watching TOONAMI shows together.

Well yes it is, but there is already a chunk of people who use time before toonami to watch other anime. Wouldn't it be nice if we could have something legal and structured so that we could spend a bit more time together watching anime's both new and old?

Well yes it is, but there is already a chunk of people who use time before toonami to watch other anime. Wouldn't it be nice if we could have something legal and structured so that we could spend a bit more time together watching anime's both new and old?

Toonami-GAF Group Watch: when 6 hours together is not enough.

Toonami-GAF Group Watch: when 6 hours together is not enough.

To be fair a lot of east coast GAF users can't stay up til 6am heck even I struggle to do so. We get more users posting about Boondocks at 11:30 then we do about anything past 4PM

Also the ToS doesn't really mention anything related to hosting a stream, mostly it talks about emulation, piracy, and copy righted articles. The only thing relevant I can find is from the manga thread with Duckrolls "don't post links to illegal piracy stuff, don't ask don't tell".

Edit: Of course Twitch themselves says it's illegal to stream anything that isn't gaming related so that's out

z1kD3ds.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Unless I absolutely have something better to do on Saturday Night/Sunday Morning I promise I will stay up and post throughout the next time Inuyasha goes to the real world. Might have to bow out during SE and FMAB though if I'm not caught up to them.

Crocodile

So I'm just going to go marathon Valvrave. Is that cool or is there something being planned? People have mentioned a bunch of ideas up thread but stuff seems illegal or impractical?

So I'm just going to go marathon Valvrave. Is that cool or is there something being planned? People have mentioned a bunch of ideas up thread but stuff seems illegal or impractical?

Yeah we're not going to do anything illegal, I'm trying to figure out how CR ads work for free users if they don't pop up multiple times a video then we can easily just use an online clock to synch watch it.

yami4ct

Hey, people getting into Valvrave. Yay! If you guys are watching it, be sure to come into the OT and discuss it. We could always use more people, especially with season 2 coming soon. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=539331

Also, please ignore how terrible/filled with misinformation the original post is right now. I wrote it before we knew all that much about the show. I've been meaning to update it before season 2 arrives.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I would like to make a DRRR!! Light Novel read thread soon and this info about the Valverave watch, however it shakes down, will be useful for that.

Although, the situation may be more lenient for the light novels, since there's a 98% chance they'll never be officially translated and sold by anyone...

CR apparently has pre roll, mid roll, and post roll advertisements meaning the only way a Valvrave view party would work would be if everyone had premium access (or was a free user lol). How many people who are interested in doing a Valvrave viewing party who don't currently have a premium/anime CR account? If it's too many we could always do something on vizanime or funimation where they use hulu and they always have ads that last the same amount of time :D

yami4ct

CR apparently has pre roll, mid roll, and post roll advertisements meaning the only way a Valvrave view party would work would be if everyone had premium access (or was a free user lol). How many people who are interested in doing a Valvrave viewing party who don't currently have a premium/anime CR account? If it's too many we could always do something on vizanime or funimation where they use hulu and they always have ads that last the same amount of time :D

Premium users are given a certain number of 48-hour passes to give away ever so often, correct? I'm not sure if you guys could work something out with that or not, but it's a thought.

Premium users are given a certain number of 48-hour passes to give away ever so often, correct? I'm not sure if you guys could work something out with that or not, but it's a thought.

We are, but there seemed to be people who wanted to do a few episodes each week as opposed to the whole series in one weekend marathon.

yami4ct

We are, but there seemed to be people who wanted to do a few episodes each week as opposed to the whole series in one weekend marathon.

I think your best bet is if there are a ton of free users, just have everyone log off and watch with ads. The ads aren't randomized locations, I think, so everyone should be close enough to work. If some people are 30 seconds to a minute off, it wouldn't kill the discussion.

Crocodile

Yeah we're not going to do anything illegal, I'm trying to figure out how CR ads work for free users if they don't pop up multiple times a video then we can easily just use an online clock to synch watch it.

To be fair, group watching works easily with Toonami because your TV screen and Computer screen are separate. Watching on Crunchyroll, it would be hard to post things on GAF because you have to pause your video each time to swtich between sites and not miss anything no? Though I suppose you can have two browser windows open and set them on top of each other I suppose but then your viewing window is pretty small.

A stream with a stream chat would be the best way to do this but that's against Twitch's TOS from my understanding.

Branduil

To be fair, group watching works easily with Toonami because your TV screen and Computer screen are separate. Watching on Crunchyroll, it would be hard to post things on GAF because you have to pause your video each time to swtich between sites and not miss anything no? Though I suppose you can have two browser windows open and set them on top of each other I suppose but then your viewing window is pretty small.

A stream with a stream chat would be the best way to do this but that's against Twitch's TOS from my understanding.

The free streams on Hulu and Crunchyroll are pretty low-res.

... people don't use separate windows or have monitors bigger than 17 inches?

Apparently CR has adds that can be skipped after 5 seconds for free users which isn't that bad, honestly if we just synch started the video after any free users skipped the first ad we'd probably be fine to watch it. At worst it'd be a 5-10 second delay would that be acceptable to everyone?

I would like to make a DRRR!! Light Novel read thread soon and this info about the Valverave watch, however it shakes down, will be useful for that.

Although, the situation may be more lenient for the light novels, since there's a 98% chance they'll never be officially translated and sold by anyone...

You still can't post a link to anything illegal IE scanlation or fan translation even if there will never be an official release. Honestly a read together would basically be how manga gaf already works. Heck you wouldn't have to even bother doing any kind of crazy internet clock sync shenanigans like we do just post what dates/times to have chapters finished by for discussion like a book club.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
One of my friends is cautioning me against this VVV claiming that one particular moment soured him unlike any other show before or since.

If anything this makes me even more interested in it.

One of my friends is cautioning me against this VVV claiming that one particular moment soured him unlike any other show before or since.

I know what scene he's talking about and it can be kind of controversial, once that scene hit Valvrave got a "warning you must be 18+ to view this series" message before every episode

yami4ct

Oh god, I kind of want to know what that one moment is. I have an idea, but there are so many possibilities.

If it is what I think it is, though, your friends is crazy. That moment is awesome.

I know what scene he's talking about and it can be kind of controversial, once that scene hit Valvrave got a "warning you must be 18+ to view this series" message before every episode

Didn't they
undo the implied rape? It at least isn't 100% confirmed. There's a possibility she just got naked in order to trick Haruto? Even if there was intercourse, she definitely deliberately let it happen.

Oh god, I kind of want to know what that one moment is. I have an idea, but there are so many possibilities.

If it is what I think it is, though, your friends is crazy. That moment is awesome.

Didn't they
undo the implied rape? It at least isn't 100% confirmed. There's a possibility she just got naked in order to trick Haruto? Even if there was intercourse, she definitely deliberately let it happen.

No
watch it again you can see him thrusting with no pants on clearly, she also specifically says "it was a demon attack not you" or some bs like that.

yami4ct

No
watch it again you can see him thrusting with no pants on clearly, she also specifically says "it was a demon attack not you" or some bs like that.

Eh, Ok. Even if that's the case (probably is, have to rewatch), they definitely
undid the shock factor by her saying "eh, it's alright". If you get forgiveness immediately afterward, it certainly takes the wind out of your shocking rape scene.

Eh, Ok. Even if that's the case (probably is, have to rewatch), they definitely
undid the shock factor by her saying "eh, it's alright". If you get forgiveness immediately afterward, it certainly takes the wind out of your shocking rape scene.

Well that's mostly because
she was super thirsty for him the whole show up to that point, in a sense she finally got what she wanted... he did rape her though there is no getting around that point. Also if anything her just being all "No big deal I'm used to it" just makes it worse. If she's not lying that implies shes been sexually abused before and has just come to accept it.

yami4ct

Well that's mostly because
she was super thirsty for him the whole show up to that point, in a sense she finally got what she wanted... he did rape her though there is no getting around that point. Also if anything her just being all "No big deal I'm used to it" just makes it worse. If she's not lying that implies shes been sexually abused before and has just come to accept it.

This is reminding me how damn weird VVV is. The ambiguity just makes it weirder. Really need to watch last season again.

If you have a premium account you can watch CR on your PS3 or 360 which I'm going to go on a wild assumption and assume everyone who post here has access to one of the two. That's how I was planning to post and watch at the same time.

I really want all of ToonamiGAF to watch valvrave together... I want to get something set up for that.

If you have any good legal suggestions please let me know I'd love to not only make this Valvrave group watch happen but do more of these in the future.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
do you think you are near the end of Enies Lobby or are you actually near the end of it?

What episode are you on?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Apparently CR has adds that can be skipped after 5 seconds for free users which isn't that bad, honestly if we just synch started the video after any free users skipped the first ad we'd probably be fine to watch it. At worst it'd be a 5-10 second delay would that be acceptable to everyone?

You still can't post a link to anything illegal IE scanlation or fan translation even if there will never be an official release. Honestly a read together would basically be how manga gaf already works. Heck you wouldn't have to even bother doing any kind of crazy internet clock sync shenanigans like we do just post what dates/times to have chapters finished by for discussion like a book club.

Well tracking down the translations is fairly difficult, that's the only reason I'd want to be able to at least give some hints.

Crocodile

Well that episode had to end EXACTLY how I expected it to for exactly the reason I expected :/

Some people just can't keep themselves from prematurely popping their cherries........

All I've heard it is that something might be happening somewhere at some time with some people. Give me something concrete to wait for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom