• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I am now the troll of ToonamiGAF. Andrex is actually my incarnation who does my dirty work for me.

This post + your avatar.
TadkV.gif

Which incarnation am I?

You guys are super crazy. I wake up a bit early and decide to check GAF for a bit and y'all are assigning Inuyasha characters to each other. But that's why I loves ya, Toonami-GAF.

Sidenote: We should probably cool it with the One Piece spoilers before Seda or Meta come in here and Cassherns us all.

Raxus

Sidenote: We should probably cool it with the One Piece spoilers before Seda or Meta come in here and Cassherns us all.

Agreed the last page has been black bars galore. We don't want death to return.

Seeing as most people ignore me I guess I am the Shippo of the group.

Seda

I removed the tags

I'm kind of ignoring the conversations you guys are having in your black bar minefield. I personally would prefer it not to be there but eh. I'm not going to participate in those situations obviously.

I also don't like seeing footage (gifs) of stuff I haven't seen yet

These are just personal preferences of mine

I suppose I am Seshy?

We dont ignore you Raxus :(

Uh, MCXC, those pics are SUPER SPOILERY. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT.

......those One Piece pictures are like not remotely a good idea to post.

Are you kidding me? I picked them for a reason. If you've never seen Water 7 before they don't spoil a darn thing or even hint at any of the plot points/events. I think you're having a knee-jerk reaction because you know what happens and can figure out what the gifs mean. First time watchers won't understand until after the arc is over.

Edit: Looks like they were removed, not a big deal but still, was anyone going to gather any plot points from those gifs? The answer is no, I specifically chose those in order to NOT spoil anything. Sorry to break it to some of you but they all get new outfits throughout the series and Luffy likes to sit on top of the Going Merry while they sail. People cry. Usopp blows kisses in a goofy manner. There's speedo's on the grand line. Did I just spoil anything by saying that? Is this text going to be removed or complained about?

Just making a point. Carry on.

I removed the tags

I'm kind of ignoring the conversations you guys are having in your black bar minefield. I personally would prefer it not to be there but eh. I'm not going to participate in those situations obviously.

I also don't like seeing footage (gifs) of stuff I haven't seen yet

These are just personal preferences of mine

I suppose I am Seshy?
[/QUOTE]

I see footage in this thread of things I haven't seen yet all the time. It's about context, how else are you supposed to even know what it means? Heck, lazybones just posted a One Piece related youtube video that spoiled a major future plot point for me but I'm not sitting here calling for his post to be censored. I'm going to describe the gifs I posted:

1. Usopp blowing a kiss while Zoro and Sanji stand beside him. They are wearing different outfits than what is shown on toonami.
2. Luffy sitting down blinking. His outfit is different.
3. A close up of a speedo that is being thrust back and forth. All you can see is the garment and a little bit of thigh.
4. Nico Robin crying. We've seen literally EVERY crew member cry. There's no context given.
5. Luffy laying flat on top of the Going Merry while the breeze ruffles his hair. He sits there all the time, it's his favorite seat.
6. Some weird dude with blue hair crying

Without un-bolding the text you have no idea what any of those mean or if they are even significant. Some of those gifs aren't even from Water 7. One of them was from early on in the series.

Guys, are you telling me you've never come across [I]any[/I] media showing the straw hat pirates wearing something other than what they are at this point on toonami? I highly doubt it and even if you haven't, they're just clothes, is it that big of a deal? Is knowing Luffy gets a new pair of pants going to spoil the plot for anyone? No my friends, not at all. I think people on here are a little too quick to cry wolf (for lack of a better term) when it comes to spoilers.

You've been doing an excellent job as a moderator Seda. I'm not bent out of shape about this despite how my post may come off but it honestly does worry me a little bit knowing that there is no clear cut "spoiler" posting rule. Removing harmless content just because you don't want to see it isn't the correct way to go about things but what do I know, you're the moderator for a reason. I'm just a face in the crowd.

I'm genuinely sorry if I ruined anything for you or anyone else though Seda, that wasn't the intention. I just experienced an amazing arc and wanted to discuss it with people I enjoy spending my Saturday nights with.

EDIT: Edited numerous times to seem less confrontational

[quote="MikeMyers, post: 82814329"]Who should be Kikyo, the one we can assassinate many times over?[/QUOTE]

[quote="Andrex, post: 82815013"]MCXC, of course.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://static.tumblr.com/5adha0v/9kmm36153/hair.gif
To live is to die. To die is to live.

Is this a spoiler?

The Nico Robin gif is the absolute most pivotal point in her character development that I am aware of. She has never lost her composure throughout the entirety of this series so far, so yeah. That's definitely a spoiler when you're giving away the biggest scene for her character and for that arc. It doesn't need context.

Seda

I had a longer post written up but I lost it when GAF died.

In short, I just felt turning images into links was a safe way to keep most people happy without being disruptive. People who want to read it still can with full context of your images and people who want to stay as blind as possible to future episodes can. I don't mean to be imposing, and I hope I don't come across that way. :/

My comment about not liking to see those types of images is just a personal and probably irrational preference of mine. I don't like seeing it whether or not the context is there. I wouldn't have edited anything if two other people more familiar with One Piece didn't comment on them.

The Nico Robin gif is the absolute most pivotal point in her character development that I am aware of. She has never lost her composure throughout the entirety of this series so far, so yeah. That's definitely a spoiler when you're giving away the biggest scene for her character and for that arc. It doesn't need context.

Her crying is the most pivotal point in her character development? Not the flashbacks explaining her origin story? Are you even serious, come on now. If you think a gif of her crying is a spoiler then I don't know what to say other than that's absolutely ridiculous. It gave away NO plot points whatsoever, you can't even argue against that. Somebody watching for the first time isn't going to have any idea what the significance of that scene is until the moment they see it in the actual episode, you are blowing things way out of proportion.

I had a longer post written up but I lost it when GAF died.

In short, I just felt turning images into links was a safe way to keep most people happy without being disruptive. People who want to read it still can will full context of your images and people who want to stay as blind as possible to future episodes can. I don't mean to be imposing, and I hope I don't come across that way. :/

My comment about not liking to see those types of images is just a personal and probably irrational preference of mine. I don't like seeing it whether or not the context is there. I wouldn't have edited anything if two other people more familiar with One Piece didn't comment on them.

See, that's part of the problem. If GMN and 789, two people who have already seen Water 7, don't come in and freak out over the gif images then nobody even sees them as potential spoilers. Your last sentence admitting this validates my point.

It would be different if a first time watcher complained but instead it was One Piece veterans who understood the significance due to already knowing what happened whining. I made a conscious effort to not post spoilery gifs and stand by my earlier statements.

However, your mentality is totally fair, I'm okay with it. I'll keep this sort of thing in mind from now on.

I think you're overreacting about this a bit, MCXC. If he had banned you or even called you out a bit, then i'd understand your response. Seda just removed the images. Let's all just be cool.

I think you're overreacting about this a bit, MCXC. If he had banned you or even called you out a bit, then i'd understand your response. Seda just removed the images. Let's all just be cool.

However, your mentality is totally fair, I'm okay with it. I'll keep this sort of thing in mind from now on.

How exactly is this overreacting? I'm not upset at all. I've made my case, respected his side of the argument and agreed to do a better job in the future.

Seda

I wonder what tomorrow's 'goodie' is. I'm guessing a review for Splinter Cell or Saints Row IV. He said he was working on several reviews.

I wonder what tomorrow's 'goodie' is. I'm guessing a review for Splinter Cell or Saints Row IV. He said he was working on several reviews.

Could be GTAV even if it is a bit early, if not this week we're getting that review next week for sure.

Has toonami past or present reviewed an M-rated game? I'd be interested in seeing what TOM has to say about Saints Row and GTA V down the line.

EDIT: Welp, I forgot about Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. How in the world did this get a 10 again? Has anyone here played it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf93ahaMRYs

Sorry. Your posts just came off as angry even with that last bit. But if you insist we're cool, then we're cool.

Yeah, it's hard to judge emotion via text so I understand how that may have seemed angry. I love to argue and sometimes come off a bit rough while posting when my intention is really not to ruffle any feathers; I'm working on it. But yeah, we're all bros here.

1340783969501.gif

Her crying is the most pivotal point in her character development? Not the flashbacks explaining her origin story? Are you even serious, come on now. If you think a gif of her crying is a spoiler then I don't know what to say other than that's absolutely ridiculous. It gave away NO plot points whatsoever, you can't even argue against that. Somebody watching for the first time isn't going to have any idea what the significance of that scene is until the moment they see it in the actual episode, you are blowing things way out of proportion.

Plot points are not the only spoilers. The fact that Robin breaks down is HUGE, and just about anyone who's seen this arc will tell you the same. It's the culmination of all her character development within this series, so yes, I do consider it more important than the flashbacks. She is not every other character, the fact that something smashes through her calm and collected exterior is a big deal and not something to be thrown around as a random gif.

Franky is probably debatable and I'd lean toward that one being fine.
the others really aren't a problem, but the
Robin
gif? Absolutely should not have been posted. Go ahead and ask the other guys who have seen Enies Lobby and see what they tell you, because I'm kind of amazed I have to actually debate this.

Plot points are not the only spoilers. The fact that Robin breaks down is HUGE, and just about anyone who's seen this arc will tell you the same. It's the culmination of all her character development within this series, so yes, I do consider it more important than the flashbacks. She is not every other character, the fact that something smashes through her calm and collected exterior is a big deal and not something to be thrown around as a random gif.

Franky is probably debatable and I'd lean toward that one being fine.
the others really aren't a problem, but the
Robin
gif? Absolutely should not have been posted. Go ahead and ask the other guys who have seen Enies Lobby and see what they tell you, because I'm kind of amazed I have to actually debate this.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=82867605&postcount=12923

Read Seda's response, particularly the last sentence.

I'm sorry but I think you're wrong. The only people complaining were those who had already seen the arc, why were you even lobbying for removal in the first place if it didn't affect you? Nobody who hasn't seen the arc yet called foul at that gif and it would not have been an issue had you had not cried wolf, Seda's response proves it.

Anyways, nobody was going to remember a gif of Robin crying that MCXC posted on page 258 of OT 6 a year from now when we got to that point. You're blowing this out of proportion and this is the last I'll say on the matter. It's been handled and there's no need to crap up the thread arguing about it.

My favorite review of all time. They picked some great clips.

Oh man I remember watching this review back in the day. I think this is what really sold me on a GCN, I got one for Christmas and Wind Waker was one of the first games I purchased for it. I'm still pissed they never did a Tales of Symphonia review.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=82867605&postcount=12923

Read Seda's response, particularly the last sentence.

I'm sorry but I think you're wrong. The only people complaining were those who had already seen the arc, why were you even lobbying for removal in the first place if it didn't affect you? Nobody who hasn't seen the arc yet called foul at that gif and it would not have been an issue had you had not cried wolf, Seda's response proves it.

Anyways, nobody was going to remember a gif of Robin crying that MCXC posted on page 258 of OT 6 a year from now when we got to that point. You're blowing this out of proportion and this is the last I'll say on the matter. It's been handled and there's no need to crap up the thread arguing about it.

as long as your images remain links there shouldn't be a problem, though i don't know who you think you're fooling with the old "get the last word in and then say the conversation is over" trick.

as long as your images remain links there shouldn't be a problem, though i don't know who you think you're fooling with the old "get the last word in and then say the conversation is over" trick.

I'm not trying to "fool" anyone, stop trying to pick a fight with me every chance you get. It's getting old and doesn't benefit a single person in this thread.

I'm not trying to "fool" anyone, stop trying to pick a fight with me every chance you get. It's getting old and doesn't benefit a single person in this thread.

little paranoid, aren't we? i didn't know "hey we had an argument that one time" constitutes "picking a fight with me every chance you get." i wouldn't have said anything if you had done nothing but drop the subject, but you still had to get the last word in and insist you're still in the right.

little paranoid, aren't we? i didn't know "hey we had an argument that one time" constitutes "picking a fight with me every chance you get." i wouldn't have said anything if you had done nothing but drop the subject, but you still had to get the last word in and insist you're still in the right.

I'm not paranoid at all, you're sitting here antagonizing me for no good reason but then try to flip the script and call me paranoid. This isn't the first time you've acted in this manner either. Really, this is exactly why I wanted to put you on ignore, you annoy me and it's honestly getting old. I'm here trying to end the conversation because the issue has already been handled but here comes GMN making snarky thinly veiled attacks and then playing the victim. I'm not going to sit here and play your games, engaging in a multi-page argument over something trivial. You can get the last word in and call me whatever you want to, I just hope it makes you feel better. And I say that with sincerity man.

I'm not paranoid at all, you're sitting here antagonizing me for no good reason but then try to flip the script and call me paranoid. This isn't the first time you've acted in this manner either. Really, this is exactly why I wanted to put you on ignore, you annoy me and it's honestly getting old. I'm here trying to end the conversation because the issue has already been handled but here comes GMN making snarky thinly veiled attacks and then playing the victim. I'm not going to sit here and play your games, engaging in a multi-page argument over something trivial. You can get the last word in and call me whatever you want to, I just hope it makes you feel better. And I say that with sincerity man.

yeah, sorry, but you're the only one playing the victim here. you know what my response to your post was? "......those One Piece pictures are like not remotely a good idea to post." you're the one who got indignant over us pointing out that the pictures were probably not a good idea, and the only thing that's obnoxious here is you getting antagonistic and confrontational over every little thing and then acting like it's everybody else's fault for picking on you. like i said, you're not fooling anybody. not when you try to sneak the last word in about how we're all wrong before calling to end the conversation, and for damn sure not when you try to flip this on me and shadow. this is on you, and if you didn't want the conversation to take this route then maybe you should evaluate how you respond next time.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
While it wasn't a great idea it was fairly late in the day and at the end of a page so it doesn't seem like much harm really happened so we should all just drop it.

Honestly there are bigger spoils in the darn one piece ops then in any of the pictures mcxc posted, but I guess it's better to be safe then sorry when it comes to that kind of thing

Honestly there are bigger spoils in the darn one piece ops then in any of the pictures mcxc posted, but I guess it's better to be safe then sorry when it comes to that kind of thing

if i didn't know who all the crew members were by the time i went and watched the series in preparation for Toonami i would've been livid at the third opening.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also true. While I love the fifth opening to OP it was my first exposure to that particular material (besides Afro Luffy, that was spoiled by Jump Super Stars) and to say I was blown away by what it depicted was an understatement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom