• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole
Naraku's poisonous insects thing
has always seemed stupid to me. I mean,
the stuff he sucks up isnt really going into his body or bloodstream. It's going into a magical void of sorts. If everything he swallowed up did go into his body he would have died or turned evil long ago from eating so much demon flesh.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ugh, trying to figure out why the satellite won't get any signal, despite the one upstairs in the living room working just fine (different receivers, though, but still the same satellite. I have the one with DVR). Of course this happens the one night I really want to watch TV. Checked the wiring in the back and everything's tight. At this rate, I might just go onto Crunchyroll or whatever, get the videos pre-loaded & just watch them when they'd be airing on TV. Edit: Something about a "LNB Drift detected"....

somewhat relevant:

Bennett the Sage is doing a look back at Adult Swim for his early-2000s-and-back anime review show, Anime Abandon.

the poor guy's starting with Pilot Candidate and Blue Gender.
Oh cool, knew the next review was those two, but didn't know it was an Adult Swim month.

Ugh, trying to figure out why the satellite won't get any signal, despite the one upstairs in the living room working just fine (different receivers, though, but still the same satellite. I have the one with DVR). Of course this happens the one night I really want to watch TV. Checked the wiring in the back and everything's tight. At this rate, I might just go onto Crunchyroll or whatever, get the videos pre-loaded & just watch them when they'd be airing on TV.
Why can't you watch in the living room?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm going out after I get off work at midnight, so I'm definitely going to miss at least the first three hours of Toonami. Should be back for the tail end though.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Early warning: I have no idea how the Sketch Dump will go to night, lol. I entered my first Major KoF XIII tourney today, at "The Fall Classic"! Won - Lost - Won - Won -Lost :/ So out of the tourney, but will be staying down there to communicate, cheer, beat down, and try out Killer Instinct some more :) I don't know if staying up to 6 A.M is a good idea tonight.. or if I'll be able to make it, haha. When do I sleep, if I want to go back and spectate tomorrow?!?

But no matter what happens... HAVE A GREAT TOONAMI NIGHT GUIZE!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ahh. Hope it gets fixed in time. Wouldn't want you missing out.
Just finished with customer support chat & it sounds like a technician is gonna have to come out & figure it out (it's a LNB Drift). Need to see if the Dish place in town is the same place that my parents got it from those years ago. I remember coming home one Friday night when I was in Junior High, seeing the Dish van in the driveway & being SUPER excited and the first thing I got to watch was Teen Titans.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Early warning: I have no idea how the Sketch Dump will go to night, lol. I entered my first Major KoF XIII tourney today, at "The Fall Classic"! Won - Lost - Won - Won -Lost :/ So out of the tourney, but will be staying down there to communicate, cheer, beat down, and try out Killer Instinct some more :) I don't know if staying up to 6 A.M is a good idea tonight.. or if I'll be able to make it, haha. When do I sleep, if I want to go back and spectate tomorrow?!?

First the big fight and now this? Fighting be taking all our viewers.

SAB has let us all down
jk sab

Just finished with customer support chat & it sounds like a technician is gonna have to come out & figure it out (it's a LNB Drift). Need to see if the Dish place in town is the same place that my parents got it from those years ago. I remember coming home one Friday night when I was in Junior High, seeing the Dish van in the driveway & being SUPER excited and the first thing I got to watch was Teen Titans.
So does that mean you're gonna have to go the ol' CR route?

Sidenote: The first tv show I watched when I got cable all those years ago was MXC. Good times.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Hey guys. A while back we discussed having ToonamiGAF community come together and watch stuff that doesn't/wouldn't air on Toonami at a different time. People showed interest and stuff. Come join the rizon.net irc channel for ToonamiGAF, quote to see the channel name , and see how to go about joining this watch block. We had a test run night and it was pretty fun and enjoyable.

Sounds awesome man. Hope you have a good time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So does that mean you're gonna have to go the ol' CR route?

Sidenote: The first tv show I watched when I got cable all those years ago was MXC. Good times.
Most likely yes, perhaps also Funimation's site. Do they offer dubs for certain shows, or just subs? I've got an account, but not a paid one.

& yes to MXC. That was one of the Spike shows I actually enjoyed watching back then.

Edit: Damn, Funimation has the dub of the last arc up, but not of the current or next big arc. Though they have the dub for Soul Eater, yay.

Oh cool, knew the next review was those two, but didn't know it was an Adult Swim month.

next time is Trigun and Big O

OBAMA1.gif

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Because the show aired in Japan with a Japanese dub as well

The last thing I need is Peter Cullen reminding me how boring the last episode was and how boring the next episode will be

I figured that, but bar a few earlier shows toonami never really had a rule that anime had to have american style or american dubbed ops

So here I am eating a hot pocket for dinner (had a late lunch, and too lazy to make something else for dinner), and I subconsciously realize it's saturday night.

This feels strangely right

Raxus

I must have missed Pilot Canidate. Lucky me. Big O review will be glorious.

I wonder if he will recap Yu Yu which is probably one of the best anime's Adult Swim/Toonami aired.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The only hour that comes close to being as bad as a potential Candidate for Goddess/Blue Gender was the real hour of Trinity Blood and Blood+.

Won't be seeing much of Toonami tonight.
Gonna watch some Collage football baby!

In the words of my favorite poster on a Badger forum.

"FIRE UP FOR AN EXORCISM, YOU WEENIES!! GO BADGERS!"

I'm all pumped up. XP

Man God

Non-Canon Member
All of those anime suck but my order of worst is something like.

4. Blood +
3. Trinity Blood
2. Blue Gender
1. Pilot Candidate.

Which would make Blood+ the best...of the absolute worst aired on this network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom