• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
i'd just like to let you know that all of you who expressed negative opinions about the Bleach dub are dub haters now. apparently.

Are you kidding? I fucking love a good dub. The YYH dub was godly (and better than the japanese), the OP dub is great, Baccano has a great dub and the only way I can watch FMP is dubbed. You go tell them that.

MikeMyers

Are you kidding? I fucking love a good dub. The YYH dub was godly (and better than the japanese), the OP dub is great, Baccano has a great dub and the only way I can watch FMP is dubbed. You go tell them that.

I prefer the YYH sub because of Sailor Uranus Kurama.

1. The Boondocks (11:30 PM): 0.52
2. Naruto (12:30 AM): 0.43
3. Bleach (12 AM): 0.40
4. One Piece (1 AM): 0.37
5. Soul Eater (1:30 AM): 0.34
6. Sword Art Online (2 AM): 0.33
7. Star Wars: Clone Wars (3 AM): 0.29
8. IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix (2:30 AM): 0.24

18-49 ratings.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
YYH dub (has to be the uncut version) is extremely well done.

The actors aren't perfect but they are at least competent and energetic but the script is fantastic and some of the liberties they took with the source really pan out, It's a funnier and frankly more dramatic version of the source material.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Random bleach filler back in the real world mostly proves the opposite to me, but I concede I'm not like most Bleach fans.

But hell its not like YYH kept up with the spirit detecting more than ten episodes or so either and that was the OG spirit detective!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Man... I fucking love YYH. Some of Hiei's lines are fucking gold. Especially when he begins to use the SotDF.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The dub has some really great disses and one-liners.

The dub is some of the greatest dub in an anime Ive ever heard, never have I felt the voices matched so unbelievably perfect, and never have I felt the voiceactors got the characters just right. I can gush over the dub and the show all day.

Raxus

Bleach manga:

We haven't seen their final forms.

Speaking of god tier openings. Smile Bomb is the only opening I can think of people prefer to listen to in english than in japanese.

Spirt Gun!

Also hiei was my favorite character .

The dark tournament video game wasn't bad ether. That arc is god tier for anime
The Dark Tournament video game is the worst piece of software I have ever had the misfortune of playing, in no way whatsoever can it be considered "not bad". I'm still pissed I spent $40 on it.

1. The Boondocks (11:30 PM): 0.52
2. Naruto (12:30 AM): 0.43
3. Bleach (12 AM): 0.40
4. One Piece (1 AM): 0.37
5. Soul Eater (1:30 AM): 0.34
6. Sword Art Online (2 AM): 0.33
7. Star Wars: Clone Wars (3 AM): 0.29
8. IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix (2:30 AM): 0.24

18-49 ratings.
sweet

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Marathon the dub; they don't start off great but they most certainly get worse as they go along.

Awful directing here as the cast (as previously argued over) is top flight.

EDIT: Naruto DEFINITELY gets better. In fact we're right around the point in the dub where it really starts becoming noticeable, though there were steps here and there in the first two arcs.

This is near the time when crispin freeman starts reprising his role as
Itachi
coincidence? I think not.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Speaking about fantastic dubs, Welcome to the NHK is up on Netflix in the US and Canada starting today.

This show would kill it on Toonami despite its minimal amount of action.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I really should re-watch NHK one of these days to see how the dub was. Kind of sucked I had the first two volumes of the manga in high school, then my best friend got me vol. 7 & 8 (the last two) because he wanted to get me more volumes as a gift, but those were the only two he was able to get. Still was a nice gesture.

kayos90

Bleach manga:

We haven't seen their final forms.

Speaking of god tier openings. Smile Bomb is the only opening I can think of people prefer to listen to in english than in japanese.

Man that opening was so damn good.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
After switching from Kai to the old Funimation Dub I can now see both sides of the music debate for that series.

The original US dub has a better score in general...that is overused to hell and back. There are almost no silent moments in the dub. Every second of action and dialogue seems to have music behind it and it can be jarring as fuck.

MikeMyers

After switching from Kai to the old Funimation Dub I can now see both sides of the music debate for that series.

The original US dub has a better score in general...that is overused to hell and back. There are almost no silent moments in the dub. Every second of action and dialogue seems to have music behind it and it can be jarring as fuck.

That was my problem too. Falcouner had good tunes, especially by the Buu arc, but it was overplayed so much that it became a headache.

kayos90

Just to repost in case people missed it the first time.

Hey guys, we're starting our Saturday Pre-Show WatchBlock. We had a test run last weekend and had quite a blast watching some dumb eyepatch girl do stupid shit. Anyway, that's not what we're watching. If you're interested in joining the watch please join the ToonamiGAF IRC channel or send me a PM on how to join. It starts 9:00 PM EDT and will run roughly until 11:30PM EDT. We hope you can make it.

9:00 - Valvrave the Liberator - 1 - Revolutionary Transfer Student
9:25 - JoJo's Bizzare Adventure - 1 - Dio the Invader
9:50 - Fate/Zero - 1 - The Summoning of Ancient Heroes
10:40 - Darker than Black - 1 - The Fallen Star of a Contract... (Part 1)
11:05 - Steins;Gate - 1 - Turning Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom